“Nice hotel with friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
Ranked #2 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice hotel with friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay here one night to visit Busch Gardens before heading to the beach. We checked in around midnight. The gentleman, I believe he name was Jason, was very friendly and helpful. The valet was great as well. It was nice to be greeted with such friendly staff after a long road trip.
The room was clean. The beds were very comfortable. The only small complaint I had was that the shower did not drain, which is obnoxious but not a big deal IMO. I let the front desk know so they could repair it for the next guest. They thanked me for informing them, & were very apologetic.
I was definitely pleased with the hotel & staff. We will certainly return.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Utica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My partner and I are both very loyal to the Hyatt name. Ever since the Hyatt Regency Bonaventure in Ft. Lauderdale discontinued their alliance with the Hyatt brand, we have been in search for our new "go-to" resort in Florida. On August 20, we checked in to the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay and fell in love with the entire property. Everyone that we met went out of their way to make our trip (my birthday and our anniversary) a very special occasion. All of the employees, from the concierge to the front desk staff to the valet attendants to the wait staff in the bar, all went out of their way to make us feel as comfortable as possible. The views on the 14th floor for breakfast every morning was fantastic. The poolside was wonderful. Very kept up and always had attention. I am very happy to say that we have found our new vacation spot. This was our first time in Tampa, but for certain will not be our last. We have already made plans to come down this April for Spring Break! A great big thank you to all who have made our trip so special and wonderful!

Room Tip: Any room facing the bay is breathtaking!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear capra696,

Thank you for going out of your way to provide comments about your recent getaway at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your peaceful stay as our guests. Hyatt takes great pride hearing feedback about our employees going above & beyond to make your stay memorable. They will be recognized for your comments. Your referral is greatly appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back as our guests.

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Decided to stay here for two nights after three weeks in Florida, before our flight home from Tampa to the UK. Oh my gosh, when I opened the curtains of our room, the view of old Tampa Bay was breathtaking. I should have stayed here for the whole of our holiday! Our room was wheelchair accessible with a really nice roll in shower. The lobby was being renovated whilst we were there, but the staff made my stay as accessible as possible and when we visit again next year it will be fully accessible with wheelchair accessible shuttle to the mall too.

What I loved most about the hotel were the grounds. There was a lovely long fishing pier where you could see all types of birds and fish and to my sheer delight a manatee swam just beside me. Heaven! There was a nature boardwalk leading to a viewing tower. All the pools had wheelchair hoists and the pool by the fishing dock had a beach area and table tennis tables with lots of sunbeds to relax on. We had two meals at the Oyster Catchers restaurant which were delicious.

There is a rooftop Italian Restaurant - Armani's with stunning views over the bay - this is where we had breakfast during the renovations.

There is free parking at the hotel and it's only a very short distance to Tampa airport, so you can stay until the last minute. We made friends with Bill, the hotel's Chief Engineer and we look forward to seeing him again next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view room and I promise you will be as overwhelmed as I was.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Annie1955,

Thank you for sharing such detailed feedback about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed the view of the bay from your room. I am glad our employees could help start your vacation in a great way. Our employees take great pride with ensuring our guest's needs are met. I hope you will consider returning to our hotel on your next visit to the states!

dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Accept the fact that the hotel was undergoing some refurbishment. Yet it was still a bit of a an average experience for what should be a top hotel. The pool area while okay was just that...okay. it was not a blow out. The same could be said for the Bar which doubles as the breakfast area on the 14th floor. Okay but no cigar. The lobby bar similarly was below what you would expect. Finally the rooms again were hit and miss. Large! as you get in the US, but a noisy aircon and all a bit "average"...hence the average i rated the hotel and it should be better for the prcie.

Room Tip: get a sea view otherwise its freeway
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank gringottsgoblin
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was there on business, but the hotel grounds were very well-appointed for leisure travelers as well. The staff was fantastic and the room was beautiful and fairly priced. We dined on site and found the food and service to be excellent. Normally I am not a big fan of Tampa, but this hotel may well change my mind on that score.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hello Joe S,

Thank you for going out of your way to provide comments about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our lush gardens surrounding the area. Our employees will be recognized for the wonderful service you experienced. I will share your comments about your dining experience with our Director of Food & Beverage. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Tampa.

ST PETERSBURG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I travel a lot and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Loved the rooms. The service was good. On this trip we had a lot of rooms booked. Staff did their best to accommodate us. Not always 100% successful, but they did try their best. We asked for a lot with changes that were out of Our hands. All and all I'd definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hi kiosue!

Thank you for going out of your way to provide comments and feedback about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I am delighted to learn how our hotel was able to exceed your expectations. Our employees will be recognized for their excellent service. I hope to have the opportunity to bring you back for a little more rest & relaxation.

Hallandale Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Hotel is more than you would expect, for an airport area. The views are superb, the room was very clean and well appointed. Selina at the Reception was gracious and professional. Checkin/Checkout was seamless. I am in the industry and I know a good product and service when I experience one. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: High Floor, Corner.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Hi Mihai B,

Thank you for providing details about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our location so close to the airport. The views provided from our rooms provide our guests with some of the best water views in the area. Your comments about our professional employees are greatly appreciated. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.