“Hotel was great!!!!!”

Ranked #71 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Orlando, United States
“Hotel was great!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had an awesome time. We enjoyed the fitness room, the pool, the restaurant, the pier, Hulk Hogan's Beach and also Whiskey Joe's(which is across the Bay) and easy to get to as well by walking or driving. the food at both places was fresh and delicious!! Check in and check out was fast and easy!!!! Every where we went, we were treated with courtesy, professionalism and given the utmost attention and personal service. LOVED IT!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Doris M
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Doris M,

Thank you for such a great review and for taking the time to write it. I have shared it with all the departments and it's always nice to know when your efforts are appreciated. Thank you again and we're looking forward to your next visit real soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Turkish first
Yarmouth, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Reasonably priced, clean and great location. You can go into downtown Tampa, or over to Clearwater within minutes...or travel south to Fort Myers. Has an attached retaurant that is owned by Hulk Hogan which has food food. Would reccommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Get a Bay Side room and pay the extra...it's worth the money.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Joanne212121
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Joanne212121,

Thank you for the thorough and informative review. I'm glad you had such a pleasant stay. I hope we get to see you again in the near future.

Minnesota, US
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had stayed at this hotel once before and liked it because of the water views and the proximity to the airport. However our last stay was during the week. Our recent stay was on a Saturday night and it was not pleasant! The hotel was still fine (though a little dated), but there is a restaurant/bar across the water that had a band playing. The music was so loud, that even with our sliding glass door closed and earplugs in, we were unable to sleep due to the noise. The pounding bass kept us up until almost 2am, when they finally stopped playing. Considering we had to get up at 5:30am to catch a flight, this was definitely not a good situation. If you stay here on the weekend, don't get a room overlooking the water!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EricaMinnesota_US
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear EricaMinnesota_US,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. Since you enjoyed the hotel the way it is, though a little dated, wait until you see it after our multimillion dollar renovation. I'm sorry that the noise from across the water kept you awake. If that happens the next time, call the front desk. They will notify the Tampa Police Department, which enforces the noise ordinance. We're looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Hendersonville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Nice hotel, on the bay. Friendly Clean Undergoing renovations. Nice balcony and view of the bay. Great value for the money. Food is great. Convenient to Tampa and close to airport. Parking is easy. Like the big deck that overlooks bay. Public beach a block away. Beds are comfortable. Don't really hear the neighbors in rooms beside you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Tammy B
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Tammy B,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an upbeat and complete review. I will share it with the rest of the staff. Everyone likes knowing that their work is appreciated. Thank you again and I hope we see you again real soon.

Lake Worth, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hotel right on Tampa Bay, amazing views.... Needs revamping, but could be fantastic for a family. Internet wax sketchy as I was there for business, mildly inconvenient. Close to airport and stadium, and again, million dollar view.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Jason C
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Jason C,

Thank you for your review and thank you for posting the picture. So many guests take that same shot to send to their family and friends. I am pleased to announce to you that the renovation of all our guest rooms has started. By the time of your next visit, we should have one available for you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Davie, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great view. I had seen this listed through AAA and when we got to Tampa we wanted something close to Busch Gardens/Adventure Island/Lowry Park Zoo but close to Maderia Beach. Wanted something with a view and not COSTLY!!! This was the place!!!! Hogans Restaurant was good, were lucky to get a room as they had MermaPalooza and another gathering that weekend!! Internet was up and down.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank xrayme
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Xrayme,

Thank you for the nice review about our nice view. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Sorry about the Internet. The afternoon storms in the area have an effect on the reception and that's one thing we have no control over. I hope that won't stop you from returning the next time you are in the area. We're looking forward to seeing you again.

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

After reading all reviews I was afraid of visiting this hotel. Because of the great location I decided to give it a try. From the beginning I was highly surprised. My flight was delayed so I end up calling for a free shuttle few minutes after 10 pm (10 pm is their cut off time). Friendly driver still come to pick me up. Front desk stuff was professional and nice. They allowed me to upgrade for a little fee to a bay side. My room was clean and comfortable. I did not have enough washcloths in my bathroom so I called just before 11pm to a Front Desk to ask if they can deliver more in the morning but they said they can bring it right away. Housekeeper brought it to my room in less then 5 min with a smile on her face. In the morning I ordered breakfast to my room. Great value for a price. That encourage me to have a lunch in Hogan's later that day. I got an outside table. My steak was delicious, server and an atmosphere were great. When I went to the pool I saw bird poop inside in the pool. Few minutes after I reported that, they come to clean it. I love how this hotel stuff work together. Next time when I am in Tampa I will stay in the same hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Alicia J
Dear Alicia J.,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review, complimenting our staff. I will be sure to share it with all of them to let them know how much you appreciated their efforts. If you ever come back this way, please stop in again.