“Great Staff! Room a bit dated” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Tampa Downtown

You added Hilton Tampa Downtown to your Saves list
Hilton Tampa Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   211 North Tampa Street, Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Hotel Tampa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #20 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Staff! Room a bit dated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I was there for a convention, one that has been held in the hotel previously. The staff was OUTSTANDING. From check in, to room service, to valet parking attendents - everyone was above and beyond. The room, well - the carpet was stained and that was a little nasty. The carpet in the halls looked the same way - a little worn. My major gripe was the escalator wasn't working. Going up was OK, but not coming down. That would normally be no big deal, but I never did find the stairs, nor did most folks. The wait for the elevator took forever with most people going down from floor 2 to the lobby level. The escaltor was down before thursday and still down oon Sunday. Not a good thing with a convention taking place. Drinks were weak also - just saying. Overall I had a good time and the staff more than made up for the dated carpet and weak adult beverages.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Roamin-Amy
Randy K, Rooms Executive at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your recent experience at the Hilton Tampa Downtown. We are glad you enjoyed the wonderful customer service that our associates provide to all of our guests. We apologize for the down escalator not functioning. The hotel had to complete a major repair in order for it to work in the future. Hope to see you next year.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

After being hassled by security several times I felt the need to write this review. While trying to locate my lost cell phone ab security guard took the liberty to start asking me for my credentials rather than attempting to aide me in my search and recovery of my missing $700 phone which I wanted to avoid needing to misplace. After that I felt like everywhere I went security wanted to hassle me. Even while leaving on the am the security confused me with another guest that had been removed from property but no matter where I went I guess being black gets you profiled unreasonably in Tampa. Maybe I should have worn my uniform to receive better service. On top of already high prices and broken doors in my room and several general area services in need of repair this was definitely one of the worst stays I've ever had at a Hilton. The only positive about the whole stay was the waiting staff. Christie was saving grace of the whole establishment. Maybe you should hire someone with her customer service experience to train your security staff.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for writing a review about your experience. I would be more than happy to discuss your comments over the phone. You may call me in my office @ 813-222-4960. There was a large convention in the hotel that required you to have credentials in certain areas. Glad you enjoyed the service from Christie in 211 Lounge.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night on June 15, 2014 for business.

Location: The hotel is in an excellent location in downtown Tampa. I was able to walk to/from the several offices with no problems. I didn't go out at night so I'm not sure what the night life scene is around the hotel.

Hotel: The hotel room is not very spacious, but it's totally fine and comfortable for one person. The bed was extremely comfortable with soft sheets, the desk had enough room for my things and the shower had good water pressure. The gym was packed at 5:45 am! There were no treadmills available and no towels to be found. I did not eat at the hotel's restaurants or bar, but I'm told by the locals it's great. I did use the very convenient downstairs Starbucks for breakfast.

Although my stay was less than 24 hours, I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting downtown Tampa for it's convenience and cleanliness.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for writing a review about your one night stay at the Hilton Tampa Downtown. We are so glad that you found the hotel to be a great choice for your business trips to Tampa. We hope to see you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

The rooms have been nicely renovated since the last time I was here, the staff is friendly and helpful. And once a year, Fetishcon is here, which is very interesting. A lot of fun people, and location in downtown Tampa is convenient.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for writing a review about your experience at the Hilton Tampa Downtown. We are glad you enjoyed the renovated hotel and the awesome team of associates. We hope to see you again soon.
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I'm an airline pilot, and I spend my life in hotels. The Tampa Hilton downtown is a first class hotel. You must enjoy a meal at the bar restaurant. If she's working, make sure you request Christie as your server. She is GREAT!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for writing a review about the hotel. For someone that travels as much as you do, we really appreciate the comments you wrote. I will pass along the kudos to Christie in 211 Lounge. Until next time!
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Beautiful upscale, modern hotel. Lobby with it's Starbucks and restaurant was very nice. Breakfast every morning was very enjoyable, the friendly staff and service was superb. We were on the 18th floor and the view over the water was stunning , the room with the adjoining sitting room was very clean and comfortable . Can't think of anything I didn't like. My husband and I were there for an Avionics Convention so the walkover to the Convention Center was very convenient.

Room Tip: Beautiful views higher up.
Green Features: Loved the organic products and food. The a/c was very quiet and environmentally friendly
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank reb1297
Thank you so much for your awesome comments. The staff and I are so happy that you enjoyed your stay while attending a meeting at the Convention Center. Come back to see us when you are in the area.
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a short business trip. I love the location in downtown Tampa. The rooms are incredibly clean and the beds are very comfortable. I love that they give you multiple pillow options that should suit any taste. The rooms are very updated and the bathrooms were great and clean.

I stayed on the 17th floor with a great view of downtown.

The downside is parking is expensive, especially if you need to come and go. I found a parking deck around the corner that was much cheaper than the hotel parking. However, if I were coming and going all week for business, I probably wouldn't choose this location because of the parking fees.

Overall, great locations, especially when I needed to be in downtown for one morning.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Hogsraz
Thank you so much for writing a review about the hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. The hotel is perfect for someone doing business in the Downtown Area. The parking is comparable if not cheaper than the other hotels downtown. Please come back to stay with us next time you are in the Tampa area.