Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore
$209
$199
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$178
$136
$85
$72
1,093 results
All reviewsshuttle serviceroom was cleantampa international airportolive gardenwithin a mile radiusnext morningcruise portrental carcomplimentary breakfastfront desk stafffree shuttleconvenient locationgreat roomone night staynice staytpajennifer
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had an excellent experience with this hotel. We booked it on the spur, hours beforehand, because we wanted a place to stay at 2am before we boarded the cruise ship out of Tampa. The rate for the hotel was $115, including tax, including parking for the entire 5 days, including hot breakfast & including shuttle to the pier. Seriously? Yes! Seriously!

The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable (what more do you need), the staff at 2am was just as accommodating as possible, following me with the luggage cart TO my parking place. Wow. I think he would have parked my car FOR me if I would have thought of it! LOL.

The staff in the breakfast the next morning was awesome. She took ownership of the entire dealeo, asking me how I liked "her" breakfast. I don't remember her name but she was from Australia and supremely nice.

When we picked our car up 5 days later, they were quick to offer us coffee &/or tea or whatever from the reception area. I used the lobby restroom, of which there is one, and it was spotless. We could not have been happier.

The ONLY word of caution I would make a comment on is that we parked our car in the first parking slot, next to a bush, and half way home we had to vacuum for ants as they had made a next inside the door, just outside the jam. When we opened the door, they were all over the place. I want to stress, this was NOT the hotel's fault, it's just a Florida thing and could not have been helped unless we parked somewhere down the line for 5 days. It's all good, just park not next to a bush if you go.

Oh, and please note going in that for the Park & Sail deal (or whatever they call it) you do NOT get a ride back to the Hotel from the pier. No biggie for us as we had friends that would drive us and even if you have to take a taxi, it's only 6 miles from the pier. Just know that before you book and you'll be just fine.

We totally intend to go back. Parking at the pier was $75 for the 5 days and for all we got by staying at Hampton, it was practical as well as enjoyable and efficient. We are patting ourselves on the back for making such a great choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear guest,

Thanks so much for the positive feedback on our hotel. I hate to hear that the ants got into your car! I will definitely pass the compliments on to Maria, our breakfast attendant. Thanks again and please let us know if you have any other needs in Tampa.

Sincerley,

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was our second stay in two months at this Hampton Inn and we will stay again when we visit next time. As others have stated it is an older hotel but we found it to be clean not only in our room but in the public areas as well.
We did not have a loud de-humidifier or air conditioning. De-humidifiers are very common for the Florida area but not so much for us up North so I could see the family from Maryland being surprised to see one in the room.
The hotel is very close to two malls and many restaurants. I will recommend this hotels to others when they travel to Tampa.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Lisa,

Thanks so much for the kind words about our hotel. I am glad that you had a good stay with us. We pride ourselves on our hospitality and hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the Tampa Bay area.

Thanks again,
Paul Perez,

Reviewed September 17, 2012

First time to stay at this location. Friendly staff and a good location but this place could use a makeover. It's an older location with the smaller rooms. Lots of restaurants and a big mall close by. They do have a pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper level.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear BFchef,

Thanks for your input on our hotel. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience here at our hotel. We make a strong effort to make each guest feel at home while staying with us. Please let us know if you are in the Tampa Bay area again.

Thanks,

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I travel every week for work and stay in Hampton Inns frequently. This is an older hotel greatly in need of repairs ... I had trouble with a leaky shower and called the front desk. Maintenance came to look at it but never fixed it... I called back several times over my 4 night stay and this was never repaired. I was over looked for housekeeping as well. I requested housekeeping come in the early afternoon , but when I returned from work I found that my room was never clean up or was I given fresh towels. To say the least, I will not be returning to this hotel .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JoshHel
Paul P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the shower not working in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. We have also addressed our housekeeping staff, and we again apologize for the lack of service you received. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area.

Thanks,

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Hotel is an older Hampton Inn design and the rooms are quite small: two doubles, a desk and the dresser/armoire/TV/micro/fridge unit pretty much fill the room. That unit is less than two feet from the edge of the bed. Four of us (two adults, two kids) stayed four days and it definitely got a little cramped with time.

Staff was very friendly - always a "hello" or "good morning," opening doors, keeping breakfast open for a few extra minutes to let the family grab something before checking out, etc. I think Hamptons are training staff in the Ritz Carlton/Four Seasons routine (always acknowledge guests) but it works very nicely here.

Quirks: a dehumidifier in each room is odd. A/C is older window units. Thankfully this is controlled from a real thermostat on the wall so it keeps a good temperature, but they are quite loud. As mentioned above, no real closet, just an armoire that sticks out into the room stealing precious space.

Small exercise room (treadmill, cycle, and elliptical) but new equipment. Typical Hampton styling/furnishings otherwise.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for the feedback on our hotel. I am glad that our staff impressed you. We strive to be number one in hospitality. Please let us know if you are ever back in the Tampa Bay area.

Have a great day,