Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore(Tampa)(Great Value!)
$99
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

$153
$148
Hilton.com
$138
$132
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

$148
  • Breakfast included
$139
$129
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

$133
$121
SailportSuites.com
$178
$149
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

$151
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $188/night.

3,250 results
All reviewsnature walkthe main hoteloystercatchers restaurantnature preserveoystersclose to the airportbeautiful propertylobby barroom serviceself parkingcorner roombusiness meetingvery nice hotelbusiness hotelclearwater beachinternational plazafree shuttle
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Beautiful property within a stone's throw of the TPA airport.
I stayed here during a business meeting and was impressed at every turn. The location is wonderful- almost adjoining the airport property. While no offsite shopping or dining is walkable, great locations are a short shuttle ride away.
The property itself was surprisingly beautiful. I say surprisingly because it is right next to a major highway and the airport. However, when you are in or around the hotel, you really can't tell. It is a large property and is a pseudo-resort. Although not the perfect spot to run, I found a decent paved trail that was a 4.5 mile out and back that led into a nice park on the water. There are tennis courts and a nice walking trail that goes through the property.
The conference facilities were top notch. No complaints at all. There were two other major meetings going on and everything flowed smoothly.

I ate a bunch of meals through the hotel event catering and they were OK. I'd describe them as fancy for fancy's sake- I would have preferred better taste. I'm not sure what the formal restaurant menu was like.

The room was fine- super clean and well appointed. I'd give it an 8 out of ten. I was a little disappointed that I wasn't upgraded to a higher floor or a nicer room, but they were able to get me a view of the bay. The other option is the airport view- make sure you ask for the bay.

Overall a great experience and while nothing blew me away, everything was done very well.

Room Tip: Go for a Bay View room- or try to get on the concierge floor. There is also a section of Villas down by the water- those looked really cool. All the rooms were quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Wow ... that is all I can say about the Hyatt.

They did not disappoint us in one area on our stay. First of all the staff and the shuttle bus drivers were amazing! The buffet breakfast and the lunches were fantastic.

We were down for my bachelor party and they still treated us like royalty.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone going down to Tampa. The pool was great and so were the change room facilities / athletic center.

Bringing my fiancee / soon to be wife down in the fall. I can't wait!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you for providing such a wonderful review. I’m thrilled that your bachelor party was a success. I’ll be sure to share your kind words with the staff. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the past few years and always enjoyed the lush location and quiet bay-front rooms and their spectacular views (even more amazing at sunset ... magical!). However, we'd not been back in several years and we returned to find the hotel completely refurbished and what a great job they did.

Our bay-view room, on a higher floor, away from the elevator was superb. Quiet and quite plush. The new bathroom and stand-alone shower were great. The bed very comfortable. Other reviewers have complained about the high-speed internet, but I found the connection was consistent and excellent.

The entire hotel seems very clean and the staff are fantastic. The hotel is located very near the airport and two terrific malls. It has beautiful property grounds compared to many. I've done separate reviews for the three on-site restaurants (Petey Brown's for breakfast [four star], Armani's [five star], and Oystercatcher's [four star]).

There are two small but very nice pools and the elevated walkways into the mangrove wetlands were quite nice.

We'll be back. Well done, Hyatt!!!

Room Tip: In this hotel, we always ask for a room on a higher floor, away from the elevator, with a bay view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ColoradoDoc
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words. I’m thrilled we were able to welcome you back to our property. It sounds like you really enjoyed the recent upgrades. I’m pleased that you found your room to be well appointed and the staff to be fantastic. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. I look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay in the future!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a great hotel for a mixture of both business and personnel guests. The biggest drawback is the price. Try and look for discounts on travel sites. They just did a major renovation throughout the whole hotel so the rooms have upgraded furniture and carpet. It is well done

I am fortunate to be privy to the Grand Lounge, but it is only open Monday-Friday.

The food is great, and they are able to make things not even on the menu. Specifically, I asked for a hand-dipped chocolate shake and they made it! Even delivered it via room service.

On my last trip here I was sick from the flu. My wife called the front desk and asked them to make me some chicken soup. They delivered it to me, with water free of charge! Nice touch.

Room Tip: Pick a high room with a view of the Bay - Truly a great sight in the morning as the sun comes up!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We're thrilled you enjoyed the outcome of our extensive renovation. It's great to hear our staff could help make your stay one to remember. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Chrissi B.- A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Spent two nights here 1/22 & 1/23. We Live in Orlando, but my daughter had surgery in Tampa. Came back from surgery, daughter was groggy, valet noticed and quickly got a wheelchair for us. Once in room, I called room service for some soup as she was nauseous and the soup of the day was tomato. I informed room service thank you but she wanted chicken noodle. Hung up started searching on phone for nearby restaurants and room phone was ringing after five minutes. It was room service informing us that if we wanted the chef to make her chicken noodle soup he would. How wonderful and thoughtful was that! We all three ordered a full lunch instead of going out. It sure was more convenient to stay at hotel. Everyone was very friendly and the room was clean. Very nice experience. Thank you for helping us and making our experience more comfortable when we needed it the most.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for providing such a kind review. It’s a pleasure to read that the staff was able to make sure that you and your family was taken care of. We want to make our guests feel at home while they’re at our property. I’ll be sure to share you gracious comments with our team. Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. We hope to welcome you back in the future!