“Blissful”

Ranked #2 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Blissful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had a last minute change of plans and booked this hotel for two nights and it was great!!!!
the rooms are clean and quiet, I was traveling with other people and we had rooms on the airport side and the bay side and didn't hear a thing!!! we didnt have a car and were feeling to lazy to walk far in the heat so we ate lunch and dinner in the bar downstairs and everything we ate was amazing!!!

Margareta Pizza, Cuban sandwich, Tomato Avo salad, Filet, grilled chicken... (we ordered the pizza TWICE)

I will return!

the staff went above and beyond... it was a perfect stay..

Room Tip: the bay side has a nicer view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your recent stay. I’m pleased to hear that we were able to make your last minute getaway relaxing and comfortable. It’s fantastic to hear that the staff went above and beyond to help make this a perfect stay. I’m glad that you were able to take advantage of Petey Brown’s and that you enjoyed the food so much. The Cuban sandwich is one of my favorite dishes, as well. We will look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for your next trip to Tampa.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while he was at a training seminar for work; our 8 month old and I tagged along. The hotel staff accommodated our baby quickly with a crib and a pack of baby toiletries. This was a very warm welcome!

The grounds overlook the bay and while my husband was training, I walked the baby along the nature trail over to the casitas; another part of hotel that offers little adjoined cabanas among well-manicured gardens; just lovely.

The pool over by the casitas is gorgeous and is surrounded with tables and hammocks. The seafood restaurant right off this pool is also really good and I enjoyed fresh oysters and white wine out on their deck.

Really enjoyed my stay and would return again.

Room Tip: The resort side would have been a much nicer view. If you don't mind paying for an upgrade, the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

the thing i luv about this hotel is the view from the rooms of tampa bay.especially at night.its so beautiful.u get best of both worlds: the water and nature and the city life.also, the best in tampa is up at armanis!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello Vincent D,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I am delighted to hear how your stay as our guest exceeded you expectations. Armani's offers our guests delicious food while providing fantastic views of the bay. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back as our guest, on your next visit to Tampa.

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Overall this hotel was what you would expect from a business chain hotel, however I would note the following:

Pros:
1) The Fitness Center -- working out is very important to me when I travel, thus an adequate gym is a must. I generally have low expectations of most hotel gyms, so I was blown away when I walked into this one. This gym is terrific! Spacious and clean, with a large selection of Life Fitness machines in new condition.

2) Service - the front desk staff, doormen, housekeepers and bartenders/servers were extremely friendly and helpful. Very impressed with the service. Thank you Hyatt staff.

Cons:
1) Wifi - it is the year 2013, and there is really no excuse for not offering your guests free Wifi. We stayed in a corner suite, but it still was not included. This in my opinion is a major flaw.

Overall, we were quite content with our stay, and would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank ZTS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

There is loads to do here at the Grand Hyatt in Tampa Bay. I stayed here for two nights with my family of six, all of whom have very different needs, but all of whom were kept very much occupied for our stay!!

The stay got off to a great start when we found out that there is a FREE bus provided by the hotel from Tampa International. This is great, and saves you having to book a taxi. The bus driver hands out iced cold drinks, which is nice after a long flight, and helps you to get in the holiday mood!

The ground of the hotel are great to walk around in.. This includes doing the nature walks along the board walk through the trees and but also the walks to the quieter, secluded areas of the hotel grounds, where hammocks and swimming pools can be found.

If you manage to get a room higher up the hotel, the views out across the bay are fantastic.

The staff in the hotel are absolutely great.. They couldn't be more chatty or do more for you.. Really help to make your stay feel special. If you have any special or unusual requests, they will sort these for you.
There is a SHOP in the ground floor of the hotel which couldn't be more useful.. You can get all of your essentials here that you may have forgotten.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We arrived tired, late in the afternoon, checked in, and then were driven to our Casita. The Casita area was quiet and serene with gardens and fountains...the bay was so beautiful that we effortlessly walked all around the gardens and the boardwalk. Great views! The hotel sits in right in the bay and the views by night and day were spectacular! Service was great in Oystercatchers and the food was OK. Service overall is excellent! Regarding location, the hotel is at a distance of Tampa per se, so you'll need a car or call a taxi to move around. You may walk throughout the hotel grounds, but not outside the hotel. If I ever travel to Tampa again, I'll stay at this Hyatt.

• Stayed May 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Kikolizzie,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the casita style rooms. Our employees will be recognized for the wonderful service you experienced. We will share your feedback with our Executive Chef of Oystercatcher's about the delicious meals you enjoyed. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Tampa.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Carneys Point, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

The location of the hotel was good in reference to the airport, but NOTHING else. Didn't seem as close to Ray James stadium as advertised but that may be typical traffic. Seemed to be a long ride wherever we wanted to go and never under $25 taxi ride. We were not even off the hotel property and were up to $8.50. Stayed in the resort part and the room was very clean, and nicely decorated, comfortable bed but again off the beaten path. There was a musty odor off the water the whole stay also. The food at Oystercatchers was good, but breakfast at Armani's was just o.k. The ATM in the lobby was not working correctly and when I asked the front desk girl where we could go to get more cash, she wasn't very helpful. More or less said she couldn't help me and didn't seem interested to find out either. Outside of the one issue, the staff were helpful. Seems much more like a business hotel than anything. Seemed to be active with conferences, etc. I would recommend for that, but no vacation stays.

Room Tip: Would not recommend staying in the Casita's or the so called resort part of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple