“Marijuana Under Mattress”

Ranked #17 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Marijuana Under Mattress”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel is the view. We will NEVER stay here again. Me, my fiancee and best friend stayed here June 25-28, 2013. Upon arrival we went to our rooms on what felt like unstable floors, creaking loudly every move you make and dipping in different areas of the suite. The second night we had got a redbox movie to watch in the living room on the pullout mattress....except the pullout mattress was wired and we weren't able to use it. So, instead, we decided to pull the smaller bed from my friends room...we lifted it only to find a baggy FULL of MARIJUANA...yes you read that right....MARIJUANA!! I called the front desk to tell them because we didn't know what to do...they sent someone up to confiscate it..we asked for another room or something because we were scared that someone may come knocking in the middle of the night wanting their weed, she said "oh I'm sure you guys will be fine..if you feel or hear anything just give security a call and they will be right up" Mind you, we are on the 3rd floor and we barely saw any security and when we did, they were on the verge of sleeping. We were not offered another room or anything. Horrible service leaving your customers afraid to sleep at night. Upon checkout, they didn't disclose any pricing so I assumed what they were charging my card for was just miscellaneous fees...nope..get in the truck and start looking at my receipt, they charged me for the whole stay even though I used booking.com already..I call and the woman was so rude and would not let me complete my sentence and explain my concerns. Just so frustrating..I guess at Sailport Waterfront Suites there is no such thing as "Customer is always right" or have any respect or care.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank lgrandy
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your stay at Sailport. I sincerely apologize that we did not exceed your expectations and that you had to witness something left behind from a previous guest. We have implemented a new HSK procedure that will prevent this from happening in the future. Unfortunately we can not control every single guest that comes in here nor pinpoint which guest it was. Please contact me directly so that we can make this right for you and your family and allow you to enjoy the TRUE Sailport experience as our guest. Remember when booking you will always find the lowest rates at Sailport.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
wednesbury
Reviewed June 28, 2013

suits are clean they have a nice kitchen with big fridge freezer great view from your room. you dont have to drive to eat they have a fre bus you book in reception. free wifi .nice pool with another great view

west midlans uk
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Only stayed two short nights here, but well worth staying for comfort, cleanliness and fantastic views over Tampa Bay. Extended family party, all with sea views. We stayed in 245/246/247 all unserviced because of short stay but well stocked with towels etc:An excellent service is a free shuttle to local resturants provided by Hotel.

Rex, Georgia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed there in June 2013 party of 9 and we had a great time!! very clean , comfortable and secure!!! LOve ittttttttttttttttttttt.
We recommend this hotel, love the view, the food , the staff, the parking , everything here is Positive.

Room Tip: Please choose the two bdr suite! is woth the extra $$
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed twice in the last month and both times the experience was almost beyond belief for the rate charged which was $70/nite - perhaps a little less than because I had an extended stay. Both times the rooms were clean and in good to excellent condition and, as with virtually all the suites, each room had a nice view of the water. Literally all the staff were mas helpful as I could want with going out of their way so pleasantly with any request (thanks Nick, Annamarie, Jerry and Harry!). I have stayed many times in Marriott 2 bedroom villas in different vacation locales which cost much, much more/nite and are definitely nice. Our Sailport one bedroom for my wife and I for a fraction of the cost, while smaller and more compact, were just about as functional and nice for us. The 2 bedroom suites I saw were also very nice and definitely more spacious in the feel. If you are looking for super fancy upscale, Sailport may not be your place but otherwise I've never stayed anyplace (from nice middle of the road motels like Hampton, Courtyard, Countrywide to top of the line resort hotels and villas) and none could beat Sailport for the value rate and were just about as satisfying and enjoyable for my wife and I as any of the other definitely more, and sometimes much more, expensive vacation resorts or hotels except for the perhaps adequate but much smaller pool - however for the price no complaints at all. But, again, if you want a fancy resort or a big upscale pool area with snack bar and drinks, Sailport may not be for you but my wife and I will definitely return on our next trip to Tampa to visit daughter and her family.

Room Tip: Despite other reviews that recommend 3rd or, better,, 4th floor rooms (rooms are on 2nd through 4th...
1 Thank Richard7535242
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your extended stay at Sailport. There is no better place to stay when looking for extended stay accommodations or even if just coming to town for a few nights. I have passed along your kind words to the team and e look forward to your return visit to Sailport. You will always find the lowest rates at Sailport.com. As a repeat guest please use promotional code REPEAT for additional discounts.
Windermere, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you are looking for a centrally located and inexpensive place to explore Tampa, you'll like Sailport. More of a corporate apartment complex than a resort, the rooms are spacious and clean. The basics are covered: the rent a cop security people are pleasant enough but as far as we could tell, there is no maid service; we ran out of coffee and towels the first morning. The bed was hard and fairly uncomfortable,
That being said, the rooms are clean and spacious and the grounds are well kept, even if the building is squeezed into a patch of concrete buildings and highways along old Tampa Bay. Located near the airport, Sailport is a fairly easy drive (at least as easy as Tampa gets) to beaches, downtown, and the fairgrounds. Having a kitchen is a nice convenience, the free wifi is serviceable and the TVs are cable, no pay per view or other extras.
If you were coming to Tampa and looking for a resort, Sailport is a poor choice, it has no restaurants, a small pool and an even smaller beach and if you showed up for a luxury weekend you'd be disappointed.

1 Thank Rick D
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Sailport Waterfront Suites. Where we pride ourselves in the quality, cleanliness and service we provide our guests I must agree with you a luxury resort we are not. Sailport is by far your best home away from home when visiting Tampa Bay. Come for the view and stay for the comfort. Thank you for pointing out all the excellent features Sailport offers and we look forward to your next visit to Tampa. Look for our new Waterfront Bar and Grill coming shortly.
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I would recommend staying at Sailport if you visit the Tampa area. The staff was excellent, including Jerry, the front desk person. He made us feel like we were more than just out of town guests and he was the most pleasant and friendly person I've ever met at a hotel. The property was clean and well kept and the pool was excellent. The room was very clean and the entire staff was very nice and friendly. It is rare these days to find a place that is as nice as Sailport and the rates are very reasonable. The views from our room and the entire property were great as well and location was excellent.