“Close to airport”

Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore
Ranked #26 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great place to stay. The staff were wonderfully nice regardless of their job. Great suttle, Will & Jose were great to take you to the mall or back to the airport. Kiki who was working at breakfast was very helpful and nice.
Sorry all these other folks had issues. I will stay here again on future trips!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for staying with us. We appreciate you choosing our Hampton Inn. I am glad that our associates made an impression and that you remember their name. We love to demonstrate our Hamptonality. We hope you choose our hotel again when you are back in the Tampa area.

Thanks again,
Paul Perez

Write a ReviewReviews (1,062)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent one night at this Hampton Inn on Nov 2, 2012. The hotel does show a bit of age, but it didn't effect our stay. Property is clean, efficient, and was a great bargain on Hotwire. The thing that made our stay a pleasure was the wonderful staff. Every young woman that I had contact with was sweet, charming, and I totallly enjoyed my interaction with them. I'm an early riser and my husband is not, so I spent a couple of hours in the lobby enjoying their breakfast selection. It has a really nice vibe, and the staff was consistently pleasant with all the interactions that I witnessed. The airport shuttle was at our disposal, and we were very pleased with the whole experience.

Room Tip: King with a sofa bed was fine for two people, but would be tight for more than a couple of little ki...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank susanwkay

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your kind words about our staff. We pride ourselves in our hospitality. I will pass on the compliments to our staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Only thing nice about this place it the lobby. Lobby nice---rooms look like 20 year old never remodeled Holiday Inn rooms. It's a shame because this hotel is in a good location for the airport.
Rooms--they have some sort of alternate air conditioner/dehumidifer contraption in the room, as well as they normal wall air conditioner. Have no clue what this extra box in the room did while taking up valuable space. I thought it was an extra AC and had two units droning all night long. My co-worker had one in his room, and he thinks it was a dehumidifer. What is up with the thing in my room??? Should have taken a photo, but sorry, I did not think about it.
Do not stay here. Lobby will fool you. I would have left but I was only staying one night.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel for a nice room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JOHNRECERT
Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear JohnRecert,

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the air conditioning unit. In addition to the air conditioning unit, we have a humidier in the room to help alleviate any unnecessary humidity. We’re looking into the issue and your comments will help us to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again for a much better visit.

Thanks,

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I am sure this is hotel is typically quite fine to stay in but unfortunately the day we checked in the air conditioning unit for the building was not working. After a long drive to the hotel and in the pouring rain we arrived at the Hampton Inn Westshore and after an uneventful check-in noticed the large A/C units set up in the hallway and major humidity throughout the builiding. No one had told us when we checked that the A/C was not working. Due to the rain it was not going to be fixed that day, we later found out. Our room had a unit set up in the hallway just outside the door and an additional unit on the floor of the room chugging away. The noise from the systems made it hard to sleep and the humidity was still an issue. Our flight was at 4:30 a.m. so we persevered! Unplugging the noisy unit in our room with only the room A/C going made for increased humidity. Upon checkout at 4 a.m. I am sure the front desk clerk could see we had a hard night and she asked if everything was okay and we said we were unable to sleep due to the humidity. No credit or discount was offered but we were provided with a form to fill out to write out our concerns. I indicated I did not have time to this but would like to talk to the manager and was given Paul [--]'s business card. The van shuttle to the airport was great and the driver was very pleasant and helpful, showing us the breakfast area and encouraged us to take some food for the flight. I sent two emails to Mr. Paul [--] (1-631-877-0169)and my husband was sent a questionnaire online about our experience but we did not hear back from the hotel.
We often stay at Hampton Inn's and were disappointed with not being told at checkin that the A/C was not working, with no discount or credit for $109/nt room and no response from the manager following two emails. This hotel is a great location for flying out of Tampa Airport but there are lots of other hotel choices steps away which likely would guarantee appropriate room conditions. Thank you to the airport shuttle driver (Mr. [--]) who was very kind and sincere and seemed very well suited to a management job himself.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thesisgirl
Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

We apologize for the quality of services you received during your recent stay. We have fixed the malfunctioning air conditioning unit in the hallway but I apologize that the issue was not resolved sooner. I’m disappointed to hear that you did not have a good night’s sleep. We will work with our maintenance team to ensure our units are in proper condition and hope you will consider staying with us at again the next time you return to the area. Please contact me directly, as Satisfaction Guaranteed is our policy.

Thanks so much,
Paul Perez,

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were looking for a clean, comfortable value hotel for a 1 night stay in Tampa before our cruise and Hampton Inn delivered. Ample parking, free breakfast, free wi-fi. Great location for airport and Raymond James Stadium (we walked). The only thing I would say is restaurant options close by are limited and no room service is available. we ended up ordering a pizza in! Friendly front desk staff. They also have a free airport shuttle which is a bonus.

Allison,

Thanks so much for the great information on our hotel. We certainly appreciate your comments. I am glad you had a positive experience with us and hope that you will keep us in mind when your travels bring you back to Tampa Bay.

Have a great day,

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had an excellent experience with this hotel. We booked it on the spur, hours beforehand, because we wanted a place to stay at 2am before we boarded the cruise ship out of Tampa. The rate for the hotel was $115, including tax, including parking for the entire 5 days, including hot breakfast & including shuttle to the pier. Seriously? Yes! Seriously!

The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable (what more do you need), the staff at 2am was just as accommodating as possible, following me with the luggage cart TO my parking place. Wow. I think he would have parked my car FOR me if I would have thought of it! LOL.

The staff in the breakfast the next morning was awesome. She took ownership of the entire dealeo, asking me how I liked "her" breakfast. I don't remember her name but she was from Australia and supremely nice.

When we picked our car up 5 days later, they were quick to offer us coffee &/or tea or whatever from the reception area. I used the lobby restroom, of which there is one, and it was spotless. We could not have been happier.

The ONLY word of caution I would make a comment on is that we parked our car in the first parking slot, next to a bush, and half way home we had to vacuum for ants as they had made a next inside the door, just outside the jam. When we opened the door, they were all over the place. I want to stress, this was NOT the hotel's fault, it's just a Florida thing and could not have been helped unless we parked somewhere down the line for 5 days. It's all good, just park not next to a bush if you go.

Oh, and please note going in that for the Park & Sail deal (or whatever they call it) you do NOT get a ride back to the Hotel from the pier. No biggie for us as we had friends that would drive us and even if you have to take a taxi, it's only 6 miles from the pier. Just know that before you book and you'll be just fine.

We totally intend to go back. Parking at the pier was $75 for the 5 days and for all we got by staying at Hampton, it was practical as well as enjoyable and efficient. We are patting ourselves on the back for making such a great choice.

Dear guest,

Thanks so much for the positive feedback on our hotel. I hate to hear that the ants got into your car! I will definitely pass the compliments on to Maria, our breakfast attendant. Thanks again and please let us know if you have any other needs in Tampa.

Sincerley,

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was our second stay in two months at this Hampton Inn and we will stay again when we visit next time. As others have stated it is an older hotel but we found it to be clean not only in our room but in the public areas as well.
We did not have a loud de-humidifier or air conditioning. De-humidifiers are very common for the Florida area but not so much for us up North so I could see the family from Maryland being surprised to see one in the room.
The hotel is very close to two malls and many restaurants. I will recommend this hotels to others when they travel to Tampa.

Dear Lisa,

Thanks so much for the kind words about our hotel. I am glad that you had a good stay with us. We pride ourselves on our hospitality and hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the Tampa Bay area.

Thanks again,