Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore(Tampa)(Great Value!)
$99
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

$153
$148
Hilton.com
$132
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

$147
  • Breakfast included
$140
$129
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

$149
$127
SailportSuites.com
$194
$149
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

$151
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

3,249 results
All reviewsnature walkthe main hoteloystercatchers restaurantnature preserveoystersclose to the airportbeautiful propertylobby barroom serviceself parkingcorner roombusiness meetingvery nice hotelbusiness hotelclearwater beachinternational plazafree shuttle
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have to take my hat off to the Hyatt and the front desk manger Who check us in. My son and myself were in tampa touring colleges. We had checked into another hotel in the ybor area thought it would be a nice area near the school with things to do near by . What a mistake. After having to check out at midnite with no idea where to go we found our way to the Hyatt. We called and asked if they had rooms and said we were on our way. When we arrived and explained our nitemare they set us up in a top floor room that was brand new, super clean and quiet . Just what we needed. Come to find out a wonderful breakfast was included. Come to find out the price was only $20.00 more than the dump we left. Thanks again Hyatt.

1  Thank DaveD123
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Hello DaveD123!

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback with regards to your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. We're glad to hear we could save the day, and assist you with a clean, comfortable room that included breakfast for you and your son. Hyatt takes pride with hearing examples of our employees offering great customer service. We'll make sure they are recognized for their efforts. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back!

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was completely impressed with this hotel. Excellent service - newly furnished and very tastefly done rooms. I breathtaking view of the bay and close to the airport, major throughways and close to down town. I will always stay her in the future

Room Tip: ask for a bay view room
3  Thank bonefishjody
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Dear bonefishjody:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay! We appreciate your comments & enjoy hearing about how much you enjoyed your stay. Our employees will be recognized for the excellent customer service. Your referral is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back with us on your next visit to the area.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Outstanding hotel to stay at when visiting Tampa. Close to airport and major arteries for easy transport. Great views of the bay. Service is excellent. I would stay here again.

1  Thank md m
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were meeting friends for a relaxing weekend in Tampa and wanted a hotel with a nice pool, bar and restaurants. We discovered the ‘Stay 3 Nights for the Price of 2’ rate at the Grand Hyatt so thought it would be a good choice. We researched the hotel ahead of time and knew that renovations were in progress (we thought perhaps this was the reason for the special room rates?)
We arrived around 10pm and took the free shuttle to the hotel. At check-in, we were told there were no Bay View rooms available. We were given a ‘City View’ which was actually a view of the parking lot. We also confirmed that our rate included breakfast and free internet.
The room had a king size bed, desk area, comfortable chair/ottoman and nice bathroom. There was a large safe and a coffee pot but no refrigerator. Two bottles of water were provided but with price tags of $4 each we decided to buy our own the next day.
The construction work began promptly at 8:30am Friday morning. We went to the gym which is quite decent size for a hotel and open 24 hours. There is also an indoor whirlpool, and separate shower/changing room/sauna for men and women. Free bottled water and headphones are provided in the gym. We then went to breakfast. The cold buffet was very good and extensive. There was also a hot buffet and customized omelette can be ordered if desired. (My vegetarian omelette was excellent.) The staff was very helpful and pleasant.
On Saturday, we walked over to the beach pool – a nice walk along a wooden boardwalk. The pool is spotlessly clean and very peaceful. Staff was there to put up umbrellas and adjust big fans for the guests. But, the bar at this pool was not opened. On Sunday, we went to the pool right next to the hotel. There was a very attentive bartender on duty. There were plenty of sun-beds, towels and umbrellas at both pools.
We had lunch one day at the lobby restaurant and it was good. Pricing was also very reasonable (soup or salad plus a burger or sandwich for $12). All of the staff at the restaurants and bars seemed well-trained and attentive.
We rented a car for the final day and drove over to Tropicana Field for a Tampa Bay Rays baseball game. It was an easy 30-35 minute drive and parking near the stadium was convenient. We bought tickets at the box office just before the game without any problem.
Once all the renovations are complete, this will certainly be a luxury resort hotel. I would not recommend staying for more than a few days though as it is in a very isolated area without anything to do in the area other than swim and eat!

