$148
$107
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

$129
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

$164
$159
Hyatt.com
$96
$90
HIExpress.com
$170
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $207/night.

$139
$129
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

$171
$150
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

$125
$98
SailportSuites.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

All reviewscruise portroom was cleanan older hotelshuttle driverpre cruisenext morningcontinental breakfaststreet noiseflat screen tvwould stay here againgreat ratecomplimentary shuttleybor citypublixmicrowavepillowslaundry
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I gave 3 stars for this place for the following reasons. Great shuttle service to the port terminals. very friendly and helpful staff. large rooms. large and well appointed bathrooms. coffee maker and fridge in room. (worst coffee in the world tho). and the breakfast was very very nice... and price was great . also there are lots of shopping around (food, drugstore..etc)
sounds like a 5 star rating no ?
well.. they lost 2 stars due to the condition of all 3 rooms. they were not clean. bedspread old and dirty. floor dirty. furniture old and dirty. rooms were musty smelling. one reeked of smoke (they sounded surprised. why didnt the cleaning staff give them a heads up ? most decent hotels get it cleaned up and charge the previous renters with the costs). So in conclusion the 'average' rating was average but ranged between fair and very good.
you decide what the priorities are.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank intellibyte
Reviewed January 14, 2012

My wife and I were coming to Tampa for a cruise but decided to come a few days early to explore the city, I haven’t been in Tampa since I was a child and I love exploring. We arrived at the airport and phoned the hotel for a pick-up as they don’t have regular shuttle service. A shuttle was dispatched and arrived about a half an hour later. The hotel is actually more of a motel but is clean and generally well kept for a budget accommodation. There are some signs of wear and tear and the walls are thin, but you can’t expect the Ritz for $67 a night. The mattress was average, not fantastic but not uncomfortable either. There is a complimentary hot continental breakfast provided that is more than would be offered at most hotels, fresh waffles, sausage, hot and cold eggs, cereals and fruits etc. Breakfast was so plentiful that we didn’t need a lunch. The pool is also very clean and heated to eighty, wonderful to have after a long day. Unfortunately for us the air temp dropped to the low fifties when the sun went down on the day we utilized the pool. We didn’t notice the change until we left the water; it proved to be a cold run back to the room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Dave our shuttle driver pointed out lots of good places to eat and places for my wife to spend money, I must thank him.
I picked this hotel because it offered a Fly and Cruise package and was more centrally located than the other hotels that also offered the package. When I arrived the lady at the desk hadn’t heard of the package and said that they only offered a park and cruise package. I had the confirmation letter that was emailed to me to show that they did offer it when I booked. After discussing the situation with the manager on duty I decided that it was more financially beneficial to me to pay the sixteen dollars to the hotel for transit to the port for my wife and I, and then taking a cab on my own to return to the airport than pay $134.39 ($119 +tax) for the package. By doing it this way it will cost me $108 with tax including a $25 cab ride. I just have to fight the other passengers for a cab now.
The hotel is located in an area that has lots of dining choices within a ½ hour walk. Unfortunately Tampa is not a pedestrian friendly place. Terrible sidewalks if there are any, next to no cross walks and the hotel is not very close to most shopping, here the car is king. My wife and I did walk everywhere we could but the saving grace is the bus service is cheap and close to the hotel. An unlimited day pass is $3.75. I was able to get a transit map and timetable at Westshore plaza. I tried to not rent a car but it would have been much more convenient if I had. If I come back I will rent a car.
There are two grocery stores very close to the hotel but they are very expensive. The recession definitely didn’t hit this area. The Fresh Market (I guess it is like a Whole Foods) next door to the hotel actually had an organic gallon of milk for $16. I would like to see what kind of cow makes $16 milk. The Publix across the busy road was a little better but not much. A dozen cans of coke were on sale for four dollars. Where I am from I pay five for two dozen on sale and I thought I was being over charged.
All in all it is an acceptable place to stay before a cruise or if you are looking for reasonable accommodations in an expensive town.

Room Tip: All rooms would suffer from the noise of the busy street.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ChrisfromTO
Reviewed December 26, 2011

We decided to try another location for a overnight stay for a game at Raymond James Stadium, and even though it is about 3 miles away, we elected to try this motor inn,

On entering the driveway it was obvious that this property is well cared for. Check-in was fast and very friendly, and the location is in a better section of Dale Mabry than we thought it would be. The room was well equipped with a fridge, the normal basics, a good high-speed connection and convenience to the lobby and parking lot. Both parking and internet are free. The free breakfast was also better than usual for a motor inn like this.

The motor inn design leads to some outside noise, but we slept very well. If you do not like your front door leading to the outside, places like this are not for you. I kind of like it. The rooms were very clean, and the beds were comfortable

For a game at Raymond James Stadium you could pick a more convenient location, but for an inexpensive motel...this place is very hard to beat.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are more quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank CoasterWarrior
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Stayed here overnight the day before departing on a cruise. Has Airport shuttle and shuttle to the Port of Tampa. Staff were nice and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mandms_11
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This is one great hotel. From the time we got picked up to the time we got dropped off at the Port of Tampa for our cruise we had a great experience staying at this hotel. Not only was it within walking distance to restaurants, grocery stores and pharmacies. They offered a free shuttle service to/from TPA airport. They also take you to the port of Tampa if you are going on a cruise at a fee of only 8.00 per person, which is far cheaper then what Carnival was offering for there shuttle service. They have free newspapers even on Sundays, internet with a printer, faxing service and a wonderful contenantial breakfest with so much to choose from. Everyone we came in contact with was so friendly from the shuttle driver, the front desk clerks, the maids to the breakfest bar hostess. We very much enjoyed this Quality Inn. it was a very great value for what we got.and then some. If we ever go back to Tampa they'll get our business.

Room Tip: Offers Port of Tampa Shuttle service at a great price.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family