“Courtesy, convenience, and cleanliness”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore
Ranked #27 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
texas
“Courtesy, convenience, and cleanliness”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

My first trip to Tampa area. I showed up early for checkin and was readily accomodated with no hassle, and during Memorial Weekend. Riase checked me in kindly and efficiently. The complimentary fruit-infused water in the lobby was very refreshing after a long morning. Pool recently remodeled and very enjoyable. Location is great for restaurants and the mall, and the shuttle service is so prompt. Management happy hour/reception is wonderful. The staff is exceptionally friendly. Folks have stated the rooms need to be updated, but mine was not only very clean and comfortable but spacious and with nice views, wonderful linens, good water pressure in the shower. There is no question I would stay at this hotel again during my next visit. Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies as mine - the doors do not open. Request hotel to open them. However very nic...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
HotelManagerTPAFL, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear LolaTraveler817,

Thank you for the review of the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore. I am thrilled that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. We take great pride in the hotel and service we offer and it is great when our guests appreciate the attention we give. We hope to see you back again soon!

benjamin.howell@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Never stayed in Embassy Suites before but definitely would again. Good space for working in room, good breakfast, and friendly and helpful staff. Room was fine and good value. Free shuttle to the International mall is very useful. Free managers drinks each night was a bonus too.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jimmi D,

Thank you for the review of the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the hotel to be of great value. As you mentioned, we offer a complimentary cooked to order breakfast, complimentary evening reception, two room suites, and complimentary shuttle service within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. We hope to see you back at our hotel soon. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any asisstance.

San Marino
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Bar and food were excellent. But old hotel, carpet needs to be replaced. so do other facilities. I tried to book 14 days before the trip and did not confirm because of business reason, and came back the next morning to do it again, the nightly price jumpped from $89 to $169. just one day difference!

Dear GioLee,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the service and food you received. We strive hard to provide great service as we understand it is a key differentiator with our travelers. I apologize for the issues you had with the room rate. Our rates change frequently based on the days of travel, events happening in the city, and times of the year. I also wanted to make note that we will be replacing a large portion of the hotel carpet this year. Please feel free to reach out if I can be of any further assistance.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Stayed at this Embassy Suites during a business convention at the Tampa Bay Convention Center. All in all, this was just an OK property. It felt a bit tired and maybe needing some renovation. My room was spacious and felt clean, but when I opened the drapes, there were empty beer cans on the pseudo-balcony. Also, the balcony was pretty dirty. My view was of the roof-top of neighboring apartments. Not great, but for what little time I spent there, that was fine. One day I had breakfast from the buffet--my eggs were cold, luke warm at best. I did have a prepared omelette another day, and it was fine. Choices on the breakfast menu seem good -- standard for an Embassy Suites. I think this hotel is in a decent enough area --- about 3-5 minutes from the airport and they offer a shuttle, which I used and found to be good. Also, there is a mall across the street. While I didn't go to the mall, it did appear to be nice size along with some free standing restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. I did notice that the pool was empty and under some sort of renovation. I like the Hilton brand and their hotels, but there are a number of other hotels in the Westshore area...check them out before you make your decision.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room, otherwise you'll be looking at apartment tops and/or the freeway.
Dear Kevin L,

Thank you for the review of your stay with us. I apologize for the issue you had on your balcony. I know when I travel, the cleanliness of the hotel is the most important thing during my stay. I have reviewed the housekeeping procedures with our team and have put some steps in place to ensure that those issue do not happen again. I also have reviewed your comments with our breakfast staff to ensure the food is kept at the appropriate tempatures. Please feel free to reach out if I can be of any further assistance. We hope you will give us another chance next time you are in Tampa.

piqua, United States
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Most rooms or suites offer a good cross view of the Westshore area although this is not primarily a property offering scenic vistas. It is located very near the airport and businesses designated in this economic realm of operation. Normally, has all the amenities one would encounter in full service hotels catering to the various needs of individual personalities.Depending on the exact position of your suite a view of the sunset on the Gulf has it's hindrances but as they in the business location is everything.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Donald M,

Thank you for the review of the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore. I am pleased to hear the views, location, and amenities we offer suited your stay. The complimentary breakfast, evening reception, two room suite, and comlpimentary shuttle service are all great features of our hotel. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Jackson, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Due to plane cancellation we found ourselves in Tampa for an overnight stay. I phoned for a reservation at the last minute. After getting transferred and then cut off, by the reservation staff, my expectations were not high when I got to the hotel. I was very pleasently surprised by everything there. Staff were wonderful, accomadations all I could ask for and the shuttle driver took me back to the airport in the morning.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ben H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Lynn M,

Thank you for your review of the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore. We appreciate the excellent feedback on your stay with us! We strive hard to provide outstanding service to our guests and appreciate when it is recognized. We hope you are able to stay with us again under better circumstances next time you are in Tampa.

Saline, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2014

The staff did a fabulous job with cleaning & services. The staff did a fabulous job with conference services. The staff did a fabulous job with guest services & food service. The room carpet was in need of changing. The sofas & chairs in the room were threading in places. The internet was cumbersome to connect with in the room.

Dear Kellyanne S,

Thank you for the review of the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore. My team and I are thrilled to hear about the outstanding service you received during your stay with us. We hope to see you back in Tampa again soon!