“Sailport is one of THE BEST places to stay in Tampa!”

Sailport Waterfront Suites
Ranked #18 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I would recommend staying at Sailport if you visit the Tampa area. The staff was excellent, including Jerry, the front desk person. He made us feel like we were more than just out of town guests and he was the most pleasant and friendly person I've ever met at a hotel. The property was clean and well kept and the pool was excellent. The room was very clean and the entire staff was very nice and friendly. It is rare these days to find a place that is as nice as Sailport and the rates are very reasonable. The views from our room and the entire property were great as well and location was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,984)

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great place for family with kids or couples, great value, great view, very spacious, clean, good location = GREAT. We watched birds and fish from our balcony. Sunsets are gorgeous. Pool was crystal clear with a bay view. Nice to walk around facility since it sits directly on the bay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank kentnmary18
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was my second trip to Sailport, since our first visit was a good one. We were less than satisfied on our 4 day trip to the point that we cut the trip short by 1 day. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, upon arrival my balcony was covered in pigeon feces! It had rained earlier in the day so when we got to the room, the soaked balcony carpet was wet...along with the pigeon feces. I have an undestanding that pigeons, birds will be around, but the property management should ensure that the guest will received a clean accommodations. I tolded the Front dest Manager, who sent up housekeeping to use a bottled cleanser to attemp to remove the droppings. Only to leave smeared stains on the balcony carpet. They did not offer to give me another room, and the property was not full. So we did not use the balcony because by day 2 and 3 the pigeions did what they ususally do returned!

Also because of the rain I was told to have an acceptance of the large "waterbugs or roaches" within the suite. I was so surprise that the Front Desk Manager expected me to just except that too! I was very disappointed in the cleanliness of the property. This was below my standards in a Hotel . I as considering further actions about my stay. I

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Brenda Gayle M
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I sincerely apologize that we did not exceed your expectations as the team take great pride is providing the very best quality and service. Please contact me directly so that we can make this right for you. I have discussed your review and concerns with the management team so that we can learn from our mistakes. You will always find the lowest rates at Sailport.com. Use promotional code repeat to receive additional discounts for our repeat guests.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and 2 kids for 4 days on a trip to Busch Gardens. I had never been to Tampa before so I wanted to stay someplace as close to the bay as possible. This hotel is steps from Tampa Bay. There are no beaches that you can enter right on the property but there's a small beach right down the street (wasn't very good though and watch the sharp rocks on the right side of the beach-there are signs but we all cut our feet). About 20 minutes down the Causeway is Clearwater.

The room was very clean. I could actually walk barefoot on the carpet without being grossed out. The suites were pretty large. We stayed in a family suite which has a room with a queen bed, 2 bunk beds sort of in a hallway area, a living room with a pull-out sleeper couch and a kitchen with full size appliances. You can't really fit more than one person at a time in the kitchen but it was clean and everything worked.

The bunk beds have a sign that says they're only rated for 40lb children or less and there are no guard rails. My kids are a little bigger than that so they slept on the pullout couch but they liked it.

Flat screen TV's in the living room and the bedroom.

It took us 25-30 minutes to get to Busch Gardens from here but the view of the bay was worth the extra drive.

I would definitely stay here again.

One bad thing though was if you use a debit card to hold your room but you want to pay with cash they charge the entire amount of the stay as a hold on your card. This won't get released for 5-7 business days. It caused us some extra hassle but we ended up just paying with that card and depositing the cash so it was not a big deal but it was an unexpected hassle and I heard at least one other guest having the same problem so I thought I'd mention it.

Room Tip: The way this hotel is laid out every room has a great view of the bay. Only one elevator that's...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DanFromNM
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at Sailport. I am glad your first trip to Tampa went well and your enjoyed all Sailport had to offer. Unfortunately the holding of funds on your debit card is not a policy of Sailport but a policy of your bank. W only secure payment for your stay but when you leave if paying cash we release the funds on our end it just takes the bank several business days to release it on their end. We look forward to your next trip to Tampa and stay at Sailport. Don't forget when making your next reservation that you will ALWAYS find the lowest rates at Sailport.com or calling the hotel directly.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The staff was friendly and courteous. My sister and I were here for surgery at LSI. Suites are clean and roomy. I recommend the Sailport to anyone wanting to stay in Tampa. We met Brittany, Anne Marie, Jerry, Micheal and Harry. They are great!!! Especially thanks to Micheal Gonzales, the shuttle driver for spoiling us. Look forward to coming back soon.

Brenda Cook and Kathy Price

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy P
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you very much for all the kind words regarding your most recent stay at Sailport Waterfront Suites. We pride ourselves on providing the best quality and service in the Tampa Bay area. You excellent review was shared with the entire team and we look forward to your visit back to Tampa. Remember you will ALWAYS find the lowest rates available at SAILPORT.COM.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have been coming to Sailport for many years. We find it to be clean and relaxing. Each time we are pleasantly surprised to see the continuous improvements to the resort . Greg (the general mgr) is doing a remarkable job with this place. Of course Jerry is one great guy at the front desk. We met Brittney for the first time. What a sweetheart, so friendly and courteous, as we find with all the staff. Our suggestion , make your own reservation by calling or using the internet. You will get better rates than the travel CO has to offer with no hidden fees. Ask for Dave or Nick they work for the resort and know the property and your needs. It is a great place to relax. We go for days and never leave the property. Bobbi from SC

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your continued support of Sailport Waterfront Suites. I am so glad you are recognizing the continuous efforts to be the best we can be. We have so many more upgrades and renovations on the way. We look forward to your next stay with us and as you already know, you will always find the lowest rates at SAILPORT.COM. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The staff was friendly and courteous, the rooms are very clean and inviting.. As well as the view from the patio was spectacular! I highly recommended this hotel to my friends and family, and I will be staying here again very soon..

Sharon coviello