“Okay”

Tampa Inn Near Busch Gardens
Ranked #136 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed August 10, 2013

After all the reviews I admit I was terrified to stay here but when the hotel around the corner tried the old bait and switch, I had no choice. I must admit I was shocked at is really wasn't that bad. Granted it is old, needs some upkeep and it wouldn't hurt if they use drop cloths when they paint. I am picky - I did not see any bugs so far everything was ok. Being that we were only sleeping one night to go to Busch Gardens we made it through. The bed was comfortable, shower water was hot and the kids loved the pool. The total highlight of this hotel is Ruben's Cuban II restaurant that is attached. The food was amazing - everything was fresh, and very affordable. We will definitely come back to this restaurant and maybe even the hotel. We have seen worse hotels so this was not that bad - it just needs some tender loving care.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel, this place is horrible, it looks gruesome and it is, we booked this hotel because of the proximity to Busch Gardens but it was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. We left our suitcases in the room and went to get something to eat, when we came back with the pizza the door wouldn't open, had to go down to check-in and get some help, anyways they had to break the lock and moved us to another room. The carpets were dirty and smelly, the sink was clogged and there were mosquitoes in the room. My husband and I like to sleep in a cool room, well the AC did not work, lots of noise but air did not come out cold, couldn't sleep at all, worst night of my life. The pool was disgusting, no chance of taking a dip.I do not recommend this place, better spend a little extra money and stay in a clean and better hotel.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 31, 2013

this hotel was the worst hotel I ever stay in the manager is very rude the hotel is run down and looks like a hotel u find in the middle of the ghetto I will never stay there again and I urge u not to stay in this hotel for even one night look at these photos it what the rooms really look like 110

1  Thank atomiceclipse