The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa
$229
$218
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$85
$72
Hotwire.com
2,029 results
All reviewsbay harborhulk hoganbeach barwhiskey joesbay view roomclearwater beachclose to the airportthe shuttle drivernice poolchristinemorganscausewaycruise
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We were going to stay here one night after a cruise. We checked into this hotel and when we went to our room it was a huge disappointment. The room was very dirty. The hallways appeared to be unkepted too. We went down to the lobby and asked to get our money back. We were then offered a "remodeled room". The only difference was newer carpet and a painted room. We went back down to the lobby and checked out.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Traci14
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear Traci14,

I'm sorry you were disappointed in our hotel. Let me assure you, your first room may have been dated, but it was not dirty. Our Housekeeping Department gives the rooms a thorough cleaning after each guest departs and supervisors check their work. Much more was done to our new rooms that just painting and re-carpeting. Whenever you feel that you would like to give us another chance, please come back.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

nice location close to the airport with a shuttle. The front desk staff were very professional and it showed that they enjoyed their work even when it was very busy. The attached Hulk Hogan bar was a unique experience and worthy of a visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Sandy W

Dear Sandy W,

Thank you for your short 'n sweet review. The front desk staff got a real kick out of it. It's always nice to be appreciated. Your description of Hogan's Bar was one of the best I've ever heard. It hit the nail right on the head. I think I'm going to start using it myself. "A unique experience, worthy of a visit." When you come back, I'll cut you in on the royalties.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I know some rooms are being renovated but does that mean the carpets in corridors and public areas should be dirty, dusty and in need of a vacuum? I have no complaints about the staff, they were very helpful indeed at the front desk at all hours. I used the gym every morning and again it appeared a little bit dirty, just a once a day clean is not too much too ask. The room was o.k. but difficult to tell if it had been renovated or not, either it is due or, if done, then I'd expect something better. There's a spacious bar, Hogan's Beach, that is big, noisy and without charm. The food was alright and again the staff very enthusiastic and helpful. The breakfast there was very good though with a great choice range. Can't fault this place by value. Being so close to the airport is a big advantage, if I were in the area again I'd try the Westin, close by.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms have a view of the water, odd numbers look on to the front and car park.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Alan M

Dear Alan M,

Thank you for taking your time to write such a comprehensive review of our hotel. I know the staff appreciates being recognized in a positive way. I will be letting the Housekeeping Supervisor know of an area where we fell short. I really liked your comment that you thought we were a good value, but you'd like to try somewhere else the next time. That's what this site is all about. Guests can read the comments of others and make choices for themselves. I really feel that after shopping around, you will agree that for the money, we are the best value for a waterfront, airport hotel in the Tampa area. We're looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great hotel, beautiful vew of harbor from our balcony room. Despite ongoing renovations management made sure current guests were not inconvenienced. Staff friendly & helpful. Convenient location to downtown Tampa & Airport. Unfortunately weather was too cool to utilize the beautiful pool, but perhaps next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank DianeA37

Dear DianeA37,

Thank you for your review. Sorry about the weather. It's back up to 83 degrees and sunny today. We'll keep the pool nice for you until the next time. Please don't wait too long to come back.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

My husband and I stay here when flying out of Tampa. We haven't been here in a while and was surprised at the renovations done. Our room was spacious and the beds very comfortable. The hotel is on the water with amazing views. Nice pool and airport shuttle . Leave your car for a nominal fee. Check out Hogans beach bar!

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the water. Sunsets and sunrises are a nice added touch.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovetotravel0075

Dear Lovetotravel0075,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad you liked our renovations. Since you "lovetotravel," please don't stay away so long. We'll be looking forward to seeing you again.