Sailport Waterfront Suites
Marriott Hotels
$145
$129
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$178
$136
$142
$85
$72
Travelocity
2,086 results
All reviewsfull kitchenlaser spine institutefire pitfishing pierrusty pelicanvolleyball courtsandy arealiving roomview of the baycovered parkingprivate beachclearwater beachheated poolrocky pointbahama breezewater viewnice pool
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This place is awesome clean very friendly people and the view from our balony was breath taking and the price I could not believe. They have a nice pool, lots of places to sit outside and watch the sunset. We had a one bedroom suite very nice.Would go back in a minute.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sbe1218
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I am very very particular about where I stay. From the website this place appeared to be one way, in person, something else. I am SO glad that I paid a discounted rate for this place. Had I paid fullprice I would have been furious. My husband and I only stayed for the weekend and before the night was over after we checked in I contemplated checking out and going somewhere else. The rooms smelled musty and stale. I didn't even shower without my flipflops on. Dirty, dated and misrepresented. There is also no noise filter. You can hear the people in the next room clearly as well as anyone who walks past the door. This place reminds me of a motel that charges by the hour. The view of the bay was nice if you can get past the giant garbage dumpsters.. They should just demo this property and rebuild. The location isn't bad but the rooms are dirty, old and in serious need of rennovation. I would never stay here again or recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
15  Thank EnGee1976
David F, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us. We value all of our guest’s comments, good and bad. At Sailport our guest’s satisfaction is number one. We have spoken with our housekeeping department and have addressed your concerns with them. We are also in the process of a complete renovation including a brand new furniture package. The first phase of our new furniture package will start in mid-October. Sailport truly is a gem on Rocky Point and we would hope that you would give us another chance and visit us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

According to their website they claim they offer free breakfast, amenities on sight: like horse shoes, teatherball, personal on sight motor boats for rental... Yeah right!!!!! They lie!!! The customer service sucks!!!!!!!! They tell you one thing and do another. The rooms smell like mildew or dead cats. All rooms are out of date with old furniture. The fridge smelled awful, we lived out of a cooler for a week and almost every other night the cops were there for some issue?!?!!!!! With that being said, the pool they did have on site was either a soaking bath for 30+ people at a time and/or extremely cloudy... No thanks! The so called beach they have did look out at the bay but was a super small area with NO WATER ACCESS!!!! For the other amenities they claim they have, the one and only other one was volleyball courts and they were only open till 9 on the weekdays and 10 on the weekends!!! Come on, with the little bit they do have to offer they restrict you from using it or cut you off at hours that are ridiculously early. I'm sorry, but my family and I are here on vacation and not looking to go to bed at 10 on the weekends. In addition, security takes their job way too seriously causing issues when nobody is doing anything wrong, speeding on property in their little golf carts and the hour before the pool/volleyball courts close they are coming every 10 minutes interrupting families and reminding them the time it closes... We got it the first time!! And... It won't hurt them to be polite and smile or wave to you when you are entering or leaving the property....

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
14  Thank Mary C
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Great location,
Bad place! Old furnishings, old and very uncomfortable bed ( makes too much noise). The door, the water, the ac, and everything makes noises. The pulled out bed is too old and hard it is almost impossible to sleep in it. The layout of the unit is old fashion and the parking garage takes all the place in first floor. There is no clear signs and the swimming pool and public area is obstructed by the parking garage. There is no way to let the children to the pool by themselves, is dark and too much traffic. The guards at the main entrance, can not see the back of the hotel, or people by the pool. The TVs don't work, no channels. The bedroom television and the one in the living room are not on the same cable companies so the channels weren't the same. The one in the bedroom doesn't have a remote either. Very blurry screen. Overall, the stay was absolutely horrible.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank nezi93

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at Sailport as your comments help us improve our customer satisfaction. We are in the process of upgrading our rooms with a brand new furniture package with the first phase estimated to be completed in October and is to include new flat screen TV’s in all units. We have spoken to our staff and security to express your concerns as well. We strongly value safety and security and we are reviewing our policies and procedures to ensure this. I certainly hope that you can give us another chance to gain your business and visit us again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Fortunately, we weren't paying, we were staying with my in-laws in a 2 bedroom condo. There was about a foot clearance on all sides of the bed in which to walk, and the owner had a lot of his own stuff in the closets. Then, the air conditioning went out sometime Friday night, making it impossible to stay. The owner of this particular unit, instead of calling a 24 hour repairman, moved us all into a one bedroom condo for two nights, until Monday. The new condo was much brighter, but smaller, and of course we ended up sleeping on the floor, and when you opened the fridge, dishwasher, or cabinet, the whole placed filled with dead fish smell.

On top of all that, you're in Tampa, on the water, but there is no beach. There is a tiny little sandbox next to the water, but you cannot access the water. There is a pool, but I can stay in any hotel for a pool. The internet service was terrible. Another family in the elevator apparently had a similar bad experience.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank burns41
David F, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for your recent comments in regards to your stay with us. We apologize for any issues that you may have had. We are in the process of a complete renovation including a brand new furniture package which the first phase of our new furniture package will start in mid-October. We will also be adding a waterfront bar and grill to our property along with some additional amenities. By calling us directly or booking through our website, we can better assist you and accommodate your needs. We would love to be able to welcome you back and have you be able to experience what Sailport truly has to offer.