“Our stay!”

Sailport Waterfront Suites
Ranked #17 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Was the most relaxing time. Im just sorry i didnt stay longer. Called front desk twice and they were at my room within 5 minutes. Pool was awesome and view was spectaculer...will definitely be going back...Thank you all again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank madeline s
There are newer reviews for Sailport Waterfront Suites

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We visited Sailport this past weekend and it was perfect!! The suite felt like home and our view was beautiful. The friendliness of the staff was above and beyond most places I have stayed. We took the shuttle to dinner and the driver was prompt and very friendly. He offered us his opinion on where to eat and is choice was perfect. We are already looking forward to planning a much longer stay here next summer!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank clcarder
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked this on the strength of the information and pictures on the Internet. It was advertised as "Tampa's all waterfront all suites hotel" it looked lovely in the pictures and sounded great. In reality the hotel looks like a multi-story car park (the ground floor IS a car park). The receptionist was very abrupt and unwelcoming. We entered our "suite" to find that it was basic and furnished poorly with, what looked like furniture from the 1980s. The balcony had an obscure view of the waterfront and we were sorely disappointed. On enquiring whether we could be moved the receptionist informed us that they were full. The hotel has no bar or restaurant and is located in commercial area meaning that to eat out, or go for a drink, a drive is necessary. It is truly awful. Please ignore the glossy descriptions on the Internet. This was an unfortunately bad end to a great holiday in Florida where all other accommodation was excellent. Don't go there!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank MikeTorkington
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for your most recent stay at Sailport Waterfront Suites. I am sorry the complimentary parking did not work for you and your family. Being directly on Tampa Bay the only use for the land on the ground floor is for much needed parking. The hotel itself could not be built on the first floor due to building codes. We are Directly on the water. We will be completing the second phase of our room renovations which will complete the remaining rooms with all new renovated rooms with all new furniture. Make sure when booking your reservations you do not use a 3rd party website and your book directly with the hotel or at Sailport.com. This will always get you the lowest rates and most flexibility. Dealing directly with any hotel is much better and creates less hassle than booking indirectly through other sites. Be on the look out for our brand new fitness island and food and beverage outlet. Thank you

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My experience & stay here were cut short due to the weather (Not the staff or accommodation!!)

Great sized accommodation, & ample parking, although, I would say the decor is a little dated, but perfectly clean & well equiped.

I personally found the Wifi connection poor as did my wife)

But for those on a budget, a great find.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LittleBoyBlue
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I only have the opportunity to travel locally since I am pregnant and work a lot. I have lived in the Tampa area for years and honestly never heard of sail port waterfront suites. I wanted a quick one night getaway and read about sail port on tripadvisor..... Wow what a hidden little gem! The entire hotel over looks the bay and every room has a kitchen. The hotel was spotless and the room had a living room separate from the kitchen and bedroom separate as well. Hotel had a beach and a huge deck that sits directly on the water. As a local I was pleasantly surprised as I didn't know a hotel like this existed in this area. I will visit again and highly recommend to friends and family. This hotel is on rocky point which is close to the airport but far enough where you don't hear the planes.....

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Britt0613
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Sail port is an ideal place to get away and relax. Is more like a private condo instead of a hotel, but it was very comfortable and affordable. Loved the full kitchen which made it easy since I had my 2 year old grand daughter with me....kind of hidden to find but once there is nice. Parking is available and no extra fee...loved my view from the 4th floor. On the following morning my mom and I got to see the most exciting display of dolphins playing with their young and fishes flying out of the water...definite I will be there again. Next time I will fish at its port. Not much on TV channels it'll need an upgrade also for small kids to entertain them.

Room Tip: Higher floors is best especially left hand side unit has a better view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Boricua51
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I loved the view of this place and how nic all the staff were including the security guys at the gate. The only thing I would reommend when booking is to try and book a room with the beautiful view of the bay. The location was within walking distance to Hogans Beach and Bahama Breeze my friends and I enjoyed our girls long weekend

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a view of the bay. The sunset and sundown is amazing
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends