Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
$149
$119
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $173/night.

$135
$123
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

$159
$119
$149
$129
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

3,184 results
All reviewsnature preservenature walkthe main hoteloystercatchers restaurantoystersclose to the airportbeautiful propertylobby barself parkingroom servicecorner roombusiness meetingvery nice hotelbusiness hotelclearwater beachinternational plazafree shuttle
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a great hotel, very near the Tampa International Airport, with sweeping views of the waters west of Tampa. It was expensively renovated last year, and the decor and rooms reveal how well it was redone. Our room was beautifully decorated, with all of the amenities one expects in a first-class hotel, and finished in a restrained, contemporary style. It had an outstanding view of one of Tampa's wonderfully colorful bays. Our front desk person was very helpful and courteous. The hotel has several restaurants, including a lobby bar where we had a satisfying dinner. Parking is either by valet or free in a large garage. We especially loved the hotel grounds: we took advantage of the fine boardwalk that the hotel constructed through the adjoining mangroves. It ends up in a gazebo overlooking the bay, where one can spot a variety of wading and water birds, such as Roseate Spoonbills and American Oystercatchers. Overall, this is a fine choice for travelers using the Tampa Airport.

Room Tip: The higher the room the more encompassing the view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeterOregon
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed the $16 million dollar room renovation that we completed, last year. Our Lobby Lounge has a delightful array of savory dishes, and our location on the bay makes our grounds quite exceptional. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Tampa.

Abrea H. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I dont usually write reviews but had to make an account and post my feedback since I was really happy with our trip. I had an amazing stay last week with my husband and 15 month old son. Staff was truly amazing and always willing to help. Maureen came to us during breakfast to see how we were enjoying our stay and when she heard my husband and I were celebrating an anniversary, she surprised us with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne on the night of our anniversary. Kim and Lila in the restaurant were amazing and always so accommodating from making sure my son had his warm bottles of milk to making sure we were set with his food and snacks for the day. It made our first trip with our son much easier.

I am also very picky with room cleanliness and the rooms I think were recently renovated and super clean. I requested a crib but didnt plan on using it since I was not sure on the condition. I did clean it with wipes and no dirt came off of it. It looked clean and brand new.

I had a wonderful stay and the staff made it very memorable.

Room Tip: I was in a King guestroom and did not notice any airport noise (I saw in some reviews that was an issue)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CDGCDGCDG
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear CDGCDGCDG,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay experience at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It's our pleasure to have had the opportunity to welcome you for such a special anniversary celebration. Your comments with regards to our employees are appreciated. Maureen, Kim & Lila will be recognized for the level of service provided. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.

Happy Anniversary,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed the night at the Grand Hyatt the night before a Tampa Bay Bucs game with my boyfriend. We got a great deal on Priceline. I like that the hotel is nestled away off of the main road. Our room had a view of the city and we could see the stadium, but all it took was a walk to the other side of the hotel, and we got the nature side. The pool is smaller but very nice, and there are a few long board walks out through the mangroves that lead to a nice view of the bay, and a pavillion. If you take the long board walk, it leads you to a bar where they serve beer, oysters, etc. (not a part of the hotel I don't believe). We got lucky because by coincidence, the entire Buccaneers team stayed the night there as well before the game so they were crawling all over the hotel. Nice views :) I would stay again. Friendly staff, clean rooms, nice hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt for 3 nights in late March. It's a very nice hotel but the amenities are limited. It's in an out of the way location but has a tremendous view of Tampa Bay. Upon check in we were greeted by Michael, he was wonderful, very helpful, pleasant and accomodating. We arrived early and the room wasn't ready, he suggested we go into the bar for lunch and that the room would be ready in about an hour and that we could come back to the desk then. About 20 minutes later he came into the bar with our room keys! What service, Thank you, Michael. The room and bath, were spotlessly clean, the view great, nice amenities. The bar is small, seemed understaffed for such a busy weekend. It was the NCAA's and the hotel was sold out for 2 nights as lots of Yankee fans were staying. We had breakfast 2 mornings in the dining room, there was a very long line, we waited at least 20-25 minutes to be seated. There was not coffee available till you sat down. The hostess was friendly, but it seemed that the people who clear up the tables were really overwhelmed, actually were a bit huffy. Since it is pretty much a buffett, it seems they would be able to rectify this issue. The last morning we ordered room service, it was great and the gentleman who brought it up was friendly. We would just do the continental bkfast (in room) next time. All in all it was a really nice time, also should mention free self parking. Only Con - PAYING FOR WIFI - this has got to stop, it's just silly, and to add insult to injury, I got an email that morning advising me to use e-self check out!! Also, go to the rooftop Armani's - really nice bar and GREAT food
I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a quiet Tampa hotel

Room Tip: Spring for the Bay View
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. I am so glad that Michael was able to assist you with early check in and that he was so helpful in letting you know when your room was ready. Our breakfast buffet certainly is very popular and this does occasionally result in a bit of a wait for a table. Our in-room dining is certainly a good alternative to those not wishing to wait. Thank you for your suggestion regarding the charge for WIFI. I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel for a future stay!

Abrea H. - A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed April 23, 2013

WE flew from NYC to Tampa for the weekend to attend a friends wedding. Hotwire sent me an email offering a 4star hotel in the Tampa area for a rate too good to pass up. What a lovely hotel! The rooms and all of the hotel facilities were spotless. The service was exceptional and all of the restaurants located on the premises were delicious! If I'm ever in the Tampa area again, I will be staying at the Grand Hyatt! Thank You for a wonderful time!!!

Room Tip: If your looking for a view you want an even room number. If your looking for a slightly more stunning room go with the odd number!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Maria D,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the services and cleanliness of our hotel. We will be recognizing our staff members for the excellent customer service provided while you were our guest. It's great that you were able to enjoy delicious meals at Oystercatchers, Armani's and Petey Brown's. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Anna M. - Guest Relations Associate