Room Tip: Definitely request a Bay View room. Wait for construction project to finish if excessive noise bothers you.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Texan-in-Solihull
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We only stayed at this hotel for one night. We flew into Tampa from Jacksonville and were then heading to Sarasota for a four days the following day. We arrived at the airport around 5:00 p.m. The hotel offered a complimentary shuttle pick up to the hotel from the airport. Once we located the phone at the baggage claim for the Grand Hyatt, we were told where to wait for pick up. A short while later the Hyatt shuttle arrived and we were off to the hotel. The driver offered us cold water, which was nice.

A few minutes later, we arrived at the hotel. The lobby was very nice and spacious. Check in was efficient and professional. The hotel rate I received was explained and questions regarding restaurants, etc. were answered. We were given a recently renovated room. The room was wonderful. We were located at the end of the hallway (last room) which gave us an extra window. The main window was huge (the whole length of the entire room overlooking the city skyline). We would occasionally see planes taking off from the airport. Really nice to watch, so close but very quiet). The room was huge with very comfortable beds and there was a great daybed or lounger by the window, which was super comfortable. The bathroom was very nice and had a modern decor. Only negative was the facet over the sink really needed to extend further over the sink because when in use, water would run over the counter. Not a big problem but just seemed to be a design flaw.

I did some research before staying here and I thought we might try Oystercatchers Restaurant. It sounded nice but my son and I were tired and decided to just relax around the hotel and eat at the lobby restaurant and bar. The other hotel restaurant was closed on Sundays. Plus the hotel was really comfortable and since we were staying a short time, we decided to just enjoy the atmosphere.

My son enjoyed the pool for a little while while I had a couple drinks in the lobby restaurant/bar. The bartender was really great. I chose a seat on the couch at the far end of the bar and he was right on top of things.

While my son was in the pool, I explored the nature boardwalk behind the hotel. Nice little walk over the marshes to a gazeebo with a great view of the bay along the way. We headed back to our room and got ready for dinner. The same great bartender was there and our food, drinks, and service were excellent.

We headed up to the room and my son went to the gym. He said the facilities were great and modern. Also, I believe the gym was open all night which was great because he likes to work our late.

I'm a breakfast person and I always look forward to my coffee. I called downstairs and asked how late breakfast was served. I was told 11:00 a.m. We were running later than I wanted and arrived at the restaurant (Petey Brown's) at 10:20 a.m. This is where, unfortunately, the hotel fell really short. I told the hostess we had the breakfast package, where the buffet was included. She looked at her watch and said the buffet is over at 10:30 a.m. and we could not get it. She just stood there staring at us shaking her head. I told her I called and said breakfast was until 11:00 but she said the buffet is only til 10:30. She said if we wanted we could get some to go containers and grab some food before it was taken away. I stood there with a pretty irritated expression and asked her what we should do and that is when she went over to the young man who would be our waiter and explained the situation to him. He was very nice and said don't worry as long as you are eating they won't start putting things away which is exactly the response we should have gotten from the unprofessional and rude hostess. I will mention that this hostess was not a young girl. She was a mature woman who you would think just from life experience would know better. The only conclusion I draw from her is that she was hoping we would walk away.

I told the waiter that I wasn't going to grab food before it was taken away. I wasn't that desperate and he said she shouldn't have told you that. Anyway, my son and didn't eat much and the buffet was ultimately being cleaned up around 10:50 a.m. which was certainly reasonable. But, the waiter stood there making small talk while we were eating and I felt like he was trying to overcompensate for the rude hostess, which only made the situation more uncomfortable. I couldn't wait to down my coffee and get out of there. Which, I did ask for a to go cup so I could finish my coffee upstairs.

So, I really think this hotel could easily be a four or five star hotel but it only takes one untrained staff to ruin an otherwise very enjoyable hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a AAA member, this was a great rate.
3  Thank mrzip