Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
Ranked #27 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Parrish, Florida
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

When I checked it I was informed I could not use a business check to pay for the stay, though I have never had any problem at the numerous other Embassy Suites where I have stayed. What bothered me though was that the front desk employee had to walk back to talk with a manager about this, but the manager never bothered to walk out of his/her office to explain the policy to me. I could live with this Embassy Suites having a different policy than many others, but felt they could have at least walked out of the office to talk with me personally. Then, when I got to my room I found hair in the bathroom that had not been removed when the room was cleaned. Overall, it just proved to be a disappointing say and it is highly unlikely I will return to this property when back in Tampa for another conference.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a review. I truly appreciate your feedback.

Scott Selvaggi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Had my wedding reception 20 years ago in an Embassy Suites so I usually love them; this one however we will never go back to! As new USF parents we chose it as it was super close, and its breakfast was rated much better than surrounding hotels-what a mistake. Yep, I agree with Seth R; the worst nights sleep thanks to an extremely loud A/C that froze my daughter in the sofa area of the room while we were hot in the other part-getting up 3X to adjust the temp and we usually have it set at 74 in Fort Lauderdale, but even 68 couldn't cool off our room here. Had to call the front desk for wash cloths and the loud noise going on late in the atrium,( and we were on the 6th floor!) The yellowed tub mat, and large piece of cracked/missing tile in the bathroom showed the lack of upkeep-it's all about the atrium and its beautiful plants etc. When I told the woman at the front desk the next morning, she simply wrote down the problems- never even so much as apologized for the horrible nights sleep. Many hotel nights will be spent visiting, moving her in and out, over the next 4 years while my daughter is in school here; never again at this poorly managed property.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else; if it says the breakfast is bad at another hotel there is a Dunkin Donuts and Perk...
1 Thank Cheryl965
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 24, 2014

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is the fifth time I have used this hotel for various business meetings. Sara Meadows does a wonderful job in setting up the conference rooms, tweaking the breakfast and lunch menus to meet our guests needs and having the staff at our beck and call. Everyone from the technical guru to the meal servers has been absolutely wonderful. When he had an immediate need, it was handled efficiently and promptly. When lunch was ready, but we were not, staff members stood guard over the buffett line to make sure that others did not help themselves. We had guests staying overnight and their rooms were wonderful. I would definetly recommend this location for future business meetings. In fact, I have another one scheduled for later this year. Thank you Sara and Embassy Suites for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review! I truly appreciate your feedback.

We are proud of Sara and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

chicago
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I can't thank this hotel for all they did to make us comfortable during our stay. Thanks to Amanda in reservations for making everything right with our accommendations and stay. I would recommend this hotel for business travelers to the USF area with shuttle available to areas within 3 miles of the hotel. Rooms are clean, reception was great and the breakfast was outstanding. Thanks Embassy Suites for a great stay!

Room Tip: If you are in the area for pleasure, business or access to the USF hospital system this is the place...
Dear Valued Guest,

We are proud of Amanda and our entire team and I will share your comments with them so we may continue to improve.

Boston, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Very average: pro's - roomy, decent complimentary breakfast and happy hour, fitness/pool/hot tub. Cons: loud noise from outside atrium at night in living room sofa-bed area, weak spotty internet connection, which costs extra, unbelievably loud heat/a/c unit which kicks on every 5 minutes (worst couple of nights of sleep in a long time), some sub-par linens, no extra pillows for sofa-bed.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I visited on March 13-15 and inadvertently left my prescription medication in my hotel room. When I discovered this the following day, I called and was connected to the Manager on duty -- Wanda. She was wonderful! She took a fair amount of time to locate the medicine and call me back with instructions for retrieving it. Resolution of the issue was smooth and pleasant. It shouldn't be the case, but it's always a surprise and delight to have such lovely customer service!

I do have to report, however, that Room Service would NEVER pick up and take an order. Both times I wanted dinner I had to go through a few cycles of calls and get the person at the Front Desk to walk down to the restaurant in order for me to be able to place my order.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 4 star review! I truly appreciate your feedback.

We are proud of Wanda and our entire team and I will share your comments with them so we may continue to improve.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Just to give you a little background I travel a lot. I arrived on a Sunday afternoon at about 2:30 -3pm and when I went to order room service the phone just rang and rang. When I called the front desk it rang and rang as well. Per the room service menu there was supposed to be someone taking orders. Then the toilet in my room leaked all over the bathroom floor and some how water from the bathroom ran under the tub into the next bedroom. The night manager did relocate me to another room and did remedy the situation hence the 4 stars.
What I also learned is people not staying at the hotel have the capability of entering the pool area by unlocked gates on the side of the property.
The goods on this property: I was staying in a room off to the side of the atrium area so I got a fantastic nights sleep. The staff when I did need them were friendly and helpful.

Dear Valued Guest,

We are proud of our entire team and I will share your comments with them so we may continue to improve.