“Luxury hotel”
Review of Bay Harbor Hotel

Bay Harbor Hotel
Ranked #40 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We ended up at this hotel because all the other Best Western hotels/motels on the west coast of Florida were full as we traveled down on a busy Friday night at the end of the month (change day for vacation rentals the next day), This hotel expensive for our budget, but very nice. Monitored parking lot. Near the airport, very convenient for those traveling by air. Nice view from bayside rooms and from the lobby and restaurant. Hulk Hogan memorabilia. pool. Quiet, despite the apparent popularity with groups. Clean, well provisioned bathrooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lovetottravel1043
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Lovetotravel1043,

I'm just sorry we weren't your first choice, but I'm glad you found us and took the time to tell others about us. Next time, book us first! If you call the hotel directly, you will get the lowest available cancelable rate. We look forward to seeing you again.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,781)

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Nice place, clean and bright. Rooms were quiet and bed was quite comfortable. Pool was heated and enjoyed it very much. Views were also very good and each room had a balcony. On site restaurant was OK (Hogan's). Food and Service was fine but our waitress could have seemed a bit more interested and engaged. Would recommend it and would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ginger R,

Thank you for letting us know how much you liked it here. We'll work on the wait staff. The best compliment of all is that you would recommend us and you would come back. I hope that won't be too long.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

The hotel is clean, nice, freshly painted, confortable and conveniently located. Pick a room with bay vew and you'll be amazed from the balcony, watching dolphins swimming a few feet aeay and all kind of birds. The swimming pool is heated in winter, which really makes a difference, especially for children. They have great wifi. The only thing missing would be a little breakfast, but there is Paul Hogan restaurant on site.

Room Tip: Get a higher level with bay view.

Dear Delia O,

Thank you for the great review. I'm glad you had a "very nice stay." Please come back again and have another one. We'll look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We were in the Tampa area to enjoy many of the local attractions and this hotel was super convenient. It's 10 minutes from the airport, 20 minutes from the Lowry Park Zoo and Clearwater and 90 minutes from Orlando. We didn't go to the restaurant on site but there are plenty of places within a 10 minute drive or less. There is a flat, paved running path right at the entrance of the hotel - a dream for runners or walkers!

We had no problem with the staff at all, we found them to be friendly and helpful. The hotel appears to be under construction. We weren't bothered by any noise, but there were signs of half-finished projects around the hotel. The room was comfortable but nothing fancy. There is a fridge and coffee maker available. We loved that the hotel was right on the water - there were some places to enjoy a beautiful view.

1  Thank Melanie S

Dear Melanie S,

Thank you for taking time out to share your thoughts about our hotel and the nearby area with others. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. Please come back again real soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Rude staff member at check-in appeared to look down on me for arriving on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle even though I am a Platinum Rewards member and the hotel chain has a marketing partnership with the HD company. Horrible housekeeping even after leaving a gratuity. Promised complimentary breakfast was missing in action.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear CAHazday,

I'm sorry for your misunderstandings about our hotel. You requested to park your motorcycle in an area marked "No Parking." The signs are there for a reason. During the time the current management company has been at this hotel, the only parking lot mishaps that have occurred, happened in that very spot. You wanted to park between the opposite lanes of traffic, near the main entrance to the lobby. As the person at the desk tried to explain to you upon check in, this is a high congestion area with cars, vans, trucks, busses and pedestrians all coming together at the same place. For the safety of your motorcycle, it's not a safe place to leave it unattended. If something were to have happened and it was parked in a "No Parking" zone, you may have had a problem with the insurance company. I can't speak for what happened in previous years, but during the two years the present management company has been here, there has been no complimentary breakfast included in the Harley Davidson rate. "Horrible housekeeping" covers a lot of ground. In case like that, you should not hesitate to report the problem to the front desk, so it can be remedied right away. All this being said, I hope that you will return to us the next time you're in the area and take advantage of all we have to offer and save money with your Harley Davidson rate, which qualifies you for points on your BW membership.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 30, 2014

There were hundreds of ants in the bathroom. All we got from the staff was 'we'll look into it". The carpet by the door was wet into the hallway. They sprayed something on it. The rooms smelled damp. NO room safes.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I'm sorry that your stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. From your brief comments, I can't tell exactly what happened and what was done about it. In any case, I hope you will try us again the next time your plans bring you to our area. We do have safes for guests, located at the front desk. Just ask to use one. They are provided free of charge.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

we visited this hotel for a 3 night stay in November 2013 and we were appalled at the attitude of the staff and the best western company, on the 2nd day there I had a pair of trousers either stolen or taken from my room,when we went to the reception to report this we were told to call back later in the day all in all we visited the reception 5 times and had to explain each time my complaint(nobody thought to make a note of this) and still they couldn't help on the last day I spoke to the manager who filled in an incident report and told me he would be in contact with me ,I informed him that we were continuing on our journey and that we wouldn't be back home until the beginning of dec so he took my home number and said he would contact me.needless to say he didn't,so I decided to email them and again had to explain what had happened only to receive an email back telling me THAT IT WAS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HOTEL IF SOMETHING WAS STOLEN OR TAKEN FROM MY ROOM,i asked for the address of their head office and they told me to write to a Mr Kong who was the ceo of the company which I did only to get a reply from somebody else telling me the same I also asked them who was then responsible for things going missing from rooms and they just replied that it wasn't best westerns .therefore I certainly wont be visiting any best western ever again

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear berniecon,

I am sorry about your experience at our hotel. I do apologize that the staff did not act more promptly on your requests to look for your pants. Filling out the incident report and calling the police, is a guest requests, is all we can do. That is the normal procedure for most hotels in the U.S. I'm sorry that ruined your stay. I hope that here was something about the hotel and the Tampa Bay area that you liked and that one bad experience won't keep you from coming back.