New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #23 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Herndon, United States
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have stayed in many Embassy Suites. I have "never" been disappointed with their value, service, cleanliness and comfort. Staff are always friendly and courteous I recommend any Embassy Suite location

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, December 30, 2013

Scott Selvaggi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We were on a road trip with our three kids. We stayed at the hotel I order to visit MOSI and the Dali museum on our way down to Naples. The room was very large and comfortable. Breakfast was good. There are various restaurants near by. The lobby was spacious and visually appealing.

Stayed December 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is not up to the normal standards of an Embassy Suites nor any other Hilton family hotel. Rooms are very dated from the dirty popcorn ceilings to the worn furnishings to the dirty and dated bathrooms. There is also an odor we couldn't place when the AC kicks on. If this were a budget brand hotel I guess it would be acceptable but it's not. We stayed on the 'Premium' 8th floor which includes a sign at the elevator to tell you it's exclusive and an empty courtesy bar where you can help yourself to drinks and snacks except that it's always empty. If you notify the desk of this they say they'll let the manager know yet it remains empty. Probably not worth paying the fee to upgrade for a sign and empty bar. The carpets in the lobby are not worn or stained but look to have not been vacuumed in a while. The manager reception area seemed unclean also. There were no bell carts available at check nor when I checked again 20 minutes later. There was no offer to call the room when a cart was available, I was told I would wait at registration until someone brought one back. The was a HHonors reward stay or we would have checked out and stayed elsewhere. Avoid this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a review.

I will use your comments so we may improve our quality and service levels.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you to Tampa Bay. I would love a second chance to show you how we typically exceed expectations. Your experience matters to me and I would like to make it right for your next visit.

Okeechobee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Very nice hotel overall. I would stay here again but will eat elsewhere next time. The waffles and French toast were hard and cold, and there wasn't a lot of variety. I liked the make your own omelette station though. I also didn't like the pillows, they were too flat, and the pull out bed was very thin and I felt the bar in my back all night. We also had a toilet clog twice, a room phone with a broken jack and dead batteries in the tv remote, but overall, it served its purpose for our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 4 star review!

We are proud of our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

I will share your feedback with them so we may improve our quality and service standards as well.

knoxville tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

This was a room we got after a disappointing stay at a nearby Hyatt place . This was bigger cleaner and much spacious all that our earlier room was not . The lobby is beautiful specially with the Christmas decor.The staff was helpful and cheerful .

Stayed December 2013

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have been at this property before and it seems to be sliding. They are, IMO, badly in need of renovations. My room had old stains in the bath tub and a door that was hard to open. The carpeting had seen better days. For the manager's reception there was basically oinly chips, pretzels and goldfish. I was there a week and the highlight was when they brought out some humus! The breakfast was average with a limited amount of fruit. The best asset were the staff at the front desk. I would not "go out of my way" to stay there again

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a review.

I will use your comments so we may improve our quality and service levels.

Orlando, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Walking into this hotel is like walking into a mini-city. It's beautiful. The rooms are clean and spacious, like having your own little apartment away from home. The staff was wonderful, as well, greeting us every time we walked by the front desk and helping us with everything we needed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, December 24, 2013