Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
1,339 results
All reviews free shuttle performing arts front desk shuttle service the river walk tampa riverwalk hotel restaurant cruise terminal housekeeping staff coffee maker octavia salina straz university port gasparilla convention
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2019 via mobile

This was a wonderful stay for my mommy and son trip all thanks to Andrea! She greeted us every time we walked in and made sure to contact her if we needed anything. She also made it easier for me to enjoy and be worry free with my son when we came in ahead of check in time.
Thank you Andrea!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
gmbarrymore, General Manager at The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2019

Dearest "apriely2018,"

Good evening from the Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk! So very, very special - "Mommy and Son Vacation!" Thank you for the wonderful opportunity to host you as our guests and the thoughts that you have expressed. It was an absolute pleasure playing a small role in this amazing vacation. I will share the highlights of your visit with each member of my team, most notably Andrea. She is the perfect example of the service level we strive for daily. My team and I look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again in the relatively near future, either "Mommy and Son" or "Mommy and whomever..."

Reviewed July 24, 2019

Visited this hotel in March and strayed prior to a cruise so it was very well positioned for our needs.
we loved its location near the riverwalk and in waking distance of some nice places to eat and drink (First Watch is a great breakfast). The hotel is clean but in MUCH need of updating and refurbishment. However, it did not lack a full compliment of SUPERB staff and the shuttle bus which will run you around within a two mile radius was complementary and a great touch - please remember to tip the drivers as they rely on these tips. We were given and excellent recommendation to eat at an all American diner by one of the lady drivers (see my review on 'Daily Eats')
I would stay here again as it was friendly, well located and excellent value for money.

Date of stay: March 2019
gmbarrymore, General Manager at The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2019

Dear "JOwan1,"

Greetings and good afternoon from the Barrymore Tampa Riverwalk Hotel! It was a pleasure to host you as our recent guest. Your commentary will be shared with each member of my team as well as ownership group. There are numerous updates underway as I compose this response, particularly the finishing touches to our new restaurant, The Continental Restaurant and Lounge, and the commencement of our ballroom enhancement project. Indeed, the Barrymore is "well located and an excellent value" with a "SUPERB staff," full of energy and an ongoing passion for providing excellent service! Thank you so very much again for your patronage. We look forward to hosting you again in the relatively near future...

Reviewed July 23, 2019

Except for a few rowdy kids running up and down hall after 10 pm we enjoyed our stay. Our room was for handicap with a very big shower that we didn't use. I only asked for a grab bar to get into shower and got a handicap room. There was no vanity storage in the bathroom and no hooks on the door. Very strange. The room was very clean and the bed was so comfortable. The a/c didn't work at night unless we put in down to 66 degrees. Over all for the price and convenience to the Straz Center, we will be back. The restaurant had great food but a long wait.

Room tip: Don't ask for handicap room unless you need the huge shower.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
gmbarrymore, General Manager at The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2019

Dear "Sunnylady2,"

Good day and greetings from the Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk! Much gratitude to you and yours for your recent patronage during your evening at the beautiful Straz Center for the Performing Arts. We're very happy that we were able to meet your expectations. Your commentary will be shared with each member of my team. We look forward to hosting you again in the relatively near future for a show evening or any other lodging desire...

Reviewed July 22, 2019

I met Salina at the Bridal Expo and she invited me to the Grand Opening party. The staff was so welcoming and friendly - I actually believe that I have made some new friends! The lounge itself is modern yet, has a vintage feel to it. The pop art on the wall is soooo Instagrammable!

Definitely come hungry because you will want everything on the menu! Just watching the other plates going by me was exciting - I kept having food envy (wishing I had ordered that! haha!)

The thing that stood out the most to me was the fact that there were a lot of locals there. That shows how good everything is there; because there are so many other places around. Their other plus is that all the food & drinks were served quickly and accurately - I think that's another reason why the whole crowd was enjoying it, too.

I can't wait to go back there with my family. This is my go-to hotel when staying in Tampa!

Room tip: so close to everything downtown Tampa - just like they say; no hype or BS.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank Rene E K

Dearest "Rene E.K.,"

Greetings from the beautiful Barrymore Hotel on the Tampa Riverwalk! Thank you so very much for your wonderful and thoughtful commentary highlighting the Grand Opening of our newly introduced Continental Bar and Grill. We are ecstatic that you were part of such an amazing evening and helped us introduce a new era of outstanding cuisine and service in the Downtown community.

As you eloquently alluded, the location itself is the place to be in Downtown Tampa. We border the very nostalgic Tampa Riverwalk and the legendary Straz Center. The evening itself created fond memories commencing with the artwork on the walls, the elongated and classy bar, to the very warm and intimate table settings. Our guests covered and mingled each step of the completely redone floor as each food item offered was quickly consumed. My team delivered outstanding service, second to none! As I proudly share your commentary with each of them, I am reliving every moment of that beautiful evening. Much gratitude again to you for being a part of such an amazing and very defining introduction. We look forward to hosting you again, very soon, and we look forward to being the place to be in Downtown Tampa for both locals and visitors...

Reviewed July 17, 2019

Initial reaction...I'm paying how much for this? Someone sort of tried to do a renovation but missed the mark. Bottom of bathroom door was rotting so I am wondering what else don't they attend to. Location is a little removed from restaurants, etc.

On a positive note: The food in the bar was good and Lenny the bartender was very personable.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
gmbarrymore, General Manager at The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2019

Dear "threeksmag,"

Greetings and thank you for the recent opportunity to host you as our guest. It is disappointing that we failed to meet your expectations and I appreciate your taking an opportunity to provide a critique. It is through the commentaries of our guests that we're able to improve the overall operation of the hotel by addressing service challenges that are highlighted. I will share your thoughts with my entire team, particularly your positive critique of Lenny our bartender, as well as renovation highlights with our ownership. Thank you again for your patronage. We wish you the very best in your future travels...

Respectfully,