3,286 results
All reviewsnature walkthe main hoteloystercatchers restaurantnature preserveoystersclose to the airportbeautiful propertylobby barroom serviceself parkingcorner roombusiness meetingvery nice hotelbusiness hotelclearwater beachinternational plazafree shuttle
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Grand Hyatt in Westshore was always good with its excellent restaurants, Armani and Oyster Catchers and I have been staying or eating there or both since it first opened. Perhaps the restaurants arnt quite as special as when they first opened say 20 years ago or more and theres no longer, at this moment, the superb buffet lunch they used to provide in the main dining room. I have recommended many over the years to stay here for the great views and great hospitality and choice of restaurants and my european friends in particular have loved the place. BUT now its better than ever or at least the rooms and the great team running the place are. Management and marketing are doing a superb job. The newly decorated rooms are great and quiet and the staff are fabulous. Everyone is really trying here . The views are the same fabulous ones they always were but the newly decorated rooms are bang up to date and modern in style and very comfortable and the staff will go to every length to make you feel welcome and at home. Stay here and you can be assured you are getting some of the best hospitality available in Tampa Bay..............and not just that businessmens chain hotel vibe..... now a good hotel being made better than it when it was new

Room Tip: Bayviews have great sunsets
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed in a casita at this hotel and while the property and the room was beautiful, the noise of the planes taking off at Tampa airport was very loud! We ate breakfast at the hotel which was a distance away...there is a little path to the hotel. Overall, it was a nice experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

A grand gem on the water in Tampa. Having lived and worked in Tampa before, there is no greater getaway from traveling or work than to arrive at this property. Walk paths to the bay or suites away from the hotel, this property has everything to offer world class travelers and families.

• Stayed: March 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

I really appreciate you sharing feedback in regards to your recent stay at our property. I’m thrilled you found our hotel to be beautifully appointed. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Love the renovation! The last time we stayed her was pre room reno - WOW! The rooms are clean, beautiful and modern. Their new key system is cool because you cannot de-magnetize them.

We had a bit of a hitch with our door lock around 9:45p and were locked out for about an hour. The hotel responded quickly with concern. They gave us drinks an breakfast for the inconvenience. They handled it very well. Kudos!

Do not waste your time or money at the extremely underwhelming and overpriced Oystercatchers restaurant on property.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank trvlgrl6570
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed in the Casitas Friday March 22 to Sun March 24th.

Let me start by saying the Casitas are well appointed. We had 2 small dogs so we had no choice by glad we didn't :)

The grounds are beautiful. The service excellent. This is why. I forgot to ask for late checkout. I called the front desk and was advised that the Hotel was sold out on Sunday and that late check out would be tough.

I then proceeded to the Hotel Lobby and spoke with a brilliant lady at the front desk. I apologize but I forget her name. She is the Dutch lady. I explained that I had 2 small dogs and that I would be at the ball game between 1 and 4pm.

She pulled a rabbit out pf a hat and extended my check out to 4pm. She made our trip!

Thank you Hyatt Tampa Bay and to the people who make things happen.

Paul- Ottawa, Canada

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear woeisyou:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the casita rooms offered. Our employees will be recognized for the wonderful service provided. Hyatt takes great pride with this. Your referral is greatly appreciated. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate