“Getting to know Tampa trip”

Sheraton Tampa East Hotel
Ranked #68 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
DFW
“Getting to know Tampa trip”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed for 5 days while getting to know the Tampa area. The hotel itself was fine. The front desk staff were helpful. I would suggest that when you check-in you ask for a room mid-way from the end of the row of rooms and the elevator. There were very few guests staying at the Sheraton, yet they put us in the very last room (the hallways are unusally long and winding) so it was a bit of a hull to the elevator, ice machine, etc. Which is normally not an issue, except three times our room keys did not work and you know the drill to get them re-keyed.

While the hotel faces a major highway and our room happened to face the highway, the heavy traffic noise was not an issue. So there was pretty good noise insulation.

The only thing that might be improved upon is the daily room housekeeping efforts. They would forget to give us bags for our ice bucket, didn't empty the coffee filter, nor replace our used supply with clean coffee cups and lids.

While there aren't restaurants within walking distance (more of a business complex environment), there are some restaurants about 10 minutes away via car.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great lobby area, nice rooms (although they are on the smaller side) with expected upgrades like flatscreen, etc. I would stay here again, ONLY because the business I traveled to visit is in the same general vicinity.

There are no good restaurants nearby, there are minimal amenities nearby. Its in an awkward location highway-wise. So unless your destination is within a mile or two, there are better choices all around Tampa. -1 star for location

-1 star for WiFi. Honestly, in this day and age WiFi is an expected perk, especially for a busines traveler. Having to pay for internet access is an instant -1 star.

That being said, staff was absolutely great in any interaction that I had with them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Warren, MI
Reviewed December 13, 2012

You really get the best of both worlds when it comes to this Sheraton. The physical building is old with a ton of character. The recent total renovation makes every surface of the interior of the building shiny, new, and high class.

The lobby is huge and looked good and smelled good. I was checked in by a friendly desk agent who went the extra step of guiding me through the restaurant hours, gym location and general hotel information.

The hallways were updated with great lighting and new carpeting.

The room could easily pass for one found in a Westin. The carpeting was new, plush and in great shape. The bed featured one of the best mattresses that I've ever slept on complimented by great bedding.

The flat screen tv worked flawlessly as did the wireless internet. The bathroom was roomy and featured new wallpaper and fixtures. They did decide to keep the old tubs which really didn't match the high class look of the rest of the room but not a huge deal.

Overall a well run, nicely updated property that made for a comfortable night and considering the quality, made for a great value as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the sheraton in tampa for a guys weekend. We needed an extra room, they accommodated with no issues. Staff was pleasant, rooms clean, food above average and the location was perfect. I had no issues with this trip at all amd would stay here again. This place was nice and had a good value for the dollar.

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Upon receiving my room, cosidering I was the only person staying in my room they gave me a room with two VERY SMALL beds when all I needed was one, all though the room was indeed clean and the upgrades are very nice, there was a charge, FOR EVERYTHING ! The hotel room was expensive and I figured there would've been complementary breakfast, but not at all ... there wasnt even a minifridge in the room from my dinner that night and when I valled to ask if there was a room with a minifridge, I was then informed there was a $15 charge for the minifridge! Breakfast was al la carte and WAY to expensive ! After leaving I forgot some clothes in my hotel room so upon trying to call to contact them no one would answer my call nor would they help me! Highly do not recommend this hotel to ANYONE! Not worth the money!

• Stayed December 2012
Munsif S, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tampa East Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear AndreaMichelleXo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. One of the major purposes of reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future.

We do provide complementary refrigerators based on availability. I do apologize, if that was not communicated properly to you. As far breakfast charge, hotel price is very comparable with other full service hotels prices.

I do apologize that you did not receive a call back with regards to your cloths.

Please feel free to contact me at (813) 623-6363 ext. 7109 so I can investigate this further, as I would appreciate the chance to prevent similar events from occurring.

If you have any further questions or comments, please let me know.

Front Office Manager
Germany
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Got to stay for a night here due to a priceline deal. Therefor it was very good value for money. The room was very clean and seemed quite freshly renovated. Everything was fine, nothing to complain about. There was some traffic noise but this is probably normal looking at the location of the hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Munsif S, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tampa East Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Forspeed,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you found our rooms clean and fresh. In your future visit, our front desk agents will be more than happy to assign a quiet room for you.

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Front Office Manager
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was at this location in March as it was starting to be renovated. It was still in progress during this stay, the lobby and facilities were not complete, but the room, staff and location were very good.
The staff were friendly and accommodating though working under temporary facilities. I do hope they upgrade the TVs to flat panels.

Will definitely stay just to see the complete renovation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear mochips,

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments about the hotel staff. Yes, the hotel is completely renovated with upgraded TVs.

Front