“bugs, bugs, bugs”

Ranked #35 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Crown Point, Indiana
“bugs, bugs, bugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I checked in the first day. The second night I got to my room and noticed bugs all over the bed. I mean all over, very tiny.
I went downstairs and the girl at the desk said it was late she would have to call someone.
After about 30 minutes a worker came, he took photos on his phone, made a call to I assume the manager.
I told him Hampton is one of my favorite locations, so as long as I could get another room, that would be fine.
He took me to another room. Before he left I asked me to follow me around while we looked again. No bugs in the bed, but some flying bugs around the lights and table lamps. Again-not a few.

So we ended up at another room and I did not relocate to another hotel.
He said, the front desk said-Don’t worry the manager will make an accommodation to you.

He never called during my stay.
After I left , he said “ we’ll do something for you”. We’ll add additional points to your account. I said fine. He said it would be 2-3 weeks.

On 8/24 I emailed him-no response
Called him on September 3rd, he said “it takes time, give it 2-3 weeks”.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cliff x
Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor.

Would you be able to email me the following information below:

Confirmation Number
Dates of stay
First and last name
Hilton Honors number

I would like to verifiy and check to make sure the points have been sent to your account.

You can email me directly at paul.perez4@hilton.com.

Thank you.

Paul Perez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Staff was nice and very helpful. However the general atmosphere and the proximity to "gentlemen's" clubs appears to have attracted at least a few unsavory elements. It is not an appealing atmosphere. Not up to Hampton's standards.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for taking the time to write your response on Trip Advisor!

I am sorry to hear that you felt uncomfortable during your stay, because of the "gentleman's club" that is on Westshore Boulevard. I can honestly say, we haven't have had any issues in the past in regards to the situation mentioned above. We do not advertise for them to our Hotel guests, but we do mention all the wonderful restaurants and shopping plaza's near our Hotel. We believe it is a personal choice if a guest decides to attend a gentleman's club or vice-versa, if they decide to stay at our Hotel; as long as guests are not being disturbed.

We hope that you will take this into consideration and will stay with us the next again the next time you are in Tampa.

Thank you.

paul.perez4@hilton.com
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Close to what we needed. Staff very friendly - Baths need updated. Food was good. Beds are great! I enjoyed the pool very much. Was there on a football weekend , so very loud and hard to get a table for B'fest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review!

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.

The Villages, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We like this hotel because they have a Park N Stay package for when we fly out of Tampa on our trips. This hotel is nice, clean and has all we need. They also have a shuttle bus to take you back and forth to airport or the mall, Walmart, etc. and you can be assured your car is safe.

1 Thank Sherry A
Thank you for taking the time to write your review!

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We are looking forward to the next time you are in Tampa. We hope that you will stay with us again!

Bay St. Louis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We drove in for the weekend to attend The Saints vs. Bucs game. We had a fabulous time. The hotel staff was great. The breakfast was very good and our favorite part was the hotel shuttle. Our driver was fun and helpful. The beds were very comfortable and our room stayed cold which we love. Trip was awesome and the Saints won so that made it even better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Santa Rita,GUAM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stay here August 22 after a long flight from Tokyo via Atlanta. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and the shower worked fine. When I left, I forgot my laundry bag with my travelers clothes on the floor of the closet. I realized the loss when I reached my destination in Crystal River, FL. I called the hotel, housekeeping was closed, and spoke with the front desk. They said they would pass my inquiry on to housekeeping and they would call me. The next week, I called again and spoke with Maria Garcia head of housekeeping. She found the lost bag in the logbook but didn't see it in the storage area. I stayed there Sept 18/19 and on check in told the desk staff about the missing laundry bag. They said they would take care of it and a couple of hours later called me the say the bag was at the front desk!! Maria had found it and put it aside in a safe place awaiting my return. I called her the next morning to thank her and she remarked, "This is your house." Employees like this are worth their weight in gold.

Room Tip: I've stayed there a few times and haven't had a noisy or uncomfortable room. I will say the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review!

I will be sure to pass along the compliments to Maria Garcia!

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed two nights and we paid very low, the location is closed to a nice mall a lot of good restaurant and to the causeway that goes to Clearwater

Linen was very clean, the room is carpeted but clean, it was just the a/c unit and the dehumidifier that were very noisy at night.

Good mattress and pillow; and nice quilt

The maid was very nice and attentive, the staff as well. Breakfast was simple but they ghave waffles, eggs, some pastries, yogurt and hot coffee. Good start for the day.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review!

I do want to apologize for the inconvinence in regards to the Dehumdifier and A/C. Next time, if you stay with us, we can remove the dehumdifer or turn it off for your arrival.