Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore
Ranked #35 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
A TripAdvisor Member
“Hotel”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Drove through flooded streets to get there, but the hotel was very good. Opted for park and fly. Our shuttle driver was exceptional. Arrived late and left early for a flight and desk clerk made sure to let us know there was a bag breakfast available as we would be leaving before the regular breakfast was served.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review in regards to our Hotel!

We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Tampa and Hampton Inn Tampa Airport!

Thank you for staying with us!

Paul Perez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Ft. Lauderdale, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel accommodations and staff were fine. Nothing was poor or bad, other than the stiffness of the mattress. This hotel is a fair value and in a convenient location. I would stay there again, but I wouldn't pay more than $99.95/night plus fees - I'd go to a newer hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review in regards to your stay with us!

I would have been a little more satisfied if there was something that stood out about your stay that was above and beyond what any other Hotel would do. We are always open to suggestions, so please don't hesitate to run anything by me that could have made your stay exceptional.

Fayetteville, United States
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This Hampton Inn is a great place to stay. I was greeted warmly and my Hilton status was acknowledged. The room was beautiful and the bed was so inviting. I loved the bathroom, especially the sink design. I took a picture to see if my husband could duplicate it in one of our small bathrooms. The staff was great. I went to breakfast with not much time remaining, but the chef/worker was very gracious and let me take all the time I needed. The breakfast was wonderful and the area was clean and well cared for. The grounds were beautiful, well manicured and landscaped with flowers and ground cover.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write your review in regards to your stay with us!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Tampa and Hampton Inn Tampa Airport Westshore!

I will be sure to pass along all the compliments to my Staff!

Sarasota, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I hesitate to write a review on Tripadvisor because I'm afraid I won't be able to get a room when I need it. Everyone at this hotel was GREAT! You should be proud to have them working at Hampton.. The shuttle to the Tampa Airport was fast and picked us up within 10 minutes of my call. Jennifer at the desk was especially efficient, empathetic, customer service friendly and just displayed a sweet personality to the guests. My wife and I will be back!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review about our Hotel! I will be sure to pass along the compliments to my Staff and Jennifer!

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Tampa and the Hampton Inn Tampa Airport Westshore!

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here the night before a flight from Tampa Airport. Were able to leave our car parked (under a shady tree) in a well lit area. The hotel is so close to the airport with the shuttle running every 30 minutes to and very little wait when we called to return. All staff were very friendly and welcoming! Will definitely stay here again when flying out of Tampa!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful review in regards to our Hotel!

We believe in 100% guest satisfaction and nothing less for our guests that stay with us. We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Tampa and the Hampton Inn Tampa Airport Westshore!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I know when I booked this that for the price I wouldn't be getting a 5 star resort BUT I've stayed at many Hampton Inn's before and this one, by far, was the most disappointing. Normally this star level hotels can still be ok due to the parent company's standards but I had to rate this one lower. Here's why: Ants were crawling on our nightstand, the floor all around the in-room a/c unit was completely wet, and they put a de-humidifier by it (instead of fixing the problem). The de-humidifier ran all day and all night, ALL night. Turning on and off, making it difficult to fall asleep. By the time we woke in the morning, the bucket was full, humidity in the room was at 90% and it shut off. The a/c in several hallways weren't working either, so it was very warm and humid in the hallways. The staff weren't very apologetic when I told them what happened, and just said they would report it to the manager. I would not recommend this hotel, stay at any of the other nearby airport hotels for only a small price increase - it's worth it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank boydsa
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us....

I do want to take the time to sincerely apologize about the incidences that occured at the Hotel while you stayed with us....I will be looking into this matter with our Housekeeping and Engineering Staff and will take the proper actions to resolve these issues.

We hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in Tampa. I can guarantee the issues you mentioned above will not happen again.

Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel is in a great location if you have an early flight to catch the next morning. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful providing so many extras. The breakfast is great and transportation to and from the airport is very efficient and quick. It is an older hotel but the staff more than make up for that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your stay with us!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel the next time you are in Tampa!