“Good stay for the money”

Quality Inn Airport
Ranked #101 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff. Not bad relationship between price and overall value. Simple but provided basic comfort and I got a good sleep. Clean room and bathroom. Also very convenient (close to Tampa Airport and to downtown Tampa). Very good breakfast in the morning. I would definitely stay there again if I ever come to Tampa.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Vlad B

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn Tampa Airport once in July 2013 (3 nights) and once in August 2013 (1 night).
This hotel is very convenient for Tampa Airport, and provides free airport transportation - just ring from the arrivals/ baggage claim hall (return to the airport is on the hour). The driver was one of the friendliest people I have ever met at a hotel.
The rooms are clean, with a flat screen TV, bath/shower and a separate sink/vanity area. The beds are very comfortable. Free wifi is available, and works reasonably well. Usefully, there is a microwave and a fridge in the room.
This hotel is an older hotel, but has been refitted and subsequently looked after very well. Outside, there is a good sized parking lot, and a great pool. Breakfast is served in the lobby, and the selection is good.
However, the best thing about this hotel is the staff. They are very friendly and always helpful.
I would certainly recommend this hotel for both one night airport stays, and extended stays when visiting the Tampa area. I doubt you'll find a hotel in the area that is as friendly and has such good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tomtomone
Reviewed July 28, 2013

As soon as we stepped in the room, we could make out that the room had been smoked into. We went down to the front desk and asked to check our room. Not surprisingly, we were allotted another room. I got locked into the bathroom. The liver would not unlock. They changed the lock quick enough, but ladies travelling with us were very uncomfortable, as it took us more than half our to settle in the room.

Room Tip: Check everything in your room to find them in working order.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pkparmr2013
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Nice Hotel with Pool (they keep it very clean) and free breakfast (hot and cold items)
Good customer Service. Room are ok (not too big, clean, flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator, bathroom are small but you can take a good shower). Good Price for a short trip.
the bay is very close and the restaurant around are fairly cheap.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Swim in this pool with a nice garden nearby. The inn, rooms and locale are similar to other motels and hotels in this area, & same as other Quality Inns BUT exceptional upgraded fitness center and the pool is awesome. After free breakfast, of good variety, nice conversations in the office, and a workout, the pool beckoned. Tampa is warm and tropical so the pool experience was satisfying.

Room Tip: They have an elevator!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank bugnurse56
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Check in was very easy, Building was older with outside corridors but seemed to be well maintained. Room was spacious and very clean. Bathroom was recently remodeled and clean. Would like to see a little more variety in the breakfast offerings, it got old after 3 days of the same. All in all it was a great room at a great price. I would recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travelerkent
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was their on business and I went to check in and no one was able to be found. I had to wait 30 minutes before someone showed up. The clerk came up with the owner, the owner she was not very friendly at all. The location was good but, it was not in a great area. I went to my room and I have to say that the room was clean, but older. I received a knock on my door around 11pm and it was someone asking me if i wanted a date, I dont the woman NO and called the front desk, which no one answered the phone. I did not eat breakfast at the hotel so i can not comment on that. I just wasnt happy with this place.

Room Tip: I would prolly have been better to be on the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business