Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore
Ranked #34 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Lithonia, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2013

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pennstr, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
“Enjoyed the stay”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 This Embassy was very nice. Although there were two families, and we asked to be on the same floor which didn't happen, it was still nice. The Manager's evening special is nice. Free drinks!!! The beds are very comfortable and I like the private bathroom, instead of the open sink area.

Dear Jane N,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you had a pleasant visit here with us. I apologize that we were unable to get you closer to your families other suite. I know it was a busy time for us but I will review your comments with our Front Office team to ensure they work hard to improve upon guest requests moving forward.

We are very happy that you chose our hotel for your stay and that you enjoyed your stay here. If I may be of any assistance with reservations here in the future please do not hesitate to call upon me.

Roger.Brown@Hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Brighton, Alabama
Reviewed July 26, 2013

From the time you pull into the driveway you are greeted with warmth, and hospitality. You don't feel like quest but you feel as though you are visiting your favorite Aunt and she is awesome. She has everything you want right at your finger tips and there is nothing to good for you. From bringing extra towels, to the best fresh cook to order omelete and breakfast bar, my entire family was pleased.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pennstr, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Sandra S,

Thank you for taking your time out to write this wonderful review for us in regard to your stay here in Tampa. We are thrilled that you had such an enjoyable visit with us and very please that you chose to share that as well.

Please know that we greatly appreciate your business and the opportunity to serve you.

Feel free to contact me at any point for any future reservations needs here in Tampa.

O'Fallon, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Outstanding place to stay. I give this place 5 stars out of 5. Great location with all the stores for shopping, eating and entertainment. The beaches are close by and easy to get to: Clearwater is the bomb.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pennstr, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Allen,

Thank you for taking your time out to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your business and feedback greatly. We believe we have an excellent central location as well keeping us very close to a variety of great options in the Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater areas.

If I may ever be of any future assistance to you regarding future stays please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Grand Cayman
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and our two kids recently went up to Tampa for a short shopping trip and we always stay in this hotel, its a great value for money and my husband likes all the extra space. This trip we decided not to rent a car and use the hotels shuttle service to take us to the shops. I was a bit worried but Jose and the shuttle guys took such good care of us, in fact all the staff was great and accommodating. I have looked at other hotels in the area but I always come back to this one, I love it's proximity to the Mall, my daughters love the pool and my husband likes the happy hour and 2 TVs. I will be back next year for sure.

Dear Miaincayman,

Thank you for taking your time out to write about us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and certainly your business as well. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us this time and will look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I may be of any assistance with a future reservation here.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

The location is close to the airport so for convenience it was good. But you get small pool and no good views from the room. Not so nice to look out on The Waffle House. The lobby is clean and nice looking. Employees seemed nice enough. The room we got had queen beds and a separate sitting area with pull out couch. Also an area with a small refrigerator and sink with coffee maker. That was a plus. The coffee itself was weak, they should get a better coffee. I also liked the area off the bathroom that had a mirror light & outlet so that someone could be in the bathroom while another did her hair or makeup! Layout of room was an A+! But no exhaust fan in the bathroom, so points off because the bathroom gets steamed up so bad.
They have an amazing breakfast spread that should have been the highlight of this review but the day we tries to eat was so busy we didn't have a good experience. A super long line to get an omelet, although they did offer egg whites, and it wasn't loaded with oil. So that was good. The bad thing was my son couldn't get milk, the container was empty and we couldn't find anyone to tell. I got my omelet and went to get a coffee, but that too was out!! Saw a buss boy(man) and told him about the milk and coffee and he pretty much rolled his eyes. Makes me think its pretty common. Embassy suites should add employees on busy weekends like this and the review would have been better.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Superglb
Dear Superglb,

Thank you for taking your time out to write about your stay with us in Tampa. I apologize for missing your review and for my delayed response.

We appreciate the many nice comments you made in regard to our hotel and your stay. Many guests do love our location being so close and convenient to 275 as well as both the Westshore and International Plaza Malls but I do understand your feeling on the billboard for certain. All of our suites are connected to an exhaust system but I am having our Chief Engineer confirm that it is working as well as it can.

I have followed up with our breakfast team on the importance of keeping up with coffee at breakfast. As we do brew each batch fresh we try not to make it too far ahead as to keep it as fresh as possible. We will work to ensure we are better prepared for success with this moving forward.

Thank you again for choosing to stay here with us, we appreciate your business greatly.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed here two nights because I was attending a statewide meeting with my company. The positives are: the rooms were clean, spacious, with flat screened TVs in the living area and bathroom. I like the set up of the room, however the décor was a bit dated but. My room was set up like a suite with the bedroom separate from the living area and the kitchen area. The free breakfast was excellent! This wasn’t the typical continental breakfast; I ordered my omelet cooked to order. There was fresh fruit, coffee, doughnuts and a variety of other choices for breakfast. The reception in the afternoon was an added treat; the nachos and free drinks were enough to fill you up until dinner. The hotel is located in walking distance of the mall and restaurants. The staffs at the hotel were very friendly and accommodating. The negatives were the parking was tight and they charge for parking. The gym did not have the state of the art equipment, so don’t expect to do a complete cardio work out. Other than that I would stay again. It was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kianna134
William H VA, United States
1 review “Nice to lay your head.”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 Overall great experience here. Nice size fitness room with plenty of equipment. Breakfast had plenty to offer and free happy hour is always a plus. The sliding glass door on room to small balcony was permanently locked. Wanted to step out of room to enjoy the night sky.

Dear William H,

Thank you greatly for taking your time out to write about your stay with us here in Tampa. We appreciate your feedback greatly and will be looking forward to having you back with us again very soon.

VA, United States