“Very Friendly Staff, Okay location”

Sheraton Tampa Brandon Hotel
Ranked #55 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The location is convenient to 75 and the FL State Fairgrounds, but you can't walk anywhere. To get to a restaurant you need to drive a distance. There is a restaurant at the hotel, but we didn't dine there. It looked like a cafeteria room and lacked atmosphere. The lobby is large and cozy and the bar area is wonderful. Derek is a fabulous bartender and will make sure that you are well taken care of. Persad (my apologies for the spelling) is the awesome accommodating shuttle driver who made our evening much nicer. I wish I could remember the name of the very pleasant woman at the front desk. So very nice! Wonderful staff. But the rooms had an odd odor to them. I don't know if it was cleaning solution or musty rugs. The balcony furniture needs some attention. Overall, the rooms were nice and large and well appointed. If I am heading to the State Fairgrounds again, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Heather C, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Brandon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the interactions with our staff, as we pride ourselves on the service we provide. While there are not many options within walking distance, I see you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service, where you had the pleasure of meeting Persad (which you did spell correctly!). It is a pleasure to receive such great recognition and I will be sure to share your experience with Derek, Persad, and the front desk staff. I would like to extend our apologies for the failure to meet your expectations and ours with your accommodations and would appreciate the opportunity to oversee your reservations and accommodations on your next visit. Please contact me directly to make arrangements for your next stay at heather.cannon@interstatehotels.com. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times for business. This is a really nice place to stay, great rooms and accommodations. The restaurant food is below par and very pricey. When there for meetings it is the only choice. There is a lot in the area but plan on driving 10-15 minutes. Nice pool and a great place for business travelers or families as there is a really nice pool.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Heather C, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Brandon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Thank you for your loyalty. We are pleased to see that you enjoy our property. We are excited to announce that we have a new larger menu with a variety of options. Please come back and join us on your next visit to the Tampa area whether it is for business or your leisure.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying if you are looking for a hotel with a view this is not it. This hotel is beautiful and for the price cannot be beat though. It is in the middle of Tampa itself, although it looks to be in the middle of nowhere, about 20 mins from Busch Gardens, 20 mins to Yuenling Brewery and Cigar City Brewery, and about 45 mins from Tropicana Field because it is in St. Petersburg. The room is spacious, updated, and even had a balcony (ours overlooked the parking lot but since we went for July 4th, was nice to see the fireworks from). The bathroom was awesome. The lobby and common areas look like they were just redone. Staff was helpful and attentive. I have no complaints at all and am already planning on staying here again at the end of next month.

• Stayed: July 2013
Heather C, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Brandon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

We pride ourselves on the services and accommodations which we provide and I am pleased to see that was reflected during your stay. Your observations are correct, we recently completed a $10 million dollar renovation updating and upgrading all aspects of the hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to having another opportunity to serve you next month and would love for you to enjoy a pool view during your next stay.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Ok first off the hotel it self is very nice an clean an well kept mainly the lobby area,ok on to my check in when checking in the person who checked me in name was paula an boy did she have an attitude she did not explain to me anything about the hotel, like what was free an what wasnt ect.. I asked about a refridgerator being in my room befor i arrived an i was told one would be there so when i got to my room there wasnt one there also i notice the room had an god awful mildew smell that set my alergies off so i asked to be moved an i was, the other room smelled like mildew aswell but it wasnt as bad so i stayed because once the ac was on it cleard that odor out, the room was nice the bed was horrible but i stayed for 7 days so i got used to it, the reason i gave this hotel a 2 rating becasue everything in it is highly overpriced like a bottled water was 3$ a regular chicken sandwhich was 12$ lol i kid u not also i noticed that if u make local calls they will charge u 1$ per call LOCAL CALLS not long distance but local calls, shocker because every hotel i stayed local calls where free so when i recieved my bill it was sky high its bad enough ur chargeing 3$ for bottled water ur charging money for free local calls too? Really? Bottom line is i would not stay here again like i stated nice hotel just overpriced also dont expect free breakfast or free internet but it was free internet in the lobby so that was ok i guess just expected better

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for choosing our property for your seven day visit to the Tampa area. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds, as they are a popular feature throughout the Sheraton brand. While refrigerators are not in all guest rooms there are available upon request at no additional charge. It’s apparent that you experienced issues that are not the standard of this hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We booked this hotel because we were attending a concert in town. It was exactly what we expected. It isn't really a resort type hotel, but rather a place where business travelers, etc would stay. They had a nice lobby & the room was adequate & mostly clean. ( cleanliness is my hot button, and I can be picky). Good, solid Sheraton in a rather odd location, but great to have this option on the east side of Tampa. And my other hot button...comfortable bed. This bed was very comfortable with good bedding.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Heather C, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Brandon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you! It is wonderful to hear that we were able to meet your expectations providing the services and accommodations. Cleanliness is important to us and we want to ensure a clean comfortable room for all our guests and appreciate feedback. We hope you enjoyed the concert and look forward to seeing you for the next time you are able to make it to the Tampa area. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My family and I needed a place to stay overnight as we headed further south. This place was perfect for a good night of rest. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are nice and clean. I would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed: July 2013

We pride ourselves on the product and services with we offer and I am ecstatic that you enjoyed our property. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again for a relaxing night of comfort next time you find yourself heading south. Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback and review our property.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

After hearing there was a 10 million dollar renovation I was very excited to stay here. Unfortunately I was a bit dissappointed. My dissatisfaction is mainly cosmetic. Whoever did the interior could use a few tips or needs to actually stay in more hotels. I say this because it was very dark, too much dark wood and dark colors and dark lighting. If it were balanced with whites or light colors not all dark the rooms would be much better. Beside terrible lighting the wallpaper in the bathroom is a bit creepy, its a dark color and the pattern looks like giant lips! The Lobby is well done very open airy and bright so I dont know if they used someone else to do the rooms. Also its a nice gesture and comfy but the feather pillows and comforter had tiny feathers flying everywhere I almost choked on some. The staff is nice but could use a bit more coaching/ formal training, that could be a Mgmt issue or due to the fact that I see a lot of non biz customers stay there. I have stayed there a few times and would definately go back because of the location and value. Its a nice hotel to use for family get togethers & events. Very Close to I-75 and within 30-60 min of most Tampa attractions

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
376HeatherC, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Brandon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

We are excited about our 10 million dollar renovation as well, and I am sorry to hear about your disappointment. However, I am pleased to see that you will return to provide us with another opportunity to serve you. The newly renovated rooms and lobby were all designed according to the Sheraton standards, including our popular Sweet Sleeper Beds and Bedding. Thank you for mentioning our staff, as I will share your feedback ensuring we continuously improve upon exceeding expectations. We to have the opportunity to serve you again and sincerely thank you for your time.