Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
3,105 results
All reviewsnature walkthe main hoteloystercatchers restaurantnature preserveoystersclose to the airportbeautiful propertylobby barself parkingroom servicecorner roombusiness meetingvery nice hotelbusiness hotelclearwater beachinternational plazafree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time staying at this property and it did not disappoint. It was one of the nicest, if not the nicest, hotel I have ever stayed at. I would recommend this property to anyone traveling to the Tampa area! Very close to the airport with a free shuttle service. The food was very good as well. The room was perfect. Very friendly staff who geniunely care about their guests and their experience. I just want to point out a few associates, in particular, who were exceptional: Jared, Adina and Wayne. Wayne was very nice and did a great job! Thanks for the hospitality, Grand Hyatt.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Brett O,

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the amenities and all the great individuals at the hotel. We hope that you will come back and see us again real soon!

Thanks,

Danny N
Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed here for only one night, post cruise, before flying home.

We were greeted warmly as we checked in, a very nice gentleman helped us to our room with all of our bags - very friendly. As he brought our bags in he noticed that we only had two sets of towels and called immediately to have more delivered to us. Nice attention to detail there as we probably wouldn't have noticed until someone needed the towel.

The property is gorgeous - the views can not be beat! There are two pools, a nature walk, bay views, a sandy beach for lounging. The nature walk was a boardwalk where you could see many types of birds, flora and fauna, and fiddler crabs. It was a very relaxing place to be.

The room was clean, quite large, well appointed. The beds were comfortable.

The hotel had a lounge and a few restaurants but we did not use that - just know that they are there if needed. The hotel is very close to the airport - so it is very convenient.

We had a fantastic stay and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: you could ask for a bay view, but if you have little ones they may have more fun with an airport view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Greetings Jenn K,

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. We are so thrilled the whole stay from check in to check out was a great time for you and your family. We will be sure to forward your great comments about the staff and your room accommodations to our hotel management so they can congratulate their staff. We would also like to thank you for suggesting our hotel to friends and family and any future guests. Your recommendations are our biggest compliment. Cannot wait to welcome you back on your next visit to Tampa Bay.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My two young adult sons and I stayed one night at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It was just average. Rooms are ok and have good workstation desks, beds and tv. There are no robes/slippers or minibars, only empty refrigerators that don't work very well. Only one of three restaurants was open, and the hotel appeared to be undergoing maintenance. The food in the main restaurant (Kitchen 18??) was definitely subpar. The menu selections were meant to be organic/holistic but mostly were just strange, and dinner was definitely cooked/reheated in a microwave. Breakfast had very strange selections that I could not identify (onion, olive & pasta-type muesli??) and was unappetizing. All employees and staff were nice and trying hard, but service was off kilter and spotty. Housekeeping was loud and aggressive about getting into our rooms to clean. Nothing was outright bad, it just doesn't live up to the standards of most Grand Hyatts I have stayed at.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I recently stayed at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay on business travel for 3 nights. The service was friendly & professional. Although my room was close to the elevators I did not hear any noise or disruptions. The rooms are appointed nicely and bathroom will make you feel like you've suddenly found yourself in a spa. It appears to be a recent remodel and is very well done. My favorite part of the hotel was the evening snacks/drinks as well as the breakfast on the concierge floor. I'm not sure if this comes standard but if you have it as an upgrade option, it is well worth it. My only gripe is really no fault of the hotel's but the location is a challenge to navigate to and from. I wasn't familiar with the area and made many wrong turns & u-turns trying to get where I needed to go. It's nestled near a web of roads/interstates with pathetic signage. If you're not familiar with the area be sure to have a GPS or someone with you that can navigate.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Hello BND0131,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay! We are so thrilled your enjoyed your stay overall and may recommend this location to friends and family. I am also so happy your were able to take advantage of the Grand Club floor and enjoy the great amenities it offers! We can't wait to welcome you back on your next stay in Tampa Bay.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We enjoyed our night at the Grand Hyatt. The hotel was so nice and the grounds were beautiful. The weather was bad during the day we didn't get to check it all out. We hope to stay again so we can fully take advantage of the property.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear PickyLodger,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us! Please come back and see us again, hopefully the weather will be better!

Thanks,