Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
Ranked #29 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great staff - but not much to work with.
I stayed at this property beginning 15 years ago and it was top notch. Then again about ten years ago with no changes. Little has changed since then - literally, except for a lobby remodel.
The musty odor on the room was overpowering & the A/C set to 65 degrees did little to ameliorate it.
The rooms are in poor shape. they really need to be stripped bare, treated for mold & mildew and modernized & brightened up.
The overall Embassy Suites concept would still work.
NOT GOING BACK anytime soon.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product, service and our location. I am glad you shared with me your experience as it relates to the A/C and suite condition. I will share with my team so we can research solutions to both.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so I can personally thank you for your business and attend to your next reservation.

Scott Selvaggi

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I've had three visits and will be going back for a 4th next week. This property lives up to what Embassy Suites should be. Clean, well-maintained with friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast and manager's reception are as they should be. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Parking lot is arranged reasonably well, so even parking in the last row is still not far to walk.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay. I enjoyed reading your review.

We pride ourselves on our product and service and our location.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so I can personally thank you for your business.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a small group meeting at USF. Jennifer in group sales set us up with a very good rate and the hotel was really perfect. Clean, large rooms, friendly, loads of amenities, especially breakfast. They also have a shuttle van and are very convenient to the campus and medical center.

Room Tip: All suites, excellent value and great work spaces
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

Thank you also for taking the time to mention Jennifer. I will share your comments with her.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

First time at this hotel and Moffitt. Room very comfortable and staff very accommadating to your needs. The shuttle staff was great to Moffitt. Ermy Rosales in reservations went out of her way to help me with several issues. We will be back in November. Jason was at front desk.and helpful. Barbara B

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay. Thank you for identifying Ermy and Jason. I enjoyed reading your review.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I attended the Paralyzed Veterans of America's Annual Banquet on 9/21/13 at this hotel. The event was held in one of the hotel ballrooms, and was very well staffed. One server in particular, Yensu Monsanto, attended our table - she was exceptional. The guests for the most part were para and quadriplegics who required extra care in many instances, e.g. help with cutting meat, reaching for condiments, etc. She was very kind and helpful, also seemed to know what was needed for each guest, and did each task with a smile and pleasant attitude that put everyone at ease. I asked her name, and to speak to her supervisor, Steve Amatrning. He was also charming and gracious, and advised me to use this forum to share my impressions.
This was obviously a well trained, courteous, efficient and impressive staff. - I've attended numerous events throughout this country, and abroad, and am not easily impressed, but I found this staff especially thoughtful and kind.
I sincerely hope they will be recognized for their efforts, and encouraged to help train new recruits in their outstanding brand of customer service.
R. L. Hill
Tampa, FL

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay.

Thank you also for taking the time to mention Yensu and Steve. I will share your comments with them.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

My company held a seminar at this hotel. The room was comfortable, lunch was wonderful and the staff was friendly and very helpful. Lunch was served in the beautiful garden atrium. We will definitely use this venue again.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay. I enjoyed reading about how our staff was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have visited this area numerous times this year. I was very lucky to find this hotel. Not just because of its location, because the staff is very friendly and helpful, I truly enjoy the inside garden with its waterfall and the rooms are very spacious and comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay. I especially like reading about how our staff was friendly and helpful.