“First Class Hotel and makes you feel that way”

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
Ranked #3 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“First Class Hotel and makes you feel that way”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Hotel shuttle service from TPA is a little off in that you have to be on the half hour but it was minor waiting around 15 minutes. Once you travel the 6 minute to the hotel you are truly transported to a tranquil oasis nestled between the bay and the airport. The drive in is lined with palm trees and sets the tone. The hotel staff is "excited" to see you and has that eloquence and style a hotel of this quality should have. It meets and exceeds your expectations. As you walk in the marble and overall design are very inviting and you feel the eloquence. Check in was great with 4 folks waiting to help you in and one gentleman graciously offering you a cold water, great touch. We were there for a meeting and the second floor meeting rooms are nice and although noting special met our needs and were very comfortable. The guest rooms are clean, well appointed and very clean and "feel" clean. Lots of marble and "class" and request a bay view room, it makes it even better. Higher floors are better and the view is beautiful. We ate at Oystercatchers on property and it was good, not great. Service and ambiance was top shelf but I would rate the food only good, very pricey but great atmosphere. Breakfast buffet in the a.m. was wonderful and best buffet eggs I have had. Choices were great and staff and service spot on. Great meeting, great stay and will be back. You cannot go wrong with this property and I heartily recommend it..

Room Tip: higher floors and bay view rooms are the best ones.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to provided your feedback regarding your stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and our beautiful accommodations. I'm so happy you enjoyed our wonderful staff. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our executive management team. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Becky S- Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Excellent Hotel and very convenient to access the airport (5-min drive) with great service, comfortable rooms and a very nice (and large) gym with numerous cardio and weight equipment – staff goes out of their way to meet all your needs.

There are a couple restaurants at the hotel (Italian & Seafood) that are quite good and average priced for hotel facilities – bar area also has wide selection of food. Had breakfast – ordered off of menu and had the Cuban Breakfast sandwich & “local berries” bowl which was quite large and very fresh. There are no other restaurants within walking distance so recommend a car – within 10-min there are numerous places to eat at all price ranges and quality. There is free parking at the hotel in a garage attached and even bikes (beach cruisers) for rent and ride along the bay.

Will look to stay here again as Hyatt works hard to impress – recommend a drink at the bar and talk with the bartenders who will remember your name and work to make your stay a complete success.

Tip: Ask for a room facing the bay for the sunsets and also a King Size bed which seem to have updated bathrooms. The rooms with Double Beds are very small beds and older bathrooms (shower w/tub).

2 Thank FoxTravelers
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I'm so happy that you had a great stay and enjoyed our wonderful staff. I'm glad that you enjoyed our convenient location. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team.

Stratham, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Rooms are nice, so is lobby, bar, breakfast area, and pool. The nature trail was a little disappointing, the shrubbery has grown so high you can't really see anything. The bar area is nice, but pricey for people not on an expense account. The outdoor pool, hot tub and bar were a real treat.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Magnum545
Ossett, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Excellent overnight stay at this hotel, amazing views over the bay and rooms are very spacious and well equipped. Lovely pool area with additional free nature walk, location if walking could be problematic but we were driving and therefore this wasn't an issue, breakfast plans interrupted due to a large corporate affair that had taken over the entire restaurant, this was a little annoying as we had a long day ahead and had to resort to searching for a local Starbucks, valet parking wasvvery efficient. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Tracey10_10
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and our great amenities. I'm disappointed to hear about your experience when trying to get breakfast. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team.

Marin County, California
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed here on quick 2-night trip for business. Wanted convenient location to the airport and easy driving to Saint Petersburg but hoped for something better than typical airport hotel. Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay delivered. I arrived early after a red eye from the west coast and front desk staff was very accommodating and got me into a room early. I did not get a bay view room, but I may have if I chose to wait until after the actual check in time.

Room was very comfortable and nicely decorated. I was on the side where you could see airplanes, but they were not too close and the windows were well insulated I saw several airplanes that I could not hear. In the morning, I did hear one airplane, so if you are super-sensitive to noise, you might hear it. But as Airport hotels go, this is the quietest one I have ever stayed at. It's not actually on the airport, about a 5 min ride away and across the freeway, but extremely convenient.

I had one free evening so took a ride out to Clearwater Beach which is very easy to get to from this hotel...you just hop on the highway right next door and head west for about 30 min...couldn't be easier and I caught the beautiful sunset on a beautiful spring evening.

One pleasant surprise for me was the casual dining in the hotel bar right in the center of the lobby. I was travelling alone and just wanted a simple meal and glass of decent wine in a casual location. The lobby bar is open, bright, and pleasant. Staff was amazingly friendly and I had simple but delicious meals...twice. First a great Mediterranean salad, and then a great Portobello mushroom sandwich. I saw negative reviews about other dining places on the property, but the lobby bar is a great casual option if you want to dine in with a simple meal.

Room Tip: Try to get Bay View
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you so much for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I'm so delighted that you enjoy our great location to the many destinations in our area. I'm so happy that the hotel was able to accommodate you with early check in. I certainly understand how tiref you were from your overnight travels. The hotel does have some great food options and I'm glad that you enjoyed them. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team.

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel was great, but reminded me of all the hotels we have stayed at for business meetings. Not that that is a bad thing...but a Florida vacation for us is all about the Beach! The bay the Hyatt sits on is beautiful and has tropical birds with great pier for close up views. There are bikes to rent directly from the hotel. The beds were not great but comfortable enough. If you want a room with tub you must request when booking.Easy access on and off the freeway and really close to the airport. Down side of this hotel for me was that there are no windows that open for fresh air. Plus is that parking is free. We had dinner at the restaurant "Oystercatchers" and really enjoyed our dinner.

Room Tip: Middle floors have better views. Top floors are very high and so far from the bay as you look down.
Green Features: Hotel rooms have trash can for trash and one for recyclables.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa. It is always a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your dinner at the "Oystercatchers" restaurant, the comfortable bed and the great location for its easy access on and off the freeway and really close to the airport. Your appreciation was forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate
Keyport, New Jersey
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here for only a few days in February 2014. The weather was horrible, rainy and cold every day but the last (isn't that the way it happens sometimes). First off, the hotel staff was super friendly and very helpful. We booked the hotel through Priceline or Hotwire and requested a King Room. When we arrived they had us as two doubles. Since there were no Kings available in the main hotel they upgraded us to a Casita. The first night in the Casita we had what sounded like an MTV House Party next door, I called the front desk and someone came right away to quiet the room down. I'm not really a party pooper but it was 2:30AM! The next morning we went back to the front desk and asked to change rooms since we didn't want a repeat of the last night. Luckily, the conference that was in the hotel the day before had ended and rooms were now available.. and so we moved on up. Because of the staffs accommodating nature and upbeat attitudes I'd give it 5-stars right away.

We had the buffet breakfast each morning. Wonderful food.. and the fresh fruit juices were fantastic!

On our last day when the sun was out we were able to walk around the property.. to see what we missed. Really great pool area near the Casitas, awesome pier.. got to see dolphins swimming near it, there were some guys fishing (they just picked up gear from Walmart), Wish we had a few more days of nice weather that we could enjoy the outdoors more. We go to Tampa often and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DazyMayI_77
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa. It is always a pleasure to hear that you would stay again at the property when you are in Tampa again for its staff accommodating nature and upbeat attitudes and the wonderful and fresh food offered at the buffet breakfast. Your appreciation was forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate