WINNER WONDERLAND

Best Economy Inn
Best Economy Inn
Ranked #138 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa fl
“Horrible Rude Fat Cancer Lady at the Main Office”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

The worst Experience Ever....I stayed For a Week and found to my knowledge that their were rodents (Mice) in my room...I had a very hard time getting another room of course the heavy lady...after going through hell...i switch rooms to find later that night i herd a noise on the table and found out their was another rodent in my room that hit it straight for the crack in the wall underneath the sink....by God who would Have Known..I Immediately left..They have hedious female prostitutes hanging around back and out on the front the hoodlums sale drugs and smoke marijuana outside like its legal....Please Investigators Come CLose This Place Down!!!!!before someone its killed once again their....!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Be Aware of Mice...Dirty Linens Including The Blanket..and the Rude FAt Lady At The Front Desk Whose...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TampaflHaines

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Rotonda West, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed here from 2/15/12 to 2/18/12 i.e. 3 nights- I would give it a negative rating and would not recommend anyone staying her, we certainly will not.

We had stayed here for a number of years when it was owned by Econo lodge. However, under the new ownership it has gone significantly down hill: 1) our room was never cleaned during our stay 2) complaints to front desk were ignored 3) mgr was never available 4) extremely noisy rooms i.e slamming doors at 4 am

Worst part nobody seemed to care

Don Zoltowski

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

stayed one week. remote for tv(with few channels) took four hours to be brought to room by staff. if staying by week you cannot have 'free cont breakfast' which was advertised. pillows are horrendous. There were so many ants that we went to the dollar store down the road and had to buy our own bug spray(we were told no refunds). Door to room stuck on carpet so was difficult to open/close. Pool was filthy and visited by neighborhood kids after school, non guests. elevator was filthy and run down. we were 'stuck' all the way in the back on 3rd floor next to freight train tracks that woke us at all hours. staff could care less about your safety or comfort. i am SHOCKED that the Choice Hotels would allow this facility to operate with its name on the sign. Many other hotels just down the road for just a few dollars more, save yourself the aggravation and head a mile or so east.....did I mention that facility is also VERY poorly lit and you do risk your safety given the neighborhood and lack of security. wifi was spotty at best too.

Room Tip: stay away.....trust me.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

Don't ever go here! we had an ant problem in our hotel room. the people in the check in place are rude & could care less about you, the ac sucks! very little t.v. channels shower was FILTHY! you can still see comet (bleach) on the wall. the sink had stains in it. there were no outlet or they didn't work. the room smelt horrible. it is in a bad location. looks like a bad area. very old. the pillows are all lumpy. the bedding had soda stains in it! never again. the door barley shuts.

Room Tip: don't ever go here.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2011

This is a run down facility. Many rooms are out of service; some even boarded up. It's the kind of place you look forward to leaving. We booked a week. They only accept cash and no refunds. The final straw for me was the card keys expired frequently. One morning mine failed at 7 am. The manager would not let me back into the room because I was not the registered guest, (my son). Since he had gone to work, I was locked out all day! I'm not sure what I would do if we hadn't rented two rooms. It's not a neighborhood where a person would want to hang out for a day.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ioyandra
Simcoe County, Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2010

We booked this place looking for a cheap hotel the night before a cruise out of Tampa. We thought it would just be a bargin at $40 a night. They say it is close to the airport and turned out to be a $40 taxi just to get there. The clerk was nice and friendly, rooms are big and average size for a place of this age. The room was about as clean as can be expected for a rundown place of it's age, the bathtub tiles were rotted and were poorly repaired. That's about all of the "nice" I could say about this place. We did not rent a car as we were leaving for our cruise the next morning. We asked the clerk if it was safe to walk to a restaurant for dinner..she said yes. We were a bit suspicious about the safety of the area when we noticed police cars sitting stationary in front of restaurants. Finally after a walk that seemed to take forever, we arrived at the Olive Garden. The watiress was stunned when we told her that we had walked there, and told us to stay on the main road and don't even consider for a second taking a side street.
This hotel is located one street over from the poorest part of Tampa, she said crime was high, hence the police presence.
Once we got back to the room, it was really loud. Around 3am we were woken by a crowd of people yelling something about a "hold up"!!! Between that and the air conditioner that could compete against the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, we did not get much sleep that night.......
You get what you pay for I guess.....spend the extra money on somewhere safer & nicer, we will next time! I would not recommend this place to ANYONE.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Canuck73_10
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2010

Well when you drive in it looks kinda bad. The hotel name has been taken off above the roof. Purposely or?? Anyway it was just one night and I didnt pay much. When I entered the room it was better. Beds were nice. Internet worked fine. Those 2 are important to me. Air also worked fine. Problems the toilet was always readjusting making some noice, the table was in a place with no plug (for computer ) and no light source. I tried to move it but it weighed a ton. No plug by bed either easily reachable but if you pull the bed out you can get a plug behind bed. I didnt want to walk on carpet with no shoes. There was a big sign in front offering $29 rooms...and this was high season! The breakfast was very basic. Vending machines and ice were avail.
I wouldnt call it one of the better Econolodges, but if you only pay $29 you have to be the one to decide if its worth it. I tried another cheap hotel and it wasnt any better.This one is right off 275 with easy entry and exit. So shop around...prices vary with season.
Weather was horrible all my time there, rain, clouds, storms...and with the economy bad I saw weekly signs at decent looking places for like $159 a week. So there are options to be had unless something major is going on.

If all you want is a cheap room, a clean decent bed, and a clean shower and towels this place would be ok. Its not a place you want to lounge around in though.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo