Tampa Inn Near Busch Gardens
  • Breakfast included
$178
$136
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$209
$199
$85
$72
Travelocity
$142
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 9, 2005

As a favor to other users on this site I felt compelled to write a review of this hotel. I will admit my fiance and I did not stay here but I wanted to warn off anyone thinking of staying here to stay AWAY! This hotel is located right on Busch Blvd about one block from Busch Gardens. Even though the location to Busch Gardens is good, the hotel is ghetto. We drove by this hotel while online at the drive thru of Taco Bell (located in front of hotel). I have stayed at many Day's Inn hotels in the past and this by far has to be the worst Day's Inn I have ever seen. The hotel looks dirty and dingy. The "element" of people occupying the rooms is not something I look for in a vacation or quick getaway.
While online waiting to give our order we could see directly into one of the rooms which was hosting a party of about 15 guys and two females. There were about 4 seats outside the room and all of the people outside were drinking beer and being obnoxious. It seems as though this hotel caters to low income housing. Because as people walked past we could here them conversating as though they lived there. If you want to stay in a welfare hotel then this is your place. The Baymont Inn and Suites is across the boulevard, that's where we stayed and it is a wonderful hotel that will surpass your expectations... stay there! The funny part is for being such a horrible hotel they still have the nerver to charge a high room rate!! Don't waste your money.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 18, 2004

My family and I stayed at Days Inn Busch Gardens the end of July. When we arrived, the desk clerk didn't even welcome us or tell us anything about the hotel. We had to ask how to get to our room. We were set to receive a package from King's Creek Resorts, but weren't offered this. The package included a coupon book for restaurants, etc. that we could have used. When we arrived at the room, the lamps, TV, and alarm clock were unplugged. We made arrangements for 2 adults, and two children, but only received bath towels, etc for two. We never received a wake up call after calling for one.

4  Thank house_dsgnr
Bronx, NY
Reviewed June 20, 2004

This place was the worst ever! I have been to motels in the Bronx that are better than this place. They say they are closest to Busch Gardens and that you can walk there but they are still about a mile away! I tried to get a room at the Baymont Inn across the street but they were all booked. Although they cost a bit more I was more than willing to pay, it looked like the Hilton compared to Days Inn. The rooms were disgusting, the beds weren't stable, the rugs looked like they never been cleaned. I didn't even want to take a shower, the bathroom was horrible and very dim with spiderwebs and dust in the corners. They are definitly giving Days Inn a really bad rep. I never want to stay in another one of their hotels ever! THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL EVER.

• Stayed: June 2004
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 17, 2004

Having never been to Tampa before, we selected the hotel closest to Busch Gardens. That's the only positive thing about this hotel. We arrived in town and checked in around 2am; we checked out at 8am and moved to the Baymont across the street. The hotel is next door to a club that had loud music blaring. Our room was on the ground floor facing the pool but there was nowhere to park. Everything was dirty and stained (the carpet, the chairs, bloodstains on the sheets, the entire bathroom) or broken (the locks on the door). There was a microwave and fridge in the room but I was too scared to open them. I have been told to avoid all Days Inns in Orlando; I have now added the Days Inn in Tampa to that list.

5  Thank rachelw17
Oxford, England
Reviewed June 16, 2004

Stayed here for one night in May 2004 and that was one night too many. I would have liked to have given this a ‘0’ rating but that’s not an option so it has to be a ‘1’. The only good thing about this place is that it’s so near to Busch Gardens (but with so many other motels in the area there are plenty of other options). The key/lock to the room was very temperamental, the room itself smelt musty and the general standard of décor was poor/tatty. After showering the next morning we discovered the bath leaked and the floor was awash, and also that the carpet near the door was damp. Reported the problems to Reception but no apology was offered. The general atmosphere around the hotel is not pleasant and the buildings look shabby.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member