My wife and I stayed at this hotel in December 2013. In short, I would definitely stay here again; we had a great experience.
What I liked:
1) Staff--they were very friendly and made us feel very welcome.
2) Location--the location is in a very safe part of Tampa, and it was easy to get to from the interstate.
3) Starbucks--They have a full-service Starbucks.
4) Bathroom--The bathroom was small, but great. The water pressure in the shower was very strong, which is awesome.
What I didn't like:
1) Noise: I didn't notice any noise from the hallway, but I could hear the people next door talking. It seems that the sound came through the interconnecting doors. At one point, we could hear their entire conversation.
2) Internet speed--The internet speed is very slow, which isn't great since guests have to pay for the internet use. When hotels charge for the internet, particularly when the hotel is in a large city, I expect super-fast connections.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Tampa Downtown is an upscale urban hotel surrounded by the natural attractions of one of Florida’s busiest and most beautiful gulf coast areas. Located in the heart of downtown Tampa, we feature convenient access to all of the attractions of Tampa, Clearwater, St. Petersburg and Orlando. We’re 6 miles from Tampa International Airport and a few blocks from the Tampa Convention Center, the Florida Aquarium, the University of Tampa, the Tampa Bay Times Forum, the David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts and the area’s centers for culture, heritage, shopping, entertainment and sports. Hilton Tampa Downtown offers 520 guestrooms, including 14 suites, all providing a sophisticated and relaxing environment of contemporary furnishings, finishes and personal amenities. For on-property relaxation, guests can enjoy our tropical rooftop outdoor pool, heated whirlpool, sundeck and fully equipped health club. The Restaurant 211 “complex” offers daylong opportunities for outstanding food and socializing. Restaurant 211 features American Cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our Coffee Bar brews the exclusive Starbucks® Coffee. And, our Bar pours, draws, shakes, and stirs the perfect cocktail. Of the 30,000 square feet of function space at Hilton Tampa Downtown, over 27,000 square feet are on one floor, which gives meeting and social planners many options for planning flow from function to function. Our catering professionals have over twenty years of experience in preparing events for groups from 10 to 2,400. They offer a full range of services including theme parties, custom menus, décor design and transportation. Most of our hospitality staff has been with the property since it opened in 1982. Their local knowledge, impeccable service, and customer-focused attitudes provide every guest with a unique hotel experience found only at Hilton Tampa Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Tampa Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Tampa Hotel Tampa
- Tampa Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Tampa