“Rooms need updating” 4 of 5 bubbles

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
Ranked #26 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
“Rooms need updating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

First off from the time I called to make my reservation til the day I checked out the service was Top Notch. Raphael *RJ* was the absolute best. Alexis did a Great job as well assisting with any needs we had. The bad thing about the hotel was the furniture. Needs major upgrading. Thank you Raphael for making my first trip to Tampa a good one.

Jason Smith.. room 728
4/10-4/13

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 4 star review! I truly appreciate your feedback.

We are proud of RJ, Alexis, and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Scott Selvaggi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed here for a quick, impromptu trip to Busch Gardens with our 4 children. Our flight was delayed which meant we did not arrive at the hotel until midnight. Bert, the night manager, greeted us with a smile and genuine welcome--much appreciated with this weary group! Our room had 2 beds in the bedroom then a door that separated the room with a bathroom and the outer/ living room with a mini kitchen, sofa bed, table, and TV. We choose to let the kids have the bedroom and we slept on the pull out sofa. I was not excited to sleep on the sofa bed but was very surprised that it was comfortable! The maids had included an extra blanket under the sheets so the roll bar was not a hindrance. Breakfast was plentiful, with made to order omelets and eggs, cereals, juices, rolls, bacon, pancakes, and fruit. It was filling and included in the room price, very nice! We asked about the shuttle to the park, and were escorted to the pick up area and taken over within 10 minutes. The driver was very nice and talked to the kids about the rides and what fun was in store for them. When we were ready to leave we called the shuttle driver and he met us outside the gates. We did not have to wait at all.
All in all, this hotel offered friendly and efficient staff, comfortable accommodations, and plentiful food. We would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review! I truly appreciate your feedback.

We are proud of Burt and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Parrish, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great facility for a conference! Suites are very spacious with Micro, fridge and sink. The staff couldn't do enough for you and the room was very comfortable. I liked that breakfast is included in the room rate.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 18, 2014

Conyers, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Was there with a group for a cheer competition...what a wonderful stay. The breakfast every morning was great. The room was extremely comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and so accommodating. We used the hotel shuttle for everything....we never had to move our vehicle for anything. It's in a great location...less than a mile from Busch Gardens. Thumbs up to Sales Manager, Jennifer Cancho, for making sure we were taken care of.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are proud of Jennifer and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Tallahassee, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I love Embassy Suites. Their free breakfast is second to none, and I usually enjoy the free happy hour (manager's reception). I like that they still have smoking rooms, and it's nice to have that living room/kitchen area.
All of that is present here, but... the front desk is so disorganized. Came here for a three-day meeting for work. I tried to check in at 1:00 p.m.. No dice. Also no huge deal, since I did request a smoking room that apparently hadn't been vacated. So I went to work and came back at 4:00, still no dice. At 5:00 they checked me in, took my credit card, and gave me keys. Housekeeper in my room. Still no big deal. I just let her do her thing for ten minutes while I got settled. I'm really not that hard to please.
The next morning I found a paper under my door saying that there was an issue with my account and that I should see the front desk. I went down to the meeting room for a few hours, and when I came back I was evicted. My room key didn't work, because they'd deactivated it. I had to get perp-walked up to the room immediately under staff supervision to retrieve my credit card, and they stood in the doorway while I did it.
I was there with a large group under an essentially limitless bankroll. There should have never been any doubt that we'd pay our bills. I'm not bragging that I'm rich, because I certainly am not, but my employer's credit could have easily paid to buy and raze the entire hotel.
I just wonder how well the average tourist would fare. This place needs serious help front and center. But they did have Amberbock on tap for the happy hour, which is a little better than the "Bud or Bud Light" offered by most Embassys. Kudos for that.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a review. I truly appreciate your feedback.

I will share your comments with our team so we may continue to improve. This is not the service that we consistently deliver. I welcome a phone call from you to share any additional thoughts or feedback you may have.

I would hope you would give us another chance. We would like you to choose us again when visiting the Tampa Bay area.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

For the past 4 years our Woman's Club has held our fundraiser here. We have a ballroom full of vendors and a lovely lunch in the atrium. Ladies shop and enjoy lunch and have a great girls day out here. The Management and staff are very easy to work with and accommodate all our needs. The staff on the day of the event are extremely helpful and attentive to every detail. As chairperson, it was such a relief to know everything would be exactly as planned and run smoothly. Great Job!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 15, 2014

miami florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Easy checkin in on Fri April 4th. was there for a group event. Room very comfortable. living suite, and 2 double beds as requsted. Room nice and cold. Room had fridge/micro/ coffee maker for 2 cups at a time. very nice. Breakfast ...and i mean full bfast included. Bacon, sausage, omlettes, cereal. Very nice. Service was excellent in the entire hotel.

Room Tip: we were on a corner, which was nice.