“Anniversary Weekend”

Sailport Waterfront Suites
Ranked #17 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 23, 2014

My husband and I went to Tampa and Clearwater Beach. We stay at the Sailport. The staff was pleasant, very friendly, helpful with things to do in the area, and with directions. The room was just as we expected after seeing it online.The pictures didn't lie. It was clean and the view was amazing.We enjoyed our stay very much and will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shearrian
Mandy L, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your anniversary weekend stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back and we hope to be able to be your hotel of of choice again for your next anniversary!

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Had to beg for towels and blankets. Did without hot water for three days. Ran out of soap in bathroom. A mmHg d hall traffic sounds like a train station. I will never stay there again. One good thing was pool . Kids enjoyed the pool.

Room Tip: Second floor was loud. And husband just had 2 surgerys . Hall ways loud.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am so sorry to hear about your stay. I will discuss these issues with our housekeeping and maintenance staff as all of these issues should have been remedied during your stay. I do apologize for any inconvenience and we do hope if the opportunity arises that you give us a second chance.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Manager, Jerry, and his team are top notch! From a pre-stay tour, to an area overview, they went out of their way to provide us with a wonderful experience. They really care about their customers. Our room was perfect. The view was incredible. The stay was fantastic. We'll be sure to visit again.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank 3bobbyj

Thank you so much for your review. I will be sure that Jerry and the rest of our team see your review. We pride our self's on our customer service and we are so glad that we were able to make your stay and enjoyable one!. We look forward to return!

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We traveled in July for my husband's back surgeries at Laser Spine Institute. We were very satisfied with Sailport facility and the staff. They picked us up at the airport, after we got to our room they called to make sure it was ok. They carried us to all of his appointments with a smile. The grounds were nice for the walks, that are the initial back surgery patients therapy. Not sure if you would classify it as quaint, or trendy, that depends on your taste. It was romantic to some degree, there is a nice sunset deck, next to the pool, and there are grills and patio furniture to create a romantic date, and of course there is the private balcony overlooking the bay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our amenities that we offer, made your stay and your husbands recovery enjoyable. We would love to have as return guests and hopefully the next time you visit will be for a vacation instead of surgery! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Thank goodness for trip advisor! My husband had to come to Tampa for a conference so I came with him. I wanted a place with a view and I got it! Each room at Sailport looks out at the water! It's so pretty! There is nothing fancy about this hotel. Housekeeping doesn't even clean your room everyday but for me that was a plus because I was working in the room. They do come by everyday and offer fresh towels and anything else you might need and they clean your room and bed linens once during your stay which I think is perfect. It's clean and quiet and I felt safe. There is even a security guard on site. It is not far from the Courtney Campbell parkway which has a great running/ biking trail that I took advantage of one day. There is a small beach with volleyball, a small outdoor fitness center and a refreshing pool! They have free WiFi which I took advantage of every day and each suite has a kitchen which is so nice because I did not have a car and spent most of my time working in the room so I had everything I needed there since we had picked up some things at the grocery store. They are close to the airport and not too far from Clearwater beach but there is a nice public beach right around the corner. It had everything we needed at a great price! What a great find!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Laura N
Mandy L, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Great review...Thank you so much! We strongly value and welcome our guests feedback. We are glad that you were able to utilize our guests comments to make your decision to stay with us! We hope that you we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and that you will be able to enjoy our views and amenities that we provide!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

This was a very nice place for the money It could use some more skittles Was A very nice view of the bay I will stay here on my next trip to Tampa It is very good bang for your buck Was close to the attractions and the downtown area and the baseball and football stadiums are close by

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike D

Thank you for your review. With our central location, it is just a short drive to any of those locations. we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and our location. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

The staff was very helpful and courteous. The view from the rooms is awesome no matter which part of the bay you are looking at. The grounds are well maintained and the setting is peaceful and tranquil. It has a non-swimmable beach but great for sunbathing. The pool is well maintained, a nice size and towels are provided in the pool house. My only complaint is that the pool closed too early (10pm). It would be great if at least on Friday & Sat the pool would stay open til midnight.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool tend to be a little louder, but have an awesome view of the Sunset.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review. Great pictures as well! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your kind words and suggestion on to our staff. We hope to see you again in the future!