The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa
  • Breakfast included
$149
$140
SailportSuites.com
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$85
$72
Hotels.com
2,029 results
All reviewsbay harborhulk hoganbeach barwhiskey joesbay view roomclearwater beachclose to the airportthe shuttle drivernice poolchristinemorganscausewaycruise
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This hotel is in a good location. Right between Tampa and Clearwater. Very clean and the front desk was really nice. I wish they had complimentary breakfast. Other than that, Check-In was good and room service was good. I will come back. The price is pretty good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lamytheman
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear lamytheman,

Thank you for your comments. They are appreciated. It's good to know you'll be back.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

When I checked in I asked to have a renovated room as I had checked the reviews. I don't think the rooms were professionally renovated. The hallway and room smelled like paint. When I went to take a shower I looked down at the was clothe and there was a piece of dirty toilet paper attached to it. Then the tub backed up and the water wouldn't do down. I called the front desk and they brought up new towels and wash cloths and I also made them change the bed again just in case. They also sent a plumber to fix the tub. Not sure what I was allergic to but by day three I broke out in hives. I checked the room for bugs but saw nothing. I also had them change my room.. Hogans beach bar delivers food but as I could see by the try of left over food that was left in the hallway they do not come to pick up the tray. House keeping does not touch it and just leaves it sitting there. If you are looking for quite this is not the place to go as they have parties at the beach bar that get very loud. A radio station was there the saturday and Sunday at the beginning of my stay. The pool is not heated either. The only good thing is the location. Not really sure if I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear kbells2,

I'm sorry about your experience with the bath tub. I'm glad we were able to take care of it for you. I will pass your comments about the trays in the hallway on to the restaurant manager. The restaurant, not Housekeeping, is responsible for their pick up. Sometimes, on the week ends and during special events, it can get a little noisy. We try to keep the music down after 10 to 11 P.M. Why don't you give us another try the next time you're down this way.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for four nights last week. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, front desk was OK (though we had them call for a taxi Saturday night and after an hour it never came, luckily after 45 mins we called our own - may be an issue with the taxi company they use though). Pool was good, though the pool towels are very small and cheap. Location was perfect for our use. The attached hogans beach bar was convenient with nice views, decent food and good drinks. We even ordered room service breakfast from them which was good enough. All in all I was pleased and would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gab m

Dear gab m,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complete review of our hotel to share with others. I'm glad that you were so pleased and we look forward to welcoming you back again, hopefully oon.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband and I went there three weeks ago. The line for check in was out the door. We stayed three nights. After second day we asked for breakfast card for door. They said ok come get it. I waited 10 mins to get card so we decided they didn't deserve our business for breakfast the last two days. Room was ok. Not that clean. Would never stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Glennett,

I'm sorry your experience with us was less than stellar. We were obviously very busy. It was like being on the freeway at rush hour. Patience is the only answer. I hope that you will try us again.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

standard room, decent rate. no beach and small pool. location is good if you are exploring the entire Tampa Bay Area. it is 2 minutes from the airport, 15 minutes from downtown Tampa, and 20 minutes from St Petersburg. I would not recommend this location if you are looking to be in the action. You have to drive aways to find anything. Hogan's restaurant is attached and has a great menu, but attracts a younger crowd. I would imagine this place is crazy on spring break.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ThriftyPrincess

Dear ThriftyPrincess,

Thank you for your extensive review of our property. Just FYI, our pool holds 53,000 gallons, which is about average for a property this size. As far as action, there are very few locations anywhere in Tampa where you can just walk out and be in the thick of things. To alleviate the situation, we have a free shuttle to take you to and from the Tampa airport, 2 area malls and several restaurants. Since we are, as you say, in the middle of everything, I hope you will return the next time you are in the area.