“Great location and service.”

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
Ranked #3 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, IL
“Great location and service.”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is by far my favorite hotel in the Tampa area. Views of the bay are excellent. Rooms are recently renovated and very comfortable. Restaurants are great, especially Oyster Catchers. Service is top notch on all levels. Close to the airport.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We were part of a wedding group and had a wonderful stay. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The views were beautiful, the only drawback being there are no balconies and you are not able to open a window. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was convenient to the airport and shopping. There are two malls near by. The better of the two is the International Mall. The wedding reception was held at the hotel. The food was fabulous! There were two receptions being held on the same night but it was no problem whatsoever. You would have never known.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear janfromtoledo:

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent experience at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. Your comments about the cleanliness of the rooms & the great views are greatly appreciated. Our employees will be recognized for the great customer service offered during your stay.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I just came back from visiting the Grand Hyatt for four days and all I can say is wonderful. The staff was very courteous and professional, every need was met, the rooms are gorgeous (get a Bayview room), the Bayside pool was very nice and I was the only one over there and it is very private. I celebrated my birthday there and had a wonderful dinner at the Oyster Catchers which is a part of this wonderful hotel.... My experience was a 5 star. Special thanks to Anja who checked me in, thanks to Noah and Bill who worked the lounge bar, Noah was very gracious and helped me celebrate my birthday and introduced me to a lot of folks there. Had a great time, will visit again!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
It’s fantastic to read that you had such a wonderful stay at our property. I am excited that you found the staff to be very courteous and professional. I will be sure to let Anja, Noah, and Bill know that you found their service to be very friendly and helpful. We have a great staff that wants to ensure all of our guests needs are met. Thank you for choosing to spend your birthday at our property. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. We can’t wait to welcome you back on your next visit to Tampa!

Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed for two nights at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay hotel, outside of Tampa, but next to Tampa Bay. This luxury hotel has very nice rooms with great views to the Tampa Bay. It is very accessible by highways and next to the airport. Unless this location, rooms are very quiet, the hotel is situated in a nice green environment. Staff is very friendly and helpfull, e.g. waiting for our car outside the lobby, we were offered some refreshing water. We had dinner at the Oyster Catchers Restaurant which offers superior seafood, the restaurant can be reached by a shuttle bus, because it is situated in another building. Also the interior of the restaurant is a must and has a great view on Tampa Bay.

Valet parking is rather expensive

Room Tip: ask for rooms with bay view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. We're delighted you enjoyed our hotel and the excellent bay views we offer. It's great to hear you enjoyed our famous Oyster Catcher restaurant. We hope to welcome you back to Hyatt in the future.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed August 7, 2012

After reading some of the earlier reviews, I contacted the hotel and asked to have the manager call me back. Crys call me back and gave me very clear information on exactly what renovation work was going on during the days that I would be at the hotel. Based upon his information, I booked the hotel and was extremely happy with both my room and the service that I received while I was there. I asked at the front desk about Oystercatchers and was immediately given a coupon for $25 off. It was raining that night and so the hotel staff suggested that they drive us over to the restaurant which is located on their property but a 7 minute walk from the main building. In addition, while we waited a few minutes for the shuttle, they gave us a glass of champagne which we brought along on the shuttle ride. I liked being able to self-park my car in the garage, and not have to pay a parking fee at all. When I showed up alone at breakfast, the waiter asked if I'd like a newspaper and then went to get me one gratis. People were extremely friendly from start to finish. I'm not sure whether they were testing themselves for the upcoming convention but if so, they passed with flying colors. Oh yes, and when I asked Crys about the rather hefty internet charge, he said he'd waive it. When I got there, it was no problem.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It is very rewarding to hear when our guests have an excellent stay. I will be sure to share your kind words to Chrys letting him know that you found his service to be top notch. It sounds like all your interactions with the staff were very positive. We want to ensure that our guests have a memorable experience while staying with us. Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. We hope to welcome you back to our property in the future!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Grand Hyatt after a bit of a bumpy start. At check-in (2pm) we were told the hotel was at capacity and the only rooms available were those with a city view. Went up to room and saw it had only a king bed (had requested 2 beds at check-in) and we were immediately switched to another room. This new "bay view" room had the most spectacular view. It was so breathtaking I spent more time than usual in the room simply admiring the view! Sunset was spectacular. Food was very very good, and fresh...like most Grand Hyatts I have stayed at. The boardwalk through the mangroves is a nice walk. All in all I would happily return, and will recommend this as a venue for meetings (ours was about 150 people). Not sure why they wouldn't automatically put everyone they can in Bay view rooms when available ....it really makes the stay special. Only slight disappointment is pool which is quite small and not at all the one shown in the picture. (The construction was barely noticeable...the gym was relocated to another area and you had to walk through main lobby to get to pool.)

Room Tip: Bay view....the higher up the better!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Service and staff was exceptional. Has great restaurants especially the Oyster Catcher. Beautifull view from the room which was exceptionnally clean. There was a safe and a fridge which was convenient. This is a great business and convention hotel but not so great for as a vacation resort. Shuttle service is available to the great International Shopping Plaza and airport. Very comfortable beds with lots of good pillows. A car is essential and parking is free as is WIFI

Room Tip: ask for lagoon side for good view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
It is exciting to read that you had an amazing stay at our property. I will be sure to let our staff know that you found their service to be exceptional. It sounds like you found your room to be well appointed and very clean. I am glad you were able to dine at our restaurant Oystercatcher’s. They offer fresh and delicious food along with fantastic service. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope to welcome you back to Hyatt in the future!