“Very engaging staff” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lake Villa, Illinois
“Very engaging staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Good location close to the airport. Staff was overly nice from the front desk to the wait staff to the bell man. Costruction going on however. Only not so good thing was no shampoo in the shower or bathroom and of course I did not notice until I was in the shower

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Islamorada, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Tampa for two nights and I must say that we
couldn't be more pleased with the staff, grounds, and accommodations. The room is lovely and spacious with nice amenities and very comfortable beds. Day or night, the the views of the Bay are spectacular. Both mornings we dined upstairs at the breakfast buffet where the staff was incredibly congenial and the offerings delicious. Before we arrived we were a little concerned about being so close to the airport, however, the building is so well insulated that you really don't even know it is there. This hotel is a perfect place for business, or pleasure, and plan to stay again whenever we return to the Tampa area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
South Padre Island, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Tampa a few times now and have been very satisfied. The hotel is very well staffed, both in terms of number of employees and quality. Rooms are nice and comfortable. I have stayed both in the main building and the resort area. Rooms in the resort area have a bit of a bungalow feel - not necessarily bad but not as nice as rooms in the main building. Please be aware that the main building is undergoing renovations on the first floor. Nothing that will effect your stay - so don't read too much into that fact.

• Stayed October 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The staff here is the best I have ever seen at a hotel. I travel a lot and never had service like this before. From the front desk with Katie to the restaurants with Devon who brought us a couple deserts and had great conversation with. He truly is an asset to that hotel. Everyone there is great!!!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear KindleCap57,

Thank you for going out of your way in providing feedback about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. Katie and Devon will be recognized for providing such excellent service during your visit. These are great comments, and are very much appreciated. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Tampa.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I was at the hotel for a conference for four nights. Just walking in my room made me feel wonderful. The room had a wall to wall window overlooking the wildlife sanctuary, the pool and Tampa Bay. During the day the view was bright a sunny and at night the lights from city buildings.
The room was spacious with a great bed and work area. The bathroom was spacious with a great shower.
The restaurant on the 14th floor was a bit expensive but the dinner was delicious and the breakfast buffet served on the outdoor patio was good but the view was awesome.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear guardianship,

Thank you for providing detailed feedback about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your four night visit with us. I am glad you enjoyed the room with the wonderful view. These rooms in our tower provide guests with some of the best views of the local area. I hope to welcome you back on your next travels to Tampa.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

But that didn't stop me from loving it! The hotel was very clean and you would never know construction was happening except for the large walls with signs saying "Construction-Keep Out". I mean the noise was low, dust was non-existent and I don't know what they are re-doing but the place seemed fine to me! The front desk staff was so nice and helpful and the cleaning ladies did an excellent job on my room. I swear one day I'm going to write down everyone's name so I can include them in a review!I seriously mean the gentleman that helped me at the front desk had a great personality-funny and pleasant. My room was very nice and the bed was so comfortable I almost didn't get up for my meetings!. My husband and I forgot our travel slippers so I called the front desk to get two pair sent up. They were delivered within 20 minutes-of course my pair had two left feet but that's ok, I really can't dance! Overall we had a lovely time and according to my husband the smoked salmon on the club lounge floor was out of this world. I'll have to take his word for it, I couldn't get up early enough to enjoy it with him AND make my meetings.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Half business, half leisure stay. The front desk check-in agent was amazing. Very polite and friendly... even asking my wife and I about our previous Hyatt stay at the Bali Hyatt. I thought that was a nice touch. Received free internet as a Platinum and a nice room on the 5th floor, away from the elevator.

The rooms are great. Large king bed, sitting chair, and a large enough desk area for work. The bathroom was clean and well lit. The only downside to it was the water pressure in the shower was below average.

The closer pool area is nice and quiet. Beware that many parts of it can be in the shade throughout the day.

Overall, it was a wonderful stay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if I return to Tampa. The proximity to the airport is convenient and the staff is great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Bay. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets!