Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
$229
$218
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$178
$136
$85
$72
Hotels.com
1,880 results
All reviewsbusch gardensusf campusevening receptionmoffitt cancer centerfree happy hourmade to order omeletscomplimentary breakfastbush gardensfree shuttlebusiness centershuttle servicethe breakfast areagreat customer servicetampa areagabrielatriumconference
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was scheduled to stay here from August 18-21, 2013. The room was somewhat dated. The room smelled of old stale water or something when we first walked in. The décor was not good at all. I felt like I was in the mid 1980's. Check-in was horrible. I arrived at about midnight. There were 4 customers waiting to check in . There was only 1 person checking us in. There was clearly a problem with the first person's credit card. However, the manager just stood around with his hand on his hip. I was thinking, come on dude, it's midnight, help her out!! We waited for ever b/c the guy would not help out. I checked out the next morning and went to the Hyatt down the street.

Room Tip: With the room smelling like old sitting water, I was afraid that there might be mold somewhere. The room space/size was great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay.

We know we are not the newest hotel (the property was built in 1998), however, we pride ourselves on our product and service. I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure we treat this issue as we do not want another guest to encounter a similar arrival experience.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so I can personally attend to your reservation.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We checked in on Friday and check out on Sunday. Don't pay for the premium upgrade. The extra money doesn't really get you anything. The beverage/snack center was always empty. The staff was very accommodating and the hotel was conveniently located. I did enjoy the hotel transportation to and from Busch Gardens. Vast breakfast selection for complimentary breakfast. The weekend I went was very crowded. The staff did well to accommodate everyone. As usual, there are folks that take advantage of complimentary amenities. I would recommend Embassy Suites.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for the feedback regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on our product and service. I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure we treat this issue as we do not want another guest to encounter a similar experience

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so that you will have an opportunity for us to show you how the premium upgrade should be experienced.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Staff was very nice and friendly. Rooms were clean and newer compared to some other ES. Traveled with 6 and 7 year old kids. It was a great place to stay while visiting Busch gardens. They had shuttles to and from the parks. They would drop you off at the gates, and when you called for a return ride, they were there in 10 minutes or less. Pool was nice also. Would stay here again.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so I can personally thank you for your business.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great service and location, right down the road from Busch Gardens, but woke up in the middle of the night to go to the restroom only to be met by several roaches in the bathroom and living room areas! I am still shocked as I always thought of Embassy Suites as having a pretty good reputation. I can't stay again, the rates are a bit too steep to have to deal with roaches.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 4th floor

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for the feedback regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves not only on our product and our service but on our cleanliness. I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure we treat this issue as we do not want another guest to encounter a similar experience.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you here so that you will have an opportunity for us to show you a great experience.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed for a week at the beginning of July with our 3 children. We regularly stay in Embassy Suites when visiting USA but on reading poor reviews of this hotel, we opted for the much higher rated Wingate in Tampa instead. We were most disappointed that when we arrived to check in we discovered that we were misled with the price of our room and along with the very poor attitude of the manager we promptly left. Thankfully we went across the road to Embassy Suites. Immediately on our arrival at the hotel we knew we had made the right decision. The entrance and large atrium were most welcoming. The staff were superb and always most helpful. The breakfasts were excellent with a great range for all the family. We ate dinner most evenings in the hotel. The kids loved the Pizza Hut and there was a good variety of other dishes on offer. The shuttle bus to Busch Gardens was great, prompt and very reliable. We would most definitely stay again and please don't be like us and be put off by some of the poor comments. Thank you Embassy Suites, we had a wonderful time!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay. You made the right decision!

We pride ourselves on our product and service.

I will be sharing your comments with our management team to make sure I applaud their efforts.