“Nice Stay for the Price”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore
Ranked #27 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
St. Augustine, Florida
“Nice Stay for the Price”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at the Embassy Suites while I was doing some cooking shows at the convention center. The front desk staff were polite and efficient. Our room was one of the largest I've stayed in in recent memory: Large living area, separate kitchenette with fridge, microwave, sink, coffee maker and ample counter space, and a very large bedroom with separate vanity and bath space. The furnishings were clean and comfortable, as were the beds. We enjoyed the Manager's Reception each evening with free unlimited drinks (not just beer and wine) and light snacks (cheese, crackers, hummus, chips, etc). We had the option of enjoying this inside or out on the spacious deck. They offer a full complimentary breakfast that also includes omelets made to order. Since we booked the hotel thru a discount service, the cost of our stay was about half of the rates listed on other internet sites. The only drawbacks? The $8 per night parking fee (more if you opt for valet) and the $12.95 daily internet fee (many similar Tampa 3-star hotels offer free parking and free wifi) so be sure to factor that into the cost of your stay. However, since we paid so little to be there, this was not a problem for us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pennstr, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Warren C,

Thank you for taking your time out to write about your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We value your feedback greatly and we are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us here.

The majority of our suites are as you mentioned "quite large" as compared to other Embassy Suites properties. The value of the Brand offering in all inclusive full cooked to order breakfast as well as the Complimentary Evening Reception just cannot be beat.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and please feel free to contact me regarding any future reservations needs.

Roger.Brown@Hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Aside of the halfway decent breakfast buffet, there's no reason to stay at this hotel. My fiancé and I were in Tampa looking for a hotel, I wanted to stay at a hotel on the bay, she wanted to stay at embassy because she likes the past experiences at different ones and thought it would save money. What a joke. Don't waste your time. We called embassy on the way, we were told the rate was $119 with taxes and fees the total would be $133. We also called the grand Hyatt Tampa bay and the rate was the exact same. We checked out and the I reviewed my credit card statement online to see that embassy charged me almost $163!!! The room was small and dated. The furniture and bedding was like a motel 6. The shower had mold in it, the grout in the shower was disgusting. The view from our window was the gross roof of the Waffle House. The buffet was good with the exception of the cold coffee but for the price we paid, Id rather stay somewhere better and eat breakfast somewhere else. I will never return to an embassy suites anywhere especially this one nor would I ever recommend this hotel to anyone. Do yourself a favor and go stay 5 mins away at the grand Hyatt Tampa bay. It's on the bay, has great views, newer and cleaner looking rooms. Nicer furniture bigger rooms and when they tell you $133 on the phone, you can be sure that's what u will be charged. They are the exact same price so you do the math. I'm highly disappointed with this hotel and I would rather sleep in my car before returning to this hotel...

• Stayed August 2013
Pennstr, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Georget33,

Thank you for your time and comments in regard to your recent stay with us in Tampa. I apologize that you had an unsatisfactory experience with us here. I see that you stayed in one of our smaller end unit suites that is not quite as spacious as our others. The main body of our hotel suites was just renovated last year but the end units were done 3 years ago.

Please contact us regarding your charges as it looks as though the quoted charges are all that there were. Any remaining additional charges may be just an authorization.

If you are willing to give us another try I would love to show you that we do in fact have a great hotel here and in a great location. If you would like to try us again please contact me and I will arrange a stay that you will enjoy.

Ross on Wye
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed twice in August, with either a post midnight check in or a 4am check out, both handled well. Second time my wife did the check in and was told we had been upgraded, but no different to the first night's room, or what I booked.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Chrisn1701,

Thank you for taking your time out to write about your recent stays with us in Tampa. We appreciate your business and feedback greatly.

Although your room types booked for the two separate stays are very similar your second stay was on our top floor with a Bayside suite and view. This is one of our guest's favorite upgrades. I apologize if there was any confusion there of if there wasn't adequate time for you to appreciate the view.

Thank you for choosing us and please feel free to contact me for any future reservations needs here.

Mission Viejo, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Room furnishings were old and bathroom fixtures not very nice. Room amenities, microwave, etc were not up to Embassy Suites standards. We have stayed at 3 Embassy Suites this summer - one in Dallas, one in Austin and this one in Tampa. The other two were far better in appearance and overall experience than the one in Tampa. Had we stayed in Tampa first, we would never have gone to the Dallas and Austin locations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Carla H,

Thank you for taking your time out to review your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and will utilize your comments to continue to work to improve our property and our performance.

The main body of our guest suites was renovated last year finishing up in late July including new carpet, paint, soft seating, window treatments, top of bedding and kitchen areas including refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. While our hard furniture was not replaced nor the art and lamp package this was quite an improvement for us here. We still look forward to completing this project however as well as the bathrooms which will certainly pull it all together.

I thank you again for your time and thank you for choosing Embassy Suites hotels. It is an excellent brand and I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations here in Tampa.

If you have plans to be back in the area again please contact me for reservations here as I would love the opportunity to show you that we are an excellent hotel where you can have a great stay.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport May 19-24, 2013 for a work trip. The hotel was nice and clean and suited my needs perfectly. I realized that Tampa has a bit of a hard water issue so there was a ring around the toilet when I arrived. I asked housekeeping to clean the toilet again and they did so immediately. By the next day the ring had formed again so I realized it wasn't the cleaning but the hard water. I was impressed with the quick service. I traveled each morning to St. Pete and being close to the major interstates was perfect for my commute. I also enjoyed the mall being directly across the street. The breakfast was delicious and plenty of food was available at 6:30am, which was the time I had to venture down before going to the office. I would recommend this hotel to others and I would return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear TonyaW2,

Thank you for taking your time out to write about us on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our location to suit your needs well.

Our location is great with quick access to the interstate as well as convenient to great shopping at both West Shore and International Plaza Malls, not to mention the many local restaurant options.

Please feel free to contact me personally if I may ever be of assistance to you for future reservations needs here.

Lithonia, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

If you don't want to smell and see mold, be eaten alive by fleas and if you want a clean, modern room don't stay here. Don't believe the hype, "newly renovated" this is not. The food was mediocre and expensive. Staff is very friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pennstr, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Priscilla J,

Thank you again for taking your time out to discuss your concerns with your recent stay with me. Again I apologize for the shortcomings you encountered and I hope that I have Made it Right for you. We are very proud of hotel and team here and again do not believe that you got a true representation of who we truly are.

Thank you for your gracious comments about the service my team here provided to you among the issues encountered.

We will be looking forward to having you back with us again soon for a much more pleasant stay.

Please contact me whenever you are ready to return.

Tampa, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The service was excellent. When you pull up the valet guys are always smiling and waving at you, the front desk is quick, efficiant and courteous. When we got to the room, it was more then what we expected. Very spacious, clean and updated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Thaisha V,

Thank you Thaisha for writing about your recent stay here with us in Tampa. We are very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay here with us. It was also my pleasure to have had the opportunity to meet you personally.

Please feel free to contact me at any time for any needs you may have here at the Embassy Suites Westshore.