“Great location, great price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sailport Waterfront Suites

Sailport Waterfront Suites
Ranked #17 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great location, great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The location is wonderful with great views over the bay (need to make sure you get a room far enough out to get the best views)

Many of the rooms have been upgraded and are very good with large fridge, cooker and island. Beds are a bit small but otherwise are great value for money.

Close to airport and shopping malls.

For a short stay in Tampa they are hard to beat for the price.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator
5 Thank anjosjest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Turkish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I've been staying at Sailport since I was very young, and it has always been great. Incredible location, fair prices and a great environment. The employees are extremely nice and patient, which is not easy when working at a hotel. Two employees in particular, Sharice and Tyrell, were absolutely wonderful. The phones won't stop ringing, people are checking in, I'm trying to buy some juice..Most would've gotten overwhelmed, but they were patient, calm, efficient and kind to every single guest. I hope the manager knows how lucky she or he is to have such consistent and great employees! Thank you so much for another fabulous stay you guys, and Sailport! Be back soon :-)

5 Thank laura k
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you and YES I absolutely appreciate the OUTSTANDING staff here at Sailport and we are constantly strive to be the best. Both Sharise and Tyrell are a big part of our properties service successes. I hope you enjoyed our new beach fire pit and tiki tourches at night and our new Sunset Patio to enjoy Tampa's best sunsets. When you return there willbe many new recreational additions as well as a new waterfront bar and grill. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was interested in seeing some of the units that Sailport has for sale and decided to stay there
first. There was a total mixup from Travelocity on my reservation so I arrived around 9 pm on a
Sunday, and Jasmine, a new employee, informed me that I had been cancelled out. Rather than send me out into the night to look for another room, she successfully contacted her manager that late and was lead through a computer drill that got me a fabulous room. It was a full kitchen suite with a beautiful view of the Bay. The manager really has excellent front desk staff. When I checked out Pablo made sure that everything had been satisfactory and then gave me a discount code for future visits.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank KLARC
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have reviewed the Sailport in the past and given it good reports. This is no different. The location is excellent. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The suites are clean and spacious. We stayed for 2 nights before travelling south and 2 nights on our return to the airport. As long as the suites are always like this we wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else in Tampa. Well done.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kwaitang
Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to a return visit. When you do return we should be halfway through our complete room renovation and our new waterfront bar and grill should be completed by end of January 2013. We look forward to your comments when you return and thank you for your continued support
ft pierce
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Soooo....we stayed at Sailport while attending a beautiful wedding in Tampa, We arrive around midnight, I waited in the car with the 2 sleeping children while my husband went to check us in. Once we unloaded our luggage onto the cart and took to the room, we found a 1 bedroom room with a pull out bed (partially broken) in the very used couch with holes each side, Being so late, I immediately went to set up the pull out bed for the kids that are 1/2 asleep then noticed there were no sheets, or anything for their bed. We called housekeeping to get bedding, after atleast 45 minutes ...... finally they can go to sleep. Once we woke in the morning, went to get showers, while the water was on there was sometype of pump or something that made a horrible knocking sound. We never saw room service except for when we had to request additional towles. We did use their courtesy shuttle to do some shopping at the mall, after 2 calls for a pick up, we waited for an hour on the side of the mall designated for pickup, in the middle of mall construction, along with 2 kids, then on the way back to the hotel, we stopped to get another family from the airport, during the entire ride the driver was making comments at other cars on the road and breezed through many stopsigns. I can live with all that only due to the fact we were not there all that much. But what is really disturbing me is the fact that once we checked in they ran a hold on our card then once we checked out they ran it for the correct amount, that hold will take a week to credited back to our account in the amount of $360.00. I called the hotel and was told all hotels do this (no, they do not). I aslo contacted my bank and they do not see any reason it would take that long to come off of our account.

12 Thank dru c
General M, Owner at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Than you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at Sailport. I do appologize that we did not exceed your every expectation regarding your stay. Your feedback regarding your tranportation experience allowed to to coach and counsel the associate and I assure you that has been resolved. Our beautiful property is in the middle of a complete renovation and appologize if it affected your stay. Please call me personally so i can invite you back as my guest. As far as the credit card hold at check in, all reputable hotels will expect a method of payment to secure your stay. Even if you pay with a different form of payment at check out the bank does take a few days to release that money. We have no control over the bank releasing the hold on your funds even though we did call the bank to try and have the money released. Please call me should you have any other questions. Thank you
Lynn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The room or condo was recently done over ----------------bed was so comfortable - I tried to take the Mattress Pad off to see what make it was - but the mattress was complete covered and I couldn't remove it. View was spectaular - couch was a little uncomfortable - however, I put my pillow from the bedroom behind my back and it was much better.

I was concerned that there were lots of kids - but it wasn't noisy at all. In fact, it was quite.

I would highly recommend a stay at this site.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fran4258
West Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Although the grounds are nice the rooms need a total makeover. Sofa bed had stains and rip that was held together with duct tape. Rip in carpet repaired with duct tape. Blankets had rips in them. My children slept on the floor because the sofa bed was disgusting. Would not recommend to anyone until rooms get a complete makeover.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank TM26
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at Sailport. I sincerely appologize that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay. Our property is in the process of a complete renovation to include all new furniture for all our rooms. Please contact me directly so that I can have you back as my guest so you and your family can enjoy the true Sailport Experience. I am glad you were able to enjoy our stunning landscaping and water views.. Hopefully you were able to enjoy the beach fire pit area.