Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore
Ranked #27 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had an early flight so wanted something close to the airport and this hotel did not disappoint. The staff was friendly and helpful. Check-in was unbelievably quick and we were settled in our room in minutes. Gave us a map of nearby restaurants and good directions. Left too early for breakfast but restful sleep in a clean, comfortable room. Lots of clean, fluffy towels and comfortable beds.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope the next time you are in Tampa, you will choose our Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore

Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel is a typical Hampton Inn. That is definitely a good thing, though. There may not be bells and whistles, but you get a great quality hotel, complimentary breakfast, a little work out room, and a pool. It was perfect for me and my family. We were just in for a quick visit, so we really weren't looking for a 5 star resort, we just needed a nice place to relax and to go to sleep in, and this place fit the bill perfectly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn Tampa-Airport/Westshore twice and plan to stay there whenever in the area. Staff is professional and friendly. Staff makes eye contact and greets guest whenever they enter and exit making them feel appreciated and at home. Facility is clean, well maintained and located near restaurants and shopping. Complementary breakfast offers good variety.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

First of all let me say that I concur with the other reviews on here that this hotel has some of the best and most friendly staff members I've ever been around. They're always saying hello and the Australian lady at breakfast in the morning was extremely sweet to my young children and my wife and helpful in getting us squared away.

The location of the hotel is right between the Westshore and International Mall and very close to most anything you need. Breakfast in the morning was pretty good and I even opened up extra seating in the meeting room when it got crowded.

I only really has two complaints and they aren't major: the first is that there was always a funky musty smell in the hallway going to the lobby on the first floor. And the second was that we actually had to wear flip flops around our room because the floor was very sticky for some reason. I put my shoes on and my feet stuck to the bottom of the soles.

However I could not get over the friendliness of the staff and everyone, even the shuttle drivers were very nice and welcoming.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank CoachDub

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week. The staff was almost like family when we left.

The breakfast selection was wonderful and we enjoyed eating and chatting with the staff.

My only complaint is that when we left my husband and I were covered in bedbug bites all over our legs.

We really enjoyed our stay except for the bedbugs.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Futuremrsrowland

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us!

I am a little alarmed to hear about bedbugs. I can assure this will be something I will personally check into, although, we haven't had any complaints of bedbugs.

Otherwise, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope the next time you are in Tampa, you will choose our Hotel.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Very happy and friendly staff... Never been to a property where everyone says good morning can we help you with anything. I got picked up from the airport in a quick turn around time. Was offered to be taken to get something to eat if I was hungry which I was so worked out great.. I enjoyed my stay and definately will be back again ...

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Katherine V

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed for only one night and the driver and night auditor made me feel so welcome. I got picked up from the airport by the nicest man. He was kind considerate and really made the passengers feel welcome.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends