“depends on room!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tampa, Florida
“depends on room!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

When I first got here I was asked what room I prefer. I said I wanted an updated room. They think a flat screen TV means upgrade... The first room I was given had the dirtiest carpet Ive ever seen anywhere. There were stains every square foot. It had a view of a man made beach (which you cannot swim on, just sand) also, only half of the view was of the bay. Ther other half was was obstructed by part of the building..
I asked for a different room the minute I stepped in.. They were very kind in trying to find me another room.. I got room 332 which had a tube tv and was not (updated) but it had an unobstructed view. This is the room I am giving 5 stars to.
I have 4 of the best TV's money can buy in 2012 at home but when on vacation to Tampa, TV is not a big concern of mine.. The biggest thing for me is that the new room was very clean. Not a single stain on the carpet which makes a world of difference, makes it feel like home where you can walk barefoot.. Also it was open concept, the first room, (which I dont remember the number) had a closed off office space which made the kitchen closed off more..
With the excellent rates and this clean open concept room I didnt mind the tube tv at all and I give 5 stars to. The first room I would give 2.7 stars (sorry I dont remember the room number) I wish the pool had a hot tub which would have made this hotel a lot better but I really have no complaints with the rates and room 332..
This hotel is also pretty much inbetween clearwater beach and Busch Gardens/Adventure island with about a 35 minutes drive to either.
I would definately come back to this hotel any chance I get but would make sure that there is a clean room available otherwise I would not book..
Oh yeah and they had the strongest ac Ive had in any hotel/motel..

Room Tip: Ask for clean room! Some are the dirtiest you will find anywhere. Some are very clean...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank john s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We requested a rennovated suite with an exterior entrance (thanks to reading other reviews!). Our suite was stunning. We had three adults and we had plenty of room. The extra closet by the bathroom was a huge plus for storing toiletries as the bathroom is small. The staff was as accommodating as any five star hotel. We really appreciated the great service from Edward at the desk - he is true hospitality professional. The shuttle service was great to get our older son around at night to the local establishments. The pool was very clean and well serviced. We are looking forward to another vacation here -- the price was amazing for the space and location. We hit twelve beaches along the coast within five days, as well as enjoying Ybor city and Channelside in Tampa.

Room Tip: Request rennovated room with exterior entrance
3 Thank allsun4321
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I knew it was bad news as I pulled in front of the hotel's massive parking lot. It reeked of mildew and mold. The check-in, on the second floor, was no better. I asked the representative if we were getting a good room, playfully, and he said that it certainly had a great view.
By "great view," I don't think he meant the rats scurrying about just down the hall, on our way to the room. They were busy enjoying an overflowing trash area.
When we got to the room, I noticed most the parking lot, though the next morning I did see the distant water with a small patch of man-made beach. A large dumpster marred my view.
There certainly was no view in the small master bedroom, other than four confining walls.
The place was to be fully equipped, but in the way of towels we had only washcloths, and there were no flat screen televisions.
We also could not change the thermostat to a different temperature.
My hotels reviews usually include high ratings, and I am not a traveler that goes looking for what's wrong. This time the flaws were just too big to ignore.
Skip this place. The past good reviews have no current foundation.

Room Tip: if you are determined to stay here, perhaps a higher floor would make the front dumpster less obviou...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank babsorama6688
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your stay here at Sailport. As a condo hotel we do offer a much more uniquiness envirnment as well as a much different feel then your typical box hotel. We are the only all Suite Condo hotel in Tampa which provides all our guest with a beautiful bay view. I have discussed all your oppertunities and challanges with our management team and it is feedback like ours that allows us to be the best we can be. Please contact me directly so that we can assure you have the true Sailport experience all our guests are writing about.

Leawood, Kansas, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2012

For the price, this was a good choice. The one bedroom was fine, but the bunk beds were too small for my children (which I didn't catch on the website before we went). The pull out bed was ancient - the mattress following apart and it was wafer thin. The whole sofa was really in bad shape - not comfortable for sitting or sleeping. Otherwise the place was good - the staff was friendly and the views were great.

1 Thank Marcy K
, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay here at Sailport Waterfront Suites. All your feedback was reviewed in our leadership meeting and is in the process of addressing. I am happy to let you know that in September we will be starting our fist phase of our all brand new furniture project. Every room will be getting brand new furniture, fixtures, window coverings and artwork. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can have you back and experience our brand new product. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.
Coal Valley, IL
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for an event. The check in process was slow and the outside of the hotel, though well kept looked old. Once we saw the well appointed suite and the pool we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was very helpful and it was an added plus to have 24 hour security at the entrance.

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank tammyu
Amsterdam
Reviewed July 10, 2012

For a quick visit tot Tampabay or a short stay before or after a flight its a excellent location. Well equiped, good maintenance (property is recently reneovated) spacious room with a great kitchen (if you want to use it). Coneviently located near International airport and mall. No hasle, just easy come and easy go.

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the complex facing Tampa bay have the best view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Henk V
Cedar rapids
Reviewed July 8, 2012

It sits along the Tampa bay. We had a 2 bedroom suite with a balcony looking out over the bay. I thought it was pretty nice for the price and the kids love the place.

Room Tip: Great place to stay with kids the price is nice and the kitchens are well set up so you can save a c...
1 Thank dbahnsen