“dolphin swimming in the morning”

Sailport Waterfront Suites
Ranked #16 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was a valued place to stay after we arrived at the Tampa airport in the pouring rain. We asked for a renovated room which was on the 3rd floor. It was quiet and had a great view of the bay. Our bonus was being able to see a small dolphin looking for food to eat the morning we were leaving on August 1st. The staff was friendly (although at check out they were a little short staffed). We enjoyed ending our long flight with a relaxing swim in the pool.

1  Thank Salubriously

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Warming to all thinking about staying here. Aside from the nice view I would highly recommend staying away from this place.e and my family traveled all the way from NY looking for a clean and comfortable hotel to stay in. We got everything but that. First of all to get to the rooms the rooms are outside not in doors. The rails are open bars not solid! Very scary specially if your afraid of hights and difenetly not child safe at ALL!!! The room we were
Going to stay in first thing I noticed was the HORRIbLE mildew smell combined with the really old and stained carpets!! They obviously don't steam clean their rooms! The room had a bedroom and a sofa with a kitchen. For the bedroom it
Was horrible very outdated furniture although we had told them we were traveling with an infant and we were going to need a crib in advance. In that
Bedroom there was no way a
Crib could fit in there. When we went to check in there wasn't a crib available either! Rediculous!! The sofa bed was
Very old and dingy!
My first Impression on all of this was there surely has to be bed bugs in a place like this. Well to be honest we were barely there 5 minutes by the time I
Told my husband we needed to find another hotel ASAP!! Between the mildew smell safety of the balcony and hallway and space to fit a
Crib. There was NO WAY we were staying there even if they offered It for free!! Shame on them to make people think this is such a nice family place to stay in. I would highly recommend the
Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina. That's we're we
Ended up staying so
Clean and Fresh and the pool on the third floor was
AMAZiNG! Plus they have valet
Parking and they'll take your
Luggage up to you room! Unlike the sailport hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
7  Thank traveler2753
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Sailport. Sailport Waterfront Suites is a condominium hotel located directly on Tampa Bay. I have contacted the 3rd party website to see if there was any indication that we were a typical indoor BOX hotel and their website information was correct. We have been a very unique condo hotel since the beginning. We are a very busy hotel and apologize that our pack and play cribs were all in use. It is always best to book directly through the hotel so that all your requests can be accommodated It is always in the best interest of any guest at any hotel to book directly with the hotel and speak with on-site staff. I have discussed your room concerns with our team and apologize you were not able to experience one of our brand new completely renovated rooms. We are excited to start the second half of the room renovations shortly. That will complete the entire hotel and we will be offering the best room product in Tampa. Please contact me directly so that we can have you back as our guest during your next visit and assure a newly renovated room with pack and play so that you can enjoy the TRUE Sailport Experience.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

My stay here started out nice but at the end we were charged a large amount at check out for stained sheets that needed to be thrown out...never heard of that before. Not happy with the customer service here at all. Was not a happy ending to our vacation. Plus you should bring your own toilet paper bc it's horrible quality. And bring beach towels with you for sure. The pool towels were like the size of hand towels. Also, the couch was pretty worn and there were stinky fish guts in the garbage disposal when we arrived. On the plus side, the view was beautiful and it was very relaxing. Whiskey Joe's nearby was a nice outdoor bar. Will not stay here again though due to the ending of the trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica B
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Jessica B, I apologize for you being upset that your dads credit card was charged due to the unacceptable condition the room was left for service. Unfortunately non-accidental room damages must be paid by the guest as we pride ourselves with providing the best quality and service to all guests. Should you need copies of the photos please let me know so I can provide them to you. Your dad completely understood the reason behind the charges, if you need more information please contact me directly. I am glad to see that before you were aware of the room damage charge you were enjoying your stay. I have reviewed your feedback with our team as we truly appreciate all guest feedback. Guest feedback is one of many tools that allows us to be the best we can be. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need any information.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great hotel, I was pleasantly suprised! We had a nice clean room, partially updated, newer full size appliances and marble counters, flat screen tv's, DVD player, loved the desk area. The bathroom was small but nice, loved the separate bedroom. I would drink coffee on the balcony while my son was asleep in the bedroom. I liked the fire pit on the beach area at night. It was very enjoyable for the price. We had a one bedroom suite for me and my 5 yr old, it worked well for us. Only issue was slow drain in the shower (major pet-peeve of mine) and cracked tiles in the bathroom floor, I had to cover with a towel. Great view, quiet, I liked the manmade beach, it was more private, good sunset view from the huge deck by the pool and from my balcony. Wifi was iffy but it was probably better that way.
Location was good for us, we visited the Florida Aquarium. Some great restaurants on 60 (Kennedy Drive) heading east. Gogos Greek and The Flying Pan, very good. Also Evi Coffe Shop if you like to golo, those places were great and close by. Also a Walmart Market if you want groceries for the room. I would recommend getting some napkins/paper towels and a small dishsoap for the kitchen, but they have all the plates, glasses, silverware and other cooking items and small kitchen appliances.
They do not do maid service every day but they will bring you what you need when you need it, they responded to us quickly which was nice.
You do have to drive for dining and the only coffee service was either making it in your room or paying to have it dispensed from a machine by the front desk....I recommend they invest in a coffee bar but I'm a coffee lover. There are some nice local coffee shops too.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
I would definitely stay here again and explore more of Tampa.

Room Tip: Fourth floor room was great, top floor, less noise. If you can get a renovated room or partially re...
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at Sailport for 5 nights. We found this place online and hoped the pictures were accurate and reviews were trustworthy. We were very pleasantly surprised. We arrived in the evening to an amazing sunset and found our room to be cold and clean. We overlooked the fishing pier and man-made beach, which does not provide sunset views from the balcony, but there were plenty of chairs outside if we wanted to sit on the other side. The fishing pier was our boys' favorite way to start each day and bait was just a short ride away (we wished their mini-store sold bait!). We went to Busch Gardens and Adventure Island, as well as a Rays game. We drove 15 miles to the parks each day and looked for (and saw many) other places to stay next time and decided Sailport will be our destination next time, too! The closest grocery was about 7 minutes away on Dale Mabry and the restaurants surrounding the immediate area were not places we wanted to go with kids (Bahama Breeze was our only option). We never once heard any noise from our second floor room and the bed was better than our own. =/ The boys slept on the sofabed and didn't complain, but an adult might....the bunkbeds were small like on a train sleeper car. All in all we will definitely return as this was a really nice place to come home to after an exhausting day in the Florida sun at an amusement park!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great place to stay with a family and kids on a budget...fishing,a grill for cookouts, dvd player separated bedroom, very affordable and pretty close to the beaches. I would stay here again...the carpets in the hallways need to be replaced.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed here for our wedding night. The staff, especially Annmarie, was very accommodating with us. We were allowed an early check in time and extra parking spaces when our best man threw an impromptu after party. The rooms were clean, the view was gorgeous, and our stay was incredibly affordable. We were missing a TV remote but that did not put a dent in our relaxation. Would recommend and stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple