“Nice hotel”
Review of Bay Harbor Hotel

Bay Harbor Hotel
Ranked #40 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Only stayed for 2 nights, but the room was clean, beds were comfy the staff members were friendly and helpful. Very nice stay. The pool area was nice and attached provided lovely food. Half an hour drive from busch gardens and right on the beach, good location.

Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Laura H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,781)

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Granted we were there for the RNC, hence, the price gouging....rooms were $100 more per night than the weeks prior or after, but the hotel was really rather nice. The rooms were large and maintained well. The beds were comfortable. The cleaning staff kept everything in sparkling order. The coffee maker in our room did not work properly and was exchanged within 15 minutes. The restaurant, Crabby Bill's, was very good. Mostly seafood which was fresh with a large selection. Late at night, we all met there for coronaritas and onion rings (to die for). The only problem was one of the elevators was out of order, leaving just one for 6 floors and a lot of people. We wil return again.

Room Tip: Ask for bay view on an upper floor-beautiful vista.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jcburdick3
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was cleaner than some of the more expensive brand name hotels I have stayed in. The bed was comfortable and I was afraid it would be harder than it was. It has a great view of Tampa Bay, a nice pool area, and a good seafood restaurant (Crabby Bill's) attached to the property. I was unexpectedly surprised. The service was good. High end style for a low price!

Room Tip: There are balcony's off the rooms so if you get a bay side room it will be a decent water view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank msmandy429
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We love this place. Great location, all rooms have balconies, large room, pool, jet skis, restaurant and all around enjoyable. We would definately stay there again. Also a great place for large or small groups with or without children. All around a super place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Woody34433
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My girlfriend and I checked in, and as soon as we walked into our room, we were overcome by the smell of cigarette smoke in the room. When I went to the front desk to ask if we could change rooms, the woman told me that all of the rooms are non-smoking, and it was probably just from the workers outside that were doing the renovations to the hotel. After convincing her that is was in fact from someone smoking in the room, we were moved to a new room where the toilet did not flush. After about 20 minutes, the maintenance man fixed the toilet. Those 20 minutes gave us plenty of time to realize the room was not cleaned very well, and that this hotel is not worth the money they are charging. Did I mention that the broken toilet and dirty room was one of their suites? It seems like this place is the Mediocre Western.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank travelbud13
HotelMgmt7700, Front Office Manager at Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

We do allow smoking on the balconies. Therefore at times the smoke can travel into the room.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I booked the hotel for three nights. It is a very nice hotel with great amenities (pool, jet skies, small beach area). The problem started when I called for the free shuttle. I was told that it was not available. The shuttle service has a contract to pick up the crew from an airline (this was taking place when I arrived at the airport). I asked when they would be available and the clerk said that he did not know and suggested a cab. I took a cab for $15 (the shuttle was at the entrance when I arrived in the cab). On the last night after 11pm, I returned to my room to find standing water in the sink. I called the front desk and the clerk said that no one was on duty to take care of the problem. A relative that was in another room complained that there was no bar on the tub to hold. They had a frig in the room (on the floor in the bathroom -God forbid the toilet overflows). The flush on the toilet was slow, it had to be flushed multiple times to clear.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jack T
HotelMgmt7700, Front Office Manager at Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

We understand the frustrations with shuttle issues. We do offer a complementary shuttle to and from the airport. Unfortunately due to the high demand of this shuttle times are subject to availability. We do suggest a cab for those guests who do not want to wait for the shuttle.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

A group of us stayed in this hotel for one night for a wedding nearby. They wouldn't let us check in before 3pm, but gave us access to the pool until we could check in. We went over to eat at Crabby Bills for lunch, which is a nice place but expensive, especially if you plan on drinking. The pool was small, and we happened to be there at the same time as a family reunion so it was also very crowded. We asked for adjoining rooms, but got two rooms on the same floor (opposite ends of the hotel). The room overall was fine, since we were only there one night we didnt mind the city view. The only two things I will say are the sliding glass door does not shut all the way and the outlet nearest the TV worked, but would not hold the plugs in. The bed was comfortable, I cant say it was the cleanest room...I saw some hair in the bathroom and some dirt on the floor, but for our night it was perfectly fine. Overall I would say its a typical hotel, and good for the price, however I dont know that I would stay here for a long vacation- one night was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends