New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Best part of this hotel is the staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
Ranked #23 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
“Best part of this hotel is the staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I travel quite often and have the option to stay at any hotel in Tampa. The USF Embassy Suites Hotel has been my "go-to" for over a year now! From the moment you walk in and meet the front desk personnel such as Alexis, R.J., Lee, & Ryan you will understand that this hotel makes you feel like part of a family. As I'm here work and conduct interviews with University of South Florida Students inside the "atrium" area of the hotel, they have always been accommodating providing us with copies, office supplies, and anything else we need to have a successful business trip! Any time I've had an issue (such as lack of wifi in one of the rooms during a stay) Alexis simply said, "come on down and I'll get you a new room right away!"

On one occasion I recall returning from a long work day. I walked through my hotel room door and saw on the table in our room a plate of crackers with a note that said "check the fridge." I opened the fridge and found cheese, fruit, and even two beers! The hotel staff had surprised my co-worker and I simply because "they wanted to." It was unbelievable. They earned our loyalty that day alone.

The managers reception (free drinks and snacks which are often more than simply chips and dip, last night was sliders and mini-hot dogs) is fantastic. The gym facility is always clean and much larger than most hotels I stay at. I'm able to get my morning run in and then head over and grab the made to order (or buffet) breakfast where Tyrone will make you whatever your heart desires.

I know this must sound like a fake post. However, I assure you I'm reviewing this hotel because they simply deserve it. Herman the security manager and Leslie the new hotel manager even go out of their way to say hello. The staff goes the extra mile and deserves the positive feedback.

Keep up the good work!

• 5 of 5 stars
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear Ben D,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of Alexis, RJ, Ryan, Lee, Tyrone and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Scott Selvaggi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

The hotel located in north Tampa within USF campus is a great find and value. Not only is their team very hospitable, they go the extra mile. I witnessed their Director of Sales, Joyce Turner, not only greet guests at the front desk, but check them into their rooms, call for transportation, help them to the elevator and provide hugs. Truly a team approach to everything.

As for sleeping... the rooms are suites so you have room to move around and then some and not only are their beds cozy and comfortable... their room service is awesome. There is much talent within this hotel.

If you find yourself up in north Tampa and want to find a great hotel - Embassy Suites USF is the perfect place.

Room Tip: away from the elevator banks and usually quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear dlk05,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of Joyce and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Nice complimentary breakfast (but the pancakes & waffles appeared to be frozen microwave type & not freshly made in the kitchen), but go early as later times present with large crowds. Some décor was worn, but clean. Front desk (D. from Brooklyn), housekeeping, and kitchen staff (especially Gloria) were great. Hotel was filled with sports teams, and some kind of convention, but overall did not seem to present any problems. I had sixth floor room that was quiet. I had a view of the campus and not the amusement park. The sheets were thin and paper-like noisy. I am all for saving money for light bulbs, but several appeared to be either burnt-out or the light switches were not hooked up to anything. The refrigerator temp control knob was totally broken off (but did keep my things cool) and was unbalanced as all my cans would roll out when the door was opened. Nice shuttle service. Hotel located in quiet neighborhood. I used my own Wi-fi hot spot.

• 3 of 5 stars
Dear nittanylionctr,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a review.

We are proud of Dalis and Gloria and I will share your comments with them.

Thank you again for the review and the detailed feedback. I will use your comments to make us better.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I use ES for hosting our corporate guests. The Sales staff, Jennifer Grawunde in particular, is amazing to work with. The overall staff are great to work with. We have had several times when guests have either changed plans or shown up unexpectedly and ES is always able to assist us. Their shuttle has saved us several times when we are in a pinch due to weather. I would recommend this ES location to anyone!

Dear evelnadj,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of Jennifer and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Weston, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I hosted an event at the USF gym and our players stayed at the Embassy suites. The staff went above and beyond to make the stay A+!! Jennifer and her staff were very helpful and nice. We felt like we were at home. Although it was not part of our contract the shuttle took a few players back and forth from the gym (it turned out to be a pretty long walk and there was a lot of rain that weekend) it was so thoughtful and everyone really appreciated them doing that for us! I will stay here again for sure!

Dear juldinda,

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Hotel: This is a very nice embassy suite, the rooms are well appointed and kept clean. The bed was comfortable in the King room we had. Had a air conditioning rattle when the system turned on the first night and maintenance came and fixed it that morning that I reported it and left a note. Did I mention it was Sunday morning?
The public areas are decorated nicely. The breakfast / refreshment area is well designed and handles a moderate crowd.

The reservations: We were part of a room block that was set up through their sales manager Jennifer. the reservation process went smoothly for the group and everything was well taken care of. All questions were answered as we went through the group reservation process to our satisfaction.

I would stay here again when I travel to this area. It is a good hotel for families and for business travel .

Room Tip: Busch gardens fireworks can be seen from south facing rooms.
    • 5 of 5 stars
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear laptopjob,

Fortuna, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed for 8 nights this summer while on business. The staff and management is clearly focused on customer service. The room was clean, the breakfast and hospitality faire was excellent and varied, and my cabs were always waiting. My only complaint would be that a couple of the machines in the workout room were in disrepair.

Dear S B,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Thank you again for the review and for the feedback regarding our fitness equipment.