“Value for money - Hampton Inn Tampa-Airport/Westshore”

Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore
Ranked #35 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Oslo, Norway
“Value for money - Hampton Inn Tampa-Airport/Westshore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel is situated very close to the Airport and also very close to the Westshore shopping mall and a couple of restaurants near by - A Spanish restaurant is available next door and they offer breakfast and lunch. The breakfast at Hampton Inn is very good and complimentary coffee is available 24/7 for the guests. Staffs are very friendly, knowledgeable and seems enjoy their work. Free shuttle to airport and to places upto 5 miles around.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments in regards to your stay with us!

I will make sure I pass along the comments to my Staff. We look forward to welcoming you back into Tampa for your next stay!

Paul Perez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Scottsdale, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

There is only one Hampton Inn that I have stayed at that was worse than this one. It is old and rundown. It needs refurbishing. It was in a seedy part of town. I would not stay here again. I wanted a convenient place not too far from the airport, but did not realize it was in such a poor area of town.

1 Thank Carol Ann S
Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hello Carol Ann -

First and foremost, I do want to thank you for choosing our Hotel for your recent stay!

I am sorry that you feel the way you do about our location and our Hotel. Actually, we are in a very good location in Tampa. We are located in the heart of the Westshore Business District, which has a wonderful reputation in the Tampa Bay area. Also, we are sandwiched inbetween 2 shopping malls; which have stores such as Saks Fifith Avenue, Dillards, JCPenny, Macy's and many more - within a 5 mile radius of our Hotel, we have over 200 shopping and dinning options to choose from!

As far as the Hotel, we may not be a brand new Hotel, but we do pride ourselves in our guest service, cleanliness and our impecable reputation in the Tampa Bay area for having the best Hospitality in the industry. We are planning to renovate our rooms, hopefully, by the end of the year. We do hope you will give us another chance to meet your expections!

Thank you for taking the time to write your review in regards to your visit with us.

Davenport, IA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

This Hampton Inn was a good choice. Not fancy, but clean, comfortable, safe, and the staff was helpful & courteous. Only drawback is not very many eating places nearby for lunch & dinner. Convenient location to get around the city in any direction. Just off I-4 for east-west driving, close to the interchange w/I-275 for north-south driving. About 5 minutes to Ybor City.

Dear Joseph -

Thank you so much for your feedback in regards to your stay with us! I will be sure to pass along the compliments to our Staff!

I did want to mention that our Front Desk Agent should have mentioned to you that we have over 200 shopping and dinning options within a 5 mile radius of our Hotel. We are sandwiched inbetween 2 large shopping malls and are located in the heart of the Westshore Business District. We offer 24/7 compliemtary shuttle service within a 3 mile radius - we would be more than happy to take you to any restaurant of your choosing! :-)

We hope the next time you are in Tampa, you will choose Hampton Inn Tampa Airport Westshore!

Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Tampa!

Pensacola, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Very clean hotel and grounds Friendly staff Shuttle service from airport to hotel..short 15 minute wait Breakfast was hot and tasty Clean rooms would definitely go back to this hotel very affordable pricing

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review in regards to your stay with us! I am happy to hear that we are able to meet your accommodations.

We hope that the next time you are in Tampa, you will choose our Hotel!

Thank you.

paul.perez4@hilton.com
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the end of our week long trip to Florida as it was near the airport. I used HHonors points to get a free night and my parents booked a room separately. We arrived at the hotel and the front desk staff was very polite and helpful (definitely above average compared to other properties I've stayed at) in getting us rooms near to each other, across the hall in our case. Unfortunately, neither of us were able to get our room keys to work. I've stayed at hotels enough to know the quirks of the keycards, but I couldn't get any of it to work. A trip to the front desk resulted in being assigned new rooms. This time we got the keys to work, I still don't know whether something was wrong with the encoding or if it was my own error, but we were on our way.

My daughter wanted to use the pool, and we found that there were quite a few bugs and debris on the top of the pool. I don't know when they had skimmed it last, but TS Andrea had passed through the area the day before so I give the benefit of the doubt on this. It wasn't a big deal but it was noticeable.

I was a little concerned about how much air traffic noise we would hear, but we were on the top floor (6th) and I heard no airplanes at all from inside our room.

Breakfast the next morning was good, although I could tell some of the hot items had been sitting out for a while - french toast sticks were hardening for example. The person working the breakfast area was also extremely polite and helpful, and made our stay more enjoyable. Overall it was a good visit. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your response! We know that there are plenty of choices when it comes to deciding on accommodations for family and yourself - we appreciate you choosing Hampton Inn Tampa Airport Westshore!

I do want to apologize in regards to the issues with the key cards. They do tend to wipe out the code if you put them next to a cell phone, credit card or anything electronic or magnetic. However, I was delighted to see that we were able to accommodate you and your family by switching rooms. Also, I will be looking into the issue of the breakfast food items being sat out too long.

I will be sure to pass along all the wonderful comments to our Staff!

We hope the next time you are in Tampa, you will come back and stay with us!

Thank you!

Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

The staff was all particularly helpful. Excellent value for the price. Very clean and comfortable! Never had a dehumidifier in the room before and it was definitely needed. We used the shuttle service in several contexts - very handy because they will take you anywhere in a 3 mile radius.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your terrific review of our Hotel! I will be sure to pass along the compliments to our Housekeeping Staff!

If you are ever in the Tampa area in the future, we hope that you will choose our Hotel We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Tampa!

Thank you!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The service was better here than the more expensive Hilton property in St. Petersburg! Joe saw I was struggling and helped me with my bags, made sure i was ok and pointed out the to-go breakfast for me So nice.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback in regards to your stay with us! We are so luck to have Joe apart of our Hampton Inn Team - I will be sure to pass along the compliments to him!

On behalf of Hampton Inn Tampa Airport Westshore and myself, thank you for choosing our Hotel! We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Tampa!