“Not much bang for the buck!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
Ranked #27 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Youngsville, N.Y., United States
“Not much bang for the buck!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Beautiful facility and great breakfast buffet. All personnel very courteous and helpful. However, no free internet in room and cleanliness could be improved. Very expensive for value received, but I imagine location dictates the price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a review. I truly appreciate your feedback.

I will share your comments with my team so we may continue to improve. I welcome a phone call from you to share any additional thoughts or feedback you may have.

We would like you to choose us again when visiting the Tampa Bay area.

Scott Selvaggi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Thomasville
Reviewed April 9, 2014

First the positives. Location is the best thing Embassy Suites has to offer. If visiting Busch Gardens or USF, this is a good choice. The included breakfast from 6:30 - 9:30 offers variety and plenty of table space. Now for the negatives. The hotel is significantly more expensive than similar area hotels. Knowing that in advance, one would rightfully expect (and deserve) better service/accommodations. Check in was quick although no one was present to help with luggage. Upon entering the room, an odor was present, we noticed the wallpaper borders peeling, two dirty glasses were left on an end table and next to the ice bucket from prior guests. The bedroom trashcan contained used tissues and the bedroom phone did not work. The furniture was dusty everywhere but on the very top. After contacting the front desk, they sent up clean glasses and had someone empty the trash. We then headed down to the pool which was heated. I called before going to check on towels and was told they were available poolside. After swimming with the kids for a bit, we saw no towels were on the rack near the back of the pool. The only phone placed a call to room service and they would not help. Thankfully, another guest happened by and was able to contact the front desk by cell phone to have towels brought. 15 minutes later a staffer brought 6 for the rack (of which we used 4). Next, we tried the wifi. We had an iPhone 5, Samsung galaxy IV, nexus 7, and iPad with us. None of the devices would stay connected due to the weak signal in the dining area, our room, or the common area. I used the 4G connection on my phone instead. For 9 dollars a day, the wifi should work. The front desk was little help only offering to assist with the login process. Not to harp on the room, but that evening I noticed the shower fixtures were separating from the tub wall, a sizeable crack/hole was present in the tub corner, and twice during my 5 minute shower the water dwindled to a trickle for several seconds before the water pressure picked up again. Finally, we received an added bill at the end of our stay for parking. 5 dollars per night. Our next trip to Tampa will be spent at another hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I will share your comments with them so we may continue to improve. This is not the product or service that we consistently deliver. I welcome a phone call from you to share any additional thoughts or feedback you may have.

I would hope you would give us another chance. We would like you to choose us again when visiting the Tampa Bay area.

Hollywood, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Best trip I had to Tampa thanks to Embassy Suites. The location was beautiful and the hotel was wonderful. I always hated Tampa until I stayed there. My room was very spacious, well lit and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was WAY more than a typical complimentary "toast and cereal" kind of breakfast. It was the works! Great value and great service. Fastest elevators in a long time, too, and enough of them to serve a 400 person function like we had. Adequate restroom facilities near the meeting space, as well. Really enjoyed the weekend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review! I truly appreciate your feedback.

We are proud of our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We had a banquet here on Saturday April 5th and the wait staff was great. Jake Crandall was excellent in making sure we had everything we need. We had a great experience and the food was fantastic. Would recommend it for any event!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are proud of Jake our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

We hope you choose us again when meeting in Tampa Bay!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was in charge of booking a large group of students and faculty attending a conference at USF at the Embassy Suites Hotel near Busch Gardens. Jennifer Cancho Grawunde and her staff were wonderful. They did everything they said they would and more. Our students loved the hotel too. Great experience for them. Hope to stay there again soon. Thank you to Ermy Rosales and Mireya Llanos as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are proud of Jennifer, Mireya, Ermy and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night after being at Busch Gardens all day. Happy hour had drinks, meatballs, and snacks for kids. Their breakfast attendants were so kind and courteous and the omelet station was the best!! Close to Longhorns for dinner also!

Stayed March 2014
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are proud of our entire team and I will share your comments with them. I am happy you and your family enjoyed the evening reception and the free cooked-to-order breakfast!

Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We experienced exceptional customer service at this hotel. Each staff member we encountered provided nothing but the highest level of service. The suites are beautifully maintained and smelled absolutely terrific and clean when entering them. The Manager's reception in the evening and the morning breakfast was very nice. The pool/hot tub were nice and although we didn't use the fitness center it appeared to be in great condition and was being used by other customers. It is minutes from Busch Gardens, which was nice after a long day walking around the park and was also close to many resturants and shopping. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone searching on-line for a room such as we did. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are proud of our entire team and I will share your comments with them.