“Terrible place” 1 of 5 stars

Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium
Ranked #123 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
“Terrible place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I am never staying at the Howard Johnson in Tampa off dale maybary ever again. Get this.

My friends and I stayed here from 5/24-25/14 while attending a weekend festival

They loose my original two room reservation I made a month prior after going through 3 separate phone operators no one can see my reservation anywhere. So I make a new one. Today I see I have two separate charges for $101.25. guess what their for? The two I originally reserved that they magically lost, and couldn't find that I had made. Not only that upon arrival I'm charged an extra $50 for early check and an additional $30 for late check out all. This hotels customer service is terrible and for what I paid for the room (which I also would say is over priced) I would expect a little better customer service

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
north of Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here overnight for an early morning flight from Tampa Airport. This hotel was conveniently located near the airport, maybe 10 minutes and an easy drive. Hotel itself is set up a little oddly and it's a little difficult to know exactly where to park to be close to your room. The room itself was fine. Bed was comfortable, room was quiet. Raymond James Stadium is really close, which I didn't know until we took a drive down the road. Also, Steinbrenner Stadium is very close to the hotel. Not much in the way of restaurants, but we did find an Appleby's not too awful far. All in all this is a fine place to stay for an overnighter. I would stay here again, and I probably will.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Tombstone, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We choose this because we missed our flight and the other top names were booked. Upon arrival we found this to be in an area of strip clubs, however it was quiet and Walmart and Best Buy were very close to the property so it felt safe.
The room a/c only worked for about 10 minutes, would have to turn it off then to fan for 10 minutes, then back to cold.
It was miserable trying to catch naps in between resetting the a/c all night.
The beds were to be queens, surprise they were doubles, so it was a challenge for 4 people to sleep 2 to a bed.
Next time, I would rather sleep in the airport terminal.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